Hearts of Iron IV - Advanced Guide for Beginners

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am getting my first gaming pc here are the specs
  • Mid Tower Chassis
  • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
  • 8GB DDR4 Memory
  • 240GB Solid State Drive
  • 2TB 7200RPM Storage
  • Premium CPU Cooler
  • 600W Power Supply
  • B350M Motherboard
is this good enough for HOI4

Seems a bit vague on the issue of "width."

After time and especially WtT changed and/or added some essential game mechanics, I would like to know if this guide will ever be updated. In addition to the rudimentary tutorial, there is practically no alternative to learning the game than the wiki. Or constant searching on the Internet/ forums.

I understand that the Wiki is basically or in total based on community support, but hey...

From the Wiki:

Beginner's guide ... This article may contain information in the current version of the game. It was updated for 1.3.

Land warfare ... It was updated for 1.3

Battle plan ... It was updated for 1.3

Army planner ... It was updated for 1.3

Air warfare ... It was updated for 1.0

etc. etc. ...

Please do not misunderstand, for obvious reasons I'm not complaining about the wiki (to which HoI IV refers as an in-game reference). But since you are counting on that customers should explain your product to other customers, the whole thing is a joke.

I'm an absolute beginner in terms of Hearts of Iron IV with just 40 hours of playing time on the clock. I'd love to learn the game with all its facets. But most of the time I have to tab out of the game to search for informations I need. That's plain ridiculous.

"We didn't make a manual because it's easier for us to update a Wiki as we add/change features"

- does not ever update the Wiki -

Anybody can grab their copy right now from the following link: http://pdxint.at/2s5zwzP

p. 6 first sentence German --> Germany,
p. 10 point 2 "but the computing branch is most important capability multiplier on this screen." lacking "the" between branch and is,
p. 18 "should be emphasize their firepower", either "be emphasizing" or simply "emphasize" as in the next sentence,
sitzkrieg --> Sitzkrieg
p.21 "If you can’t get to an Extra Research Slot easily, then the ability to accelerate the research you can already could be a valuable boost." would sound better with a "do" between already and could,
p. 22 "Do not bypass these if they lead to something you better, but don’t go out of your way to choose these focuses". Either the "you" should be deleted or a "like" between you and better added,
p. 23 "Anschluss" --> "Anschluß" (Anschluss might be correct for nowadays spelling since 1996 but before it was written with a "sharp s" = ß, for those without a german keyboard it is ALT-225,
p. 24 2nd sentence under Advisors: "advisors" --> Advisors as the starting word of the sentence,
p. 48 "Like amphibious assaults, airborne assaults from paratroopers run the risk of low supply, so if these divisions are use in paradrops" use --> used

Perfect! Never thought it might be a browser issue -- I use Edge. Tried with Chrome and it was perfectly readable and now downloaded to my PC. Thanks!
Therin lies the problem with MS, they don't give a shit about being compatible with anything, not even any world wide standards.

Hi guys. I was wondering if it is possible to complete 'Party like it's 1520' achievement now because every time I start switching to communism Britain declares war and makes it impossible to cross the strait. What is the strategy?
P.S. I tried to make allies with USSR but they cannot help me because of the British Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.