Hearts of Iron IV - 31st Development Diary - 30th of October 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quick question about casualties: do they only reflect men lost in combat or does it factor in other elements? For example, in the first pic France lost 2.31M men: are those the men who died during battles or does the count include the disarmed men after the occupation of the country (the divisions that disappear to speak in HOI3 terms)?

Reactions:
The peace system looks promising, something I wished for HoI4 since the beginning.

There should definitely be a harsh "warscorecost" multiplier for provinces not bordering your main land. This should be a smart way to get the AI to not border-gore like in the picture shown. It should be way cheaper to annex Stanislawow for Germany than for Romania because its bordering german territory.

I think there is still a lot of tweaking involved to get plausible results (for example the alpha screenshot of australia annexing pommerania).

Reactions:
So 3 tended to treat the war in Europe as one long affair from Germany's invasion of Poland till the eventual fall of Berlin (or Moscow and London...and maybe Washington too). I'm assuming that that's not how you'd want to treat the war here, since Germany and others will want to divide up Poland and France and so-forth before they move on to England and Soviets. But if France is in an alliance with England, can you start a peace deal/table?

Am I overthinking this?

Reactions:
This seems like a great improvement. I think that all grand strategy Paradox games could use a Wikipedia sidebar type summary of battles and wars that would go along great with this peace conference mechanic. Are non lethal casualties and recovery going to be modeled?

Reactions:
To come to a conference you need to beat the faction's leader yeah, meanwhile countries will be occupied etc. For countries not in faction its conference right away.

Call me stupid, but it seems to me that the allied faction leader (G.B.) has not been defeated...so why is there a peace conference?

Reactions:
Wait a sec, why is Romania called Legionary Romania??

or Rad Yugoslavia?

wtf??

looks derpy

y8stSxp.jpg

Reactions:
To come to a conference you need to beat the faction's leader yeah, meanwhile countries will be occupied etc. For countries not in faction its conference right away.

Thank you. Does this mean the numerous border changes Germany made in Eastern Europe when things were running their way won't be represented? No independent Croatia, Inner Mongolia etc?

Fine if not, as the peace conference system should take care of the 'occupation as annexation' issue I've been whining about since HoI1, surely a greater evil.

I have to admit when i read last week that this weeks dev diary would be about Peace Deals and Conferences i wasn't too excited. But Holy MuzzaBuzza this feature will improve the game so much. Good work.

Regards

Reactions: