Hearts of Iron IV - 31st Development Diary - 30th of October 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Government form to one that existed historically and that had no change in flag.

Which exist for only around 4 months historically...

More like not at all. If they really felt the absolute need to have different flags, they could have gone with the army flag, but normally there shouldn't be any change.

The army flag is very monarchistic...

Reactions:
Son, let me tell you a little story about a country I like to call Byzantium...

hahahah dude wtf I was thinking the same

I think if Greece conquers Turkey it should be called Byzantium Greece

Reactions:
This will beautifully remedy the rather anti-climatic final victories in HoI3. It will save a lot of console use to create realistic borders. :)

Agreed this should really make an interesting and fun end process to wars. And maybe nicely set the next war up.

Can I just get something clear quickly, can we still make peace with individual countries easily while at war with the other participants? So we can annex Poland and then get to work on invading France / Western Europe, so that we don't need to wait until France falls to annex Poland?

Edit: I realize it's a bit of a stupid question but I wanted to get this completely clear.

Reactions:
More like not at all. If they really felt the absolute need to have different flags, they could have gone with the army flag, but normally there shouldn't be any change.
It is a pretty clear visual cue to the player that the country has changed regimes, which I suppose is part of the point.

Reactions:
y8stSxp.jpg
The Netherlands
The
triggered!

Reactions:
*Voice of Montgomery Burns* Excellent! This peace system should work well in Victoria III!
Victoria 3 should have a peace conference system that allowed you to draw all-new province borders with a ruler :p .

Reactions:
Ok, I'm going to throw this out there but please don't hate:

will Albania World Conquest be possible still or has HOI4 matured as an strategy game?

I suspect no devs or testers have spent much time worrying about this scenario. At some point a good player who understands all the game mechanics will probably pull off an absurd world conquest. When that happens it makes sense for the dev team to look back and see if that means they should refine a mechanic to stop that from happening.

Reactions: