• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Editing the HOI4 wiki today has been an exercise in frustration. Tried several times in different ways to add a table within a section. The table always appeared at the bottom of the page rather than within the main body of the section. This occurred when editing the Province page and the Province#Capital section. This also occurred in my User:Mister_Analyst page. The edit preview always looked good prior to saving, but "corrupted" to the bottom of the page immediately after saving. Can someone confirm that this is a recent problem?

Editing the HOI4 wiki today has been an exercise in frustration. Tried several times in different ways to add a table within a section. The table always appeared at the bottom of the page rather than within the main body of the section. This occurred when editing the Province page and the Province#Capital section. This also occurred in my User:Mister_Analyst page. The edit preview always looked good prior to saving, but "corrupted" to the bottom of the page immediately after saving. Can someone confirm that this is a recent problem?
I think it's because you have |-} instead of |} at the end of table.

Reactions:
The table was broken, because it wasn't closed. I changed |-} to |} like @Mefisto1029 said and it works now

Reactions:
If there's an interest, I can correct the NATO symbols used in https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Land_units because in some cases they're kinda off the mark. I can make a list of corrections with references to APP-6 should there be a question on why I suggest a change. I can also redraw if I can have the originals so that it matches the style of the rest of the pack. I'm asking the question because I'm not sure it's really needed. People may already got used to the current ones and being precise to the last dot and comma may have less value.

If there's an interest, I can correct the NATO symbols used in https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Land_units because in some cases they're kinda off the mark. I can make a list of corrections with references to APP-6 should there be a question on why I suggest a change. I can also redraw if I can have the originals so that it matches the style of the rest of the pack. I'm asking the question because I'm not sure it's really needed. People may already got used to the current ones and being precise to the last dot and comma may have less value.
The "NATO" symbols shown in the HOI4 wiki happen to be what is shown in the game. Changing these graphics to the "true" NATO symbols will only confuse the HOI4 player base.

Reactions:
May be not call them NATO then but rather "whatever symbols"? Because:
  1. As a whole they are neither NATO nor anything.
  2. Apart from minor things there are some important ones like AT or AA. They are 200% different in RL.
You might find this thread The counter thread to end all counter threads from 2015 to be an interesting read. A few of the posters were quite knowledgeable regarding military symbols.

If you think that the Paradox game should have "true" NATO symbols, then feel free to submit a suggestion.

The counter thread to end all counter threads A few of the posters were quite knowledgeable regarding military symbols
Yes, the guys list some of the same glaring mistakes in HOI4's pseudo-NATO symbology I mentioned here. Reading the thread I got the impression PDX got symbology wrong from the very first of HOIs and it was carried over from version to version not to confuse the playerbase migrating from the old games? Is it correct? I have no personal interest in it, I prefer gamey icons :D

@Joshua Happytree

Did you visit the niehorster web site suggested by one of the posters in the counter thread to end all counter threads? Most of the HOI4 "NATO" symbols seem to be similar to those on the niehorster chart.

Also, If you wish to further discuss the military symbols used by the HOI4 game, then I suggest that you start a new thread in the main HOI4 forum; the HOI4 wiki forum is not the proper venue.

Reactions:
Did you visit the niehorster web site suggested by one of the posters in the counter thread to end all counter threads?
The guy says those are WWII (German?) tactical symbols. I haven't dived into WWII mapping for long enough to comment. But they are definitely not NATO as of now. I think the word "NATO" is misleading. At least for those who do know how to draw and read NATO-compliant maps.
I suggest that you start a new thread in the main HOI4 forum; the HOI4 wiki forum is not the proper venue.
The original proposition was for me to help with "NATO"(-ish?) symbols in wiki. But you're right and let's close this. That's certainly not the most pressing issue with HoI4 :)

• 1Like
Reactions: