• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kinderaxe

Recruit
18 Badges
Feb 13, 2009
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
I just bought a new PC DVD copy of HOI Anthology containing all of the current HOI titles. In trying to install it on computers using Vista as the operating system (and it does not matter which of the 4 titles I try to install) the following Windows message appears: "Anthology Menu has stopped working" "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

HOI2 loaded from older DVD's of the Game, and other much more demanding games, work well on these systems but I can't get my new copy of Anthology to work on any PC using Vista Home Premium as the operating system.

Any suggestions on how I might get Anthology to install on PCs using Vista?

The installer on the Anthology CD doesnt work with Vista... well known issue.

Workaround... Go into Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder for the game you want to install and launch the Setup.exe file from there.

Also to avoid hassels do not install the game in the default location... install it in a place like c:\games\hoi2DDA (for Armageddon)

Patching Armagadon Anthology

Assuming I manage your suggested workaround and get my new Hearts of Iron Armagadon Anthology installed; it is not clear how to patch same. Is the 1.2 patch necessary? Are there 2 versions of 1.3 patch? I would very much appreciate a link to the current patch with some brief instructions on how to install.

Thanks

You only need the 1.2 Armageddon patch

The 1.3 BETA patch is optional

Here is a link to all HOI2 patches

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392813

When you do the 1.2 Armageddon patch you have to make sure that the patch is directed into the correct folder, which is Paradox Interactive/Armageddon, not Paradox Interactive/Doomsday/Armageddon

Now i have a problem. I just bought "HoI2 complete", the one with all the expansions. But when i insert the DVD in my computer, nothing happens. BTW my computer is a Vista 32.

Does anyone have a sugestion, it would be very nice.