• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Axe99 The wiki is community managed, we're happy to let the community lead how its structured and updated. Happy editing.

Cheers :) My inactivity this week isn't a waning of interest, just got a virus that's smashing me (don't think it's COVID, so nothing exciting, but I need to heal a bit more before I'm editing wikis again).

• 2Like
Reactions:
When would the new logistic mechanic be updated?

Sorry - hub supply is fairly well there already (just got trains to go), but I got a nasty bug this week that slowed me down a heap. It'll keep being updated as best my health allows. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask - amongst other things, they're a good guide to what might be good to cover in the wiki :)

Reactions:
When would the new logistic mechanic be updated?
This is a community maintained wiki so we encorage users to take action and update articles they deem important rather than waiting for it to be done by others.

And on that note, if it is done by others, the wikis have a "Thanks" extenstion installed (accessible on the "view history" tab of the article) to show gratitude to those users.

• 3Like
Reactions:
This is a community maintained wiki so we encorage users to take action and update articles they deem important rather than waiting for it to be done by others.

And on that note, if it is done by others, the wikis have a "Thanks" extenstion installed (accessible on the "view history" tab of the article) to show gratitude to those users.

That being said, in this particular case, it would be helpful if anyone weighing into the Logistics wiki got involved in the discussion on the "talk" page so it can be coordinated. If no-one's working on something, and someone gets involved, that's great - but if someone's already working on the page and someone else comes along without coordination that can make more work for everyone, and turn people off updating the wiki (it's happened to me in the past). It'd be great for @him_15 to get into the mix, but only if it's in a coordinated fashion - otherwise it could involve more busywork for both of us. If others started getting involved in an uncoordinated fashion, I'd probably stop updating it, as it becomes orders of magnitude more difficult to get things sorted. Yet another issue with the community-wiki approach, but I'll save my semi-regular "this really isn't an effective way of getting the job done" critique after I've finished updating it (and it's a critique of the system, not of anyone involved outside of whichever person inside Paradox thought it was a good idea to make complex games while leaving the online manual to be outdated at best and useless (the situations for the logistics page until it started being updated, and still the situation for many elements of supply) at worst).

Something like a time-limited tag to say "someone's already looking into this, discuss on the talk page before editing", might be one way to approach it (it could even show who's tagged it)? Then if whoever has ticked that hasn't done anything in X days (a week?) that tag goes away?

On Logistics, trains is now up, and the next section (already partially drafted) to be done will be on conversion after change in control.

• 2Like
Reactions:
@Axe99 / @SolSys: can one of you tell me who did the part about achievements ? Reason: some of them are "old" in the form that the solution are written for older version and with 1.11.5 some should be done a little bit different or ... the rating (Very Easy / Easy etc) is not true anymore in the current version. Not sure how the rating is done / determined but if new players think "lets go for the very easy once first" the will have a very nice challenge <SMILE>

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Axe99 / @SolSys: can one of you tell me who did the part about achievements ? Reason: some of them are "old" in the form that the solution are written for older version and with 1.11.5 some should be done a little bit different or ... the rating (Very Easy / Easy etc) is not true anymore in the current version. Not sure how the rating is done / determined but if new players think "lets go for the very easy once first" the will have a very nice challenge <SMILE>
If you mean the strategy hints then it was done by the community. The initial difficulty rating was set by the moderation team (or taken from the files).
If ratings/hints are not accurate then they can be changed according to what the community deems is better.

• 1Like
Reactions:

I haven't gone near the achievements page - it's possible to see a history of the page, but going back through it to find who did what specifically would be a big task, and I wouldn't recommend it. If you have any thoughts on achievements which you're confident of, don't hesitate to pop into the page yourself and make an edit (if you're not sure how to, let me know what you're trying to do and I'll have a look and report back :) ).

Edit: While I'm here, it's been a week or so since I updated the logistics page but I'm still working on it - just been a bit crook/work's been a bit busy. I've almost got the "impact of supply on land units' bit ready to go, and finally worked out (roughly) how supply grace works as well :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
I've been updating the Converter wiki and noticed that none of the icons/images show up when browsing in mobile version (using Opera browser). It seems like a bigger issue, since the same thing happens in EU4 wikis.

Reactions:
I've been updating the Converter wiki and noticed that none of the icons/images show up when browsing in mobile version (using Opera browser). It seems like a bigger issue, since the same thing happens in EU4 wikis.
Been reported. Thanks for reaching out.

• 3Like
Reactions:
OK, that's the logistics page updated. It's not perfect, but the page is at least talking about the system in the current build of the game, and not the pre-NSB/Barbarossa system, so it's got that going for it! I'm going to focus on other things for a bit, but if there are other glaring omissions to the wiki, feel free to tag me and let me know, and if the capacity and inclination's there I'll update it :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
As a result of the discussion in this thread, I updated the air support section of the wiki to include a calculation of the air support bonus to land units. Also, a number of minor edits for clarity and some subheadings.
Very nice. One question though, how do ground support modifiers, such as from battlefield support doctrine effect this? Is it a modifier up to the 25% cap or can it put you over this as well?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Very nice. One question though, how do ground support modifiers, such as from battlefield support doctrine effect this? Is it a modifier up to the 25% cap or can it put you over this as well?
It can increase the bonus beyond 25%. You can get 40% Ground Support bonus in that tree resulting in up to 25% * 1.4 = 35% air support bonus.

Reactions:
Does anyone know what happened to the HOI4 National_focus page?

Clicking on the National focus link under the "State affairs" section on the main HOI4 wiki page leads to a blank page.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does anyone know what happened to the HOI4 National_focus page?

Clicking on the National focus link under the "State affairs" section on the main HOI4 wiki page leads to a blank page.
I reverted the changes since the page was bugging out. Someone may have added them back in.
I'll look into it after work.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
@SolSys

I don't know what is going on with the National focus link. It is now back to "no longer working" status.

• 1Like
Reactions: