Hearts of Iron IV - 31st Development Diary - 30th of October 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, it'd probably be good if as a participant in the winning side you could trade your points to an ally for other things (like industrial production or something). That'd probably help keep things like Bulgaria taking a chunk of Northeast Poland which just makes no sense for them. If I were Bulgaria (and do I ever wish I was), I'd probably just want to get a small chunk of German production so I could expand my own army...

Reactions:
Germany got China fighting on its side holy crap! that's very historical until 41 at least
Until 1937, when Nazi Germany's ally invaded China.

The article you quote says that "after Kuomintang's defeat in the Chinese Civil War, the central government relocated to Taiwan. In the Republic of China on Taiwan, many government officials and ministers were trained in Germany, as were many faculties, research personnel, and military officers, such as Chiang's own adopted son Chiang Wei-kuo".

If that was true then he wouldn't be in the Wehrmacht, which was disbanded. However, since the uniform in the photo has a swastika, then the person in the photo was not in the post-war German Army.

Can you remove the picture please.

Reactions:
this looks really good....and sets up some interesting possibilities for expansion later..

another question though is how Vichy is going to work?

Reactions:
Looking good!

On the icons, I like the red skull, but I'm less certain about the green men saluting. Couldn't even tell what they were at first :/ . But the system itself looks really good. Will be interesting to see what this plays like in-game.

Looking good!

On the icons, I like the red skull, but I'm less certain about the green men saluting. Couldn't even tell what they were at first :/ . But the system itself looks really good. Will be interesting to see what this plays like in-game.

First one is participation in the war effort, the second is estimated divisional strength.

:)

The article you quote says that "after Kuomintang's defeat in the Chinese Civil War, the central government relocated to Taiwan. In the Republic of China on Taiwan, many government officials and ministers were trained in Germany, as were many faculties, research personnel, and military officers, such as Chiang's own adopted son Chiang Wei-kuo".

If that was true then he wouldn't be in the Wehrmacht, which was disbanded. However, since the uniform in the photo has a swastika, then the person in the photo was not in the post-war German Army.

What? You seem confused...

or maybe im not getting u..?

Reactions:
Something definately happened to Yugoslavia and Romania, what government type gets you that prefix?
WBpIDPe.jpg

Also:
qv0b4ls.jpg

Px4tZ7i.jpg

Reactions:

This is him prior to '39 lolz

btw Chiang Kai Shek's son commanded a panzer unit during the Anschluss and he rode in a tank into Austria during Operation Otto.

Chiang_Wei-kuo_in_Germany_with_Wehrmacht_officials.jpg

Reactions:
This seems very interesting, one of the more promising things about HOI4 so far. But is there also "conferences" before war is over? When for instance government went into exile, can you still have a conference with the "new leaders" and divide up countries like: annex this bit, occopy that bit and create a puppet out of this bit?

For instance Jugoslavia, would italy have their parts, germany annex some parts, croatia be created and some parts (serbia) be just occupied? Also is the above image for the entire conflict? It says German-Polish war, but indeed it wasn't that much casualties?

Reactions:
I don't really understand. "German-Polish war", Poland is captured, France is captured, yet warscore is somewhat 60-40. When will this conference happen? At the end of the game?

Reactions:
Holy moly, Radical Yugoslavia and Legionary Romania, those are pretty strange (but badass) names. Are those names for Axis versions of Yughoslavia and Romania? I assume that Radical comes from Yugoslavian radikalna stranka and Legionary in Romania comes from garda de fier also known as leggionnaire movement am I right? It's the first time I've seen such names for those countries, I mean I've seen German Reich in various sources, but those two are somewhat exotic. Is it direct translation from Swedish? Do you have such terms in Swedish historiography?

Reactions:
nice DD, but still nothing about Japan :(

Reactions: