Hearts of Iron IV - 33rd Development Diary - Supply

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if we get pretty ambitious mods adding stuff like fuel, ammo etc to "equipment" which means you'll have to produce that stuff as well, depending on if the AI can handle it of course. We were never bothered with stuff like ammo in HOI3, it was an integrated part of supplies (which we still have, we just don't produce it in HOI4, just balance on-map capacity).
The bottleneck for ammunition of various calibres was never really a strategic problem production-wise for most nations in WW2, the problem was logistics issues meaning the frontline units could get into trouble, so I'm pretty fine with stuff like that abstracted through the jerrycan icon and bundled with the supplies.
Maybe but production-wise the Manhattan project was a tiny fraction of what the Germans spent for ammunition.

Maybe but production-wise the Manhattan project was a tiny fraction of what the Germans spent for ammunition.
It did require some substantial research effort and a lot of bright minds though (which is already modeled by different mechanics). I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be all about IC being put into reactors in HOI4 either.
If you want a deeper mod why not treat reactor capacity as special factories for uranium and plutonium enrichment/production and bomb manufacturing requiring certain quantities of those produced materials.
That is if PDS fails to produce a sufficiently good mechanic along the line.

It did require some substantial research effort and a lot of bright minds though (which is already modeled by different mechanics).
Yes, we have discussed that somewhere else. USA got as immigrants the best scientist in the world and made a quantum leap in science. However the thread is about supply i.e. production not about research.
I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be all about IC being put into reactors in HOI4 either.If you want a deeper mod why not treat reactor capacity as special factories for uranium and plutonium enrichment/production and bomb manufacturing requiring certain quantities of those produced materials.
That is if PDS fails to produce a sufficiently good mechanic along the line.
You are pretty sure. I have no clue.

1) In HoI4 oil will play a bigger role than In HoI3
2) The system is transparent and easy to understand.

--> HoI4 has in every aspect a better supply system than HoI3.

Iam happy that this new system will come. Ofc it could be better. But cyring about "what if" is stupid.

I agree.
Not to mention the fact that through DLC a lot of what people are complaining about is going to be addressed in depth. Look at virtually every mechanic in EU4, and how it's evolved from release to now with all the DLCs and Expansions.

Reactions:
So they spend their time developing a defect game so they can sell us the proper game down the road as DLC.

Actually ive had the same thought myself. I will bet you that the first DLC will be named Commander and will give us OOB.

Reactions:
Add a fighting brigaded, some AA and AT to HQs and hey presto- they are more useful..

Thing with the OOB. I remember many people asking for an OOB like in the books or military charts. Well we got exactly that in Hoi4, except it's used for focus tree instead :confused: o_O :rolleyes: :D

Reactions:
Routes are automated and I think someone might have put a strait to korea from back when we were testing stuff, should probably remove that. And yes motorized equipment requires oil of course.

Sorry for the necroposting and sorry if the question has been already answered here or elsewhere, but I am wondering if one have the possibility to cancel/suspend naval convoys, at least. I mean, can I suspend a specific naval convoy which is just a ship-black-hole draining all my available transports due, for example, to a superior enemy submarine power?

I have 2 problems with HOI IV......

1. The arcade feel of the battles...... units seem to run around with no "AI" idea of what to do.... pointing an arrow towards Moscow and letting the AI handle the war plan is arcade at its finest. How can you play a defensive battle when all your units are constantly moving and never entrenching?? Now before all the fanbois chime in..... Its broken plain and simple.

2. Lack of historical replay..... yes we have all the events in research... but when the war starts... its beer and pretzel time. England does an invasion of Germany in 39..... and you want me to believe the game AI is working correctly?

Fix the AI? no the devs chose to add more fluff for minors dlc..... give me more portraits for minors.... but does the AI show any improvements?

I choose to not support this title. You got my $30 because of my love for HOI but I am done.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.