• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, I forgot to mention that Lothos and some of the other betas have helped out a lot with optimizing the production AI. It can build some really mean unit compositions now and is much harder to fight against.

Aye, there is a new way to design units via the LUA custom country files. You no longer have to make massive methods. You can design your own divisions in about 10 lines of code or less. The core LUA code will then handle the rest.

Invasion AI. Will we finally see Germany invade the USA should the SU fall? When I play as an axis power, the game normally doesn't go very long after the SU falls, I was hoping the AI improvements would prevent them from...falling asleep.

Aye, there is a new way to design units via the LUA custom country files. You no longer have to make massive methods. You can design your own divisions in about 10 lines of code or less. The core LUA code will then handle the rest.
It makes modding division builds VERY easy

EDIT
Is the rumor I heard :)

Last edited:
Looks good but I had pinned all my hopes on this dev diary telling me you had done variable surrender levels for different Wargoals :(

We dont, but there are some new rules making them harder to abuse (cant puppet and conquer at the same time etc). its a problem I know about though and I hope I can have a look at it for a patch in the future

Sounds quite nifty. As to Japan, am I right to assume that this mainly affects the AI and the player is still free (within bounds) to rewrite history?

Yes you can pick your own wargoals as well of course.

Wouldn't it be better if that would happen when you detach a leader from a unit? This way, you would have two units' org halved if you switch leaders, but you wouldn't lose anything if you assign a new leader to a unit without leadership.

if the hit was when you detached you could still abuse the system and pop in leaders on your frontline divisions right before battle. Imagine this: use the good leader to win a battle, then remove him and drop him into the next tough fight. the new unit wouldnt get the org hit in this case. It would just slow things down. As it is now dropping a new leader in command of someone who is just about to fight is a bad idea.

Invasion AI. Will we finally see Germany invade the USA should the SU fall? When I play as an axis power, the game normally doesn't go very long after the SU falls, I was hoping the AI improvements would prevent them from...falling asleep.

I havent actually tried that. with default victory conditions axis will win the game after they invade UK and soviet has been defeated.

Oh btw, one of the betas reminded me we should probably talk about new modding support and such. I will try and make a little bonus diary next week to explain new modding stuff for those who care about that :)

Oh btw, one of the betas reminded me we should probably talk about new modding support and such. I will try and make a little bonus diary next week to explain new modding stuff for those who care about that :)

Yes please :)

I would buy the expansion for the UI changes alone. Great work!

"... you can now jump to any leader's location on the map by clicking on them in the ledger..." FINALLY! It's still incomprehensible that something like this wasn't carried over from HOI2 to HOI3. Hopefully this works with units as well as leaders. If this works in HOI3 like it does in HOI2 then it will be a lot easier to manage a large number of units and leaders. What took SO LONG to do this?

When a country in a faction is defeated, it can now only go into exile in another major nation in the same faction. If there are no majors remaining, they will be annexed instead. In addition, all GiE nations in a faction will be annexed when the last major surrenders.

«Major» means some certain powers or just stronger one than defeated country?

The only thing that is missing now for HoI3 to be perfect is for German units to have German names, French units to have French names, Italian units to have Italian names, and so on. Since after a while they all start to get generic English names.

Magnificant,finally reorganisation on Brigade! level.
Thanks.This game will be my cure this winter.

Oh my exactly what I´ve asked for with CAGs. Improvements to AI builds, awesome. However what will show on CAGs when they are below that ORG? "Resting"? I believe the values are moddable?

Excellent news. Most anticipated expansion ever :wub:

Just wondering, would it be possible to change an event? or somehow add it to create a Czechoslovak GIE? It kind of bugs me that it just gets annexxed though I realise it may be hard to implement and may be a little too late.

Just wondering, would it be possible to change an event? or somehow add it to create a Czechoslovak GIE? It kind of bugs me that it just gets annexxed though I realise it may be hard to implement and may be a little too late.

They really where not a GIE, there was alarge German population in that country and the portion that was not heavily concentrated with Germans became Slovakia.

? what are you talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovak_government-in-exile

There were also several military units fighting both under the UK and the Soviets in various theaters of war. While it was no way as large as the Polish contingents it wasnt such a minor force either.

Yes but it was not in grand scale. Look at the creation date, it was October 1939 when the committee was recognized officially by the allies. BUT they did not realy provide uprising problems at all since there was a large German decendant population in Checkloslavakia. Again keep in mind this is the direction PI chose to go, you may not like the answer given (history is always being disputed by people all the time and each person has their own interpretation) this is why you are left the option to MOD the game. You are free to change that if you like. Pretty much every board/PC game I have every played has treated Checkloslavakia in the same fashion because of the same reason. Their was no real partisan problem in those areas. Maybe something occasional but nothing large scale like they saw in Poland and Yugoslavia.