• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HoI3 Writing Contest - Top 5

• Watch out for vegetables... by cocodtim

Votes: 16 7,0%
  • Fall Weiss by demokratickid

Votes: 35 15,3%
  • Doktor Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Hun by Llywelyn

Votes: 45 19,7%
  • OUR LADY of SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland by robw963

Votes: 62 27,1%
  • Here is Europe as the cool empire of P0L4ND!!! by Storm501

Votes: 71 31,0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does that mean my entry looks silly as well?

Llywelyn's looks nice and home or at work.
I have to scroll over on my resolution, but I can get it all in on my screen once I line it up. If you are using indents, you might consider dropping them as I don't know that they are necessary.

Just a quick question - any penalties for multiple submissions?

While I am perfectly happy with my original entry, creative juices flowing and all that sort of thing. You know, the usual - Italian officer attached to German HQ observing the invasion, the thoughts of a young SS officer on his first battle, what was going through Ludwig Beck's mind in the hours before the start of battle. That sort of thing.

Just a quick question - any penalties for multiple submissions?

While I am perfectly happy with my original entry, creative juices flowing and all that sort of thing. You know, the usual - Italian officer attached to German HQ observing the invasion, the thoughts of a young SS officer on his first battle, what was going through Ludwig Beck's mind in the hours before the start of battle. That sort of thing.
The rules in the other thread hold your answer. One entry per person.

Does that mean my entry looks silly as well?

Make sure your pictures are outside the
tags. That's what causes posts to get wider (rather than forcing the content to get narrower). Yours is pretty good- you're only using 6 of the tags and your pictures aren't wide enough to cause any real trouble. Llywelyn is using like 8 or 9 sets, and has his pics lined up side by side.

EDIT: I have way too much time on my hands. :eek:o

krynicaafinal.jpg

This is what you would have seen if you were able to press the 'OK' button on the Jablonka screenshot.​

Last edited:
Hi friends:

I know I have a low post count here, but I have been following the development news of HOI3 with what I'm sure is a normal (also known in other circles-- such as in my house with my wife, or when I talk to my friends-- as fanatical) level of interest. I've been lurking the main HOI3 forum for ages, but hadn't really explored the other parts of the Paradox Forum.

It turns out I also like to write, and I just discovered this AARLand -- what a great place! Excellent writing all around.

Anyway, I humbly toss my hat into the ring.

I wish it would rain.

Including the captions and those three very special little words at the end, mine is exactly 1500 words. I may tweak it some, but it's pretty much done.
That depends... Does Rysz-Smigly count as more than one word??? :p :D

Rensslaer

Well as we are quickly running out of time, I thought I would post a link to my AAR if anyone is interested in checking it out. Opinions, comments, and suggestions are more than welcome because I am always trying to improve my writing.

Located_Here

Thanks

-Kaempfer

Finally managed to complete the last letter which finishes my contribution.

I am also very curious if we will reach the fifty contestants before July 5th.

Ok, finally.

Final draft is up here.

Each section has a Roman numeral. If you get two in a row, it means one of the images didn't load.

Acknowledgments: Thanks to Alfred Packer (via Kommunaut) for the format;
and thanks to [d]ublish, Mr. Mosby, and Coz1 for encouragement and help getting it running.

Last edited:
i just noticed the contest today and have the first part of my AAR up already. i posted an email for any comments or suggestions. more will be coming soon as i want to include the battle of berlin (with a different attacker). does anybody think i shouldnt have gone with the science fiction part of the story?

Anyways we are at 50 entries everyone!!

Cool! We have reached our guestimated number of entries. Altough I didn't dare to hope when we first started out.:D

Dublish how come you have all these nice screens?

He stole them from paradox :D

I bet, with a lot of time and effort he made those ;)

Anyways we are at 50 entries everyone!!

I did indeed steal everything from the Paradox forums. Except that gigantic 'Hearts of Iron III' text- that was from IGN. Everything else is elbow grease and spit polish.

Cool! We have reached our guestimated number of entries. Altough I didn't dare to hope when we first started out.:D

1 in 10 wins! I like those odds.