Hearts of Iron IV - Development Diary 52 - Modding

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing. Also Blackicecream? Nice one.

Day 1 Austro-Hungarian empire mod anyone?

The love of this community for Austria-Hungary is only surpassed by its fetish for Byzantium.

Reactions:
You can reposition a building but can you also adjust its scale in modder mode?

Reactions:
finaly! how it will be with mod support from paradox? helping with understanding mechanics or helping with modded events and AI?

There may be plans to expand the mod support team, but I can't confirm anything.
If it does happen I will most likely be primary support for HOI4 and happy to help with pretty much anything. My hope is obviously that our awesome community will guide new modders and help with understanding the mechanics so I can focus on adding new features.
One thing is certain. We will do what we can to support the mod community, something this DD should speak to =)

Reactions:
A tool to track down errors !

My sacrifice to God Odin were not in vain !

Reactions:
The AI
The AI in HOI3 was run though Lua scripts, but we decided to abandon these for several reasons in HOI4 (lack of lua knowledge at the company and low performance was the big ones). The AI is still however very moddable and has a lot of scripts to modify. I think its best to wait and talk about that in the dedicated dev diary on AI stuff I'll make @SteelVolt write before release though :)

Any idea on the date of that diary ?

Reactions:
the in game Nudger tool that provides a simple interface to modify the properties of the map.

You realise there will be a swarm of "My Nation was the MOST UNDERRATED contributor in WW2 and is now properly uberz" mods and I have no problem with this.

This is exactly what the game needs. :) Opinion of Paradox increased by +25!
Try +200!

Oh my gosh, map editing just became ltierally 10x faster and x3 as intuitive, the barrier for entry to modding has been blown apart, peoples ability to tweak mods to there personal liking is astronomically higher.
You guys should have announced pre-orders at the same time as this diary to ride off the uber hype, Hello 'HOI4 Galaxy edition' lol

Reactions:
wait wait....you stole land from Småland to give to Östergötland?
You just raised my world tension by 100%

But on a more serious note this could be awsome

Reactions:
Being a nerd in historical accuracy of profiles and nation or variant related values, I hope it is possible to mod a specific 2D Profile to the variants (maybe like the choosable templates for divisions) and also give every different unit (ship, plane, tank) nationsspecific values (not only by choosing a Company)

Maybe some like this:
Diary9_Air_tech_tree_profiles.jpg

Reactions:
Still no 3d model moding support from paradox's side?

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.