Hearts of Iron IV - 44th Development Diary - 12th of February 2016

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When you occupy the land, resistance will always grow, but will be limited by a couple things, most notably, your occupation policies. When you ANNEX it though, BAM, there is magically no resistance for some reason.
Oh, thank you. I guess then I don't know how to annex. I feel like the World War will only let you annex until one or a couple of the major powers is defeated? I haven't got that far yet. I'm playing as Germany and wondering when all the resistance will end. I'm trying to conquer Russia. It's really hurting. :)

Oh, thank you. I guess then I don't know how to annex. I feel like the World War will only let you annex until one or a couple of the major powers is defeated? I haven't got that far yet. I'm playing as Germany and wondering when all the resistance will end. I'm trying to conquer Russia. It's really hurting. :)
Yes, when you defeat another faction (or a country that is in no faction) there will be a peace screen, and you annex or puppet things from there. And anything you annex is instantly happy and ready to serve (except for manpower)