Hearts of Iron IV - 32nd Development Diary - 6th of November 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then, if i play a country of south america, it will be impossible to make war against my neighbor . So it will be very boring. No ?

Did you actually read Podcat's reply to the thread? He confirmed that a guarantee does not pull a country into a war if it has guaranteed BOTH countries in the war, so the US won't automatically join any war between countries in the Americas.

Reactions:
I cannot possibly understand what's wrong with 40 mec divisions in a desert. I mean, those vehicles had air con, right?

Reactions:
Well in my latest HoI3 game (yes it finally, sorta works) the USA has joined the comintern. Me as Germany now has not just russian hordes coming out of the east but American firepower. At least that won't be happening again.

You think Massachusetts is too small to be its own state? We have 2/3 the population of Sweden! (just kidding, awesome DD and can't wait for the next one :))

Edit: What's going on with the border with Maine and Canada?

Reactions:
Reaffirm Monroe Doctrine - Turning entire americas into democracies that like the US, with possibilities to create pro-democratic civil wars.
It is my opinion that goes against history. USA has a history about their dictatorial friends.

Also, making it only pro-democratic makes it useless if USA is not a democracy anymore. Makes more sense if it were "pro-USA's ideology civil wars.

Reactions:
I really want 'Pearl Harbor Gambit' to be an event where the US fakes an attack their own fleet to start a war.

Pearl Harbor trutherism isn't much of a thing still, and PDX can be on the fore-front :)

Reactions:
From the looks of the war-plan branches, it doesn't look like the US has to change their government to support a given ideology? But then Jonah also mentions

"Home of the Free, which allows them to create factions, but not to join any faction led by another ideology."

Can you guys kind of walk us through the thinking there? Am I missing something?

Reactions:
Also- the interface of locations on the right side of the screen. I count 36 total, so I'm assuming that's the US land division total. Is that an interface that allows you to quickly locate all your overseas assets and whatnot? Or does it do more?

Either way, it looks nice and should help keep track of all the little islands :)

Reactions:
Interesting with all the easily available options, will provide ample replay value.
From the looks of the war-plan branches, it doesn't look like the US has to change their government to support a given ideology? But then Jonah also mentions

"Home of the Free, which allows them to create factions, but not to join any faction led by another ideology."

Can you guys kind of walk us through the thinking there? Am I missing something?
Well you can have an alliance with a faction leader, or maybe this is only available between two faction leaders or two faction-less countries...(countries on the same "level" ?), anyhow remember the German-USSR Unholy alliance national focus? This is probably similar to that in that you only form an alliance, you don't actually join that faction.

Reactions: