Hearts of Iron IV - Developer Diary 16 - World Tension

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks great!. Podcat are you posting as a regular user instead of a Dev, or something of the sorts? If thats possible in the settings. I can see the Thread isnt marked with a Pdox logo and the other devs are writing with white on a black background while you are not :)

That's a nice tooltip font, what is it?

Century Gothic. but its not final. we will be tweaking it more to make it more hoi:ish

Looks great!
I'm shamefully bumping a question from last months DD;

Sorry for the total unrelated question :oops:
What unites will be represented in-game with 3D models?
So far we have seen, infantry, tanks, fighters, bombers, convoys, "battle" ships, carriers and subs.
What about artillery, personnel carrier, trucks and cavalry troops etc.?

there is also models for mechanized, motorized, arty and cavalry. These are generally an infantry guy + arty piece, or a truck while moving + soldier while fighting etc

I wouldn't go so far. I like the world tension, but I can agree with you, that there're at least 100 issues of HOI IV I'm more interested in;)

But I think that this other topics are highly under investigation, so they concentrate more on presenting the simpler topics right now and working hard on the essential ones:D

Considering how disliked the threat vs neutrality system was in HOI3 I would have imagined it would be pretty nice to know how it has changed.

Reactions:
Looks great!. Podcat are you posting as a regular user instead of a Dev, or something of the sorts? If thats possible in the settings. I can see the Thread isnt marked with a Pdox logo and the other devs are writing with white on a black background while you are not :)

yeah I havent learned all these newfangled forum majingos yet

Reactions:
Is it right that countries world tension is also dependend on activities of your allies or aligned countries (communist / fascist / democratic)?

So I see Italy's and fascist Spains activities are added to the German ones (23,5%)

Or is it only for right and left winged countries?

Reactions:
I really like this direction of the International Relations, as sounds like some nice game mechanics that are somewhat but not totally predictable with the unexpected from other nations.

AND !! That we can see the history of it in the tool tip :)

Reactions:
nice! a massive improvment over HOI 3! and claims... yesssssssssss*snake noises*

just for clarification, are the ideologies the sum of the political parties? or are the parties themselves shown?

Reactions:
Will there be a video-presentation of HOI4 in the near future like we saw of pdxcon15? Some new video material would be awesome:)

Reactions:
Thanks for the diary, will the threat from actions on the world tension have a mouse over so you can see which specific action the date relates to?

Reactions:
Do actions like coups and countries forming alliances and making guarantees increase tension? I imagine the world would be more tense if say, Italy was overtaken by communists and the allies guaranteed the borders of Czechoslovakia

Do actions like coups and countries forming alliances and making guarantees increase tension? I imagine the world would be more tense if say, Italy was overtaken by communists and the allies guaranteed the borders of Czechoslovakia

coups increase tension, but guarantees actually lower tension a bit

Reactions:
Will manufactured threats be available on demand for fascist nations on any country they want with pretexts to go to war something to the effect of
h2897B232

or will pretexts to go to war for germany on any nation it chooses have to be a little bit more solid?

Reactions:
Will manufactured threats be available on demand for fascist nations on any country they want with pretexts to go to war something to the effect of
h2897B232

or will pretexts to go to war for germany on any nation it chooses have to be a little bit more solid?

A fascist nation can always do it, but the time and threat it generates depends on if there are any legit claims or wargoal(CB in eu terms) given.

Reactions: