Hearts of Iron IV - Development Diary 51 - Music & Sound Design

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When I saw this weeks DD, I was a bit disappointed but after reading it I really enjoyed it. I had no idea that actual orchestras were used in making the sound track. I thought for sure it was all computer generated music. Thanks for the interesting DD!
I had/have the exact! same feeling :-D
It's cool to know that there where actual people playing instruments when hearing the music of a game.

Please more DDs about the technical aspect of creating this game. I found it WAY more interesting than I initially thought.

When I saw this weeks DD, I was a bit disappointed but after reading it I really enjoyed it. I had no idea that actual orchestras were used in making the sound track. I thought for sure it was all computer generated music. Thanks for the interesting DD!
A few of them are with real orchestra, but there are tracks with sampled orchestra as well.

Reactions:
Looks like you can give yourselves a pat on the back in the sound department, those compositions in particular sound very impressive, I shall be sure to keep the in game music switched on

Reactions:
I am just saying that Andreas music for me personally is the icing on the grand strategy cake of any Paradox game. Bringing him was a smart decision, as well as expanding the ingame music collection with works from other talented composers (Kairi for EU4 ... and yes also Sabaton).

I am from Brandenburg, so this makes this music extra special for me.

Last edited:
Reactions:
@Jazzhole: It might be the "don't mention the war" thing, it might just as well be the "Meh, it's just for a computer game, I thought this was something serious" which you will also meet a fair bit.

Also 51th -> 51st.

Awesome!
That music is really good stuff. Not sure if it is something that i would listen to off-game unlike one or two CK2 tracks, but it should be perfect background music.

Do we get DLC/free patch that also has HOI3 music in it? Not necessary, that can be easily modded in, just would be nice.

Awesome job! Love it!

The thing I like most about these kinds of DDs is that we get exposure to more people behind the scenes than just the project leads. I think the whole team deserves massive kudos for everything you are doing. Keep up the good work!

I Love you Guys :)

Now I feel reaaally bad for always turning off the music in pdox games but I just love to combine metal with paradox games in my rare sparetime. On the other hand... the orchestra is really neat (and I'm already addicted to the Stellaris OST snippets recently shown in the dev diary), so who knows, maybe I will change my mind since Mr. Waldetoft is doing such a great job. :D