Hearts of Iron 4 1.10.8 Hotfix | Checksum 0aab

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MagnusPDX

Community Manager
49 Badges
Feb 19, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hotfix.png

Very small hotfix patch is now live., this is to help with the Multiplayer issues that many of you have been experiencing recently.

### Added server visibility settings to Steam MP (Public, Private, Friends)
### New checksum is 0aab

If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will do my best to answer what I can.

Last edited:
  • 14Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Does this setting affect only the visibility in the server browser? So this doesn't have a fix for the MP cheats that enable the console, crash lobbies, etc. nor for the 3rd party library that facilitates the availability of the players' IPs (as I believe you explained in the past)?

In any case, thanks for the attention to MP and for deploying an improvement. Being able to connect only as a friend will help some people, even though it's not for the general online community.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Does this setting affect only the visibility in the server browser? So this doesn't have a fix for the MP cheats that enable the console, crash lobbies, etc. nor for the 3rd party library that facilitates the availability of the players' IPs (as I believe you explained in the past)?

In any case, thanks for the attention to MP and for deploying an improvement. Being able to connect only as a friend will help some people, even though it's not for the general online community.
This is just to fix the server visibility issue.

Reactions:
View attachment 745769

Very small hotfix patch is now live., this is to help with the Multiplayer issues that many of you have been experiencing recently.

### New checksum is 0aab

If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will do my best to answer what I can.
is war propaganda bug fixed?

Reactions:
So this doesn't have a fix for the MP cheats that enable the console, crash lobbies, etc. nor for the 3rd party library that facilitates the availability of the players' IPs (as I believe you explained in the past)?
Private and friends-only setting should protect you from all those (unless of course someone you invited to the game is the cheater :cool:).

• 4Like
Reactions:
Private and friends-only setting should protect you from all those (unless of course someone you invited to the game is the cheater :cool:).

The problem is that most people find public games, typically in a Discord, and have no way of knowing everyone. Except for unusually large groups of people, on YouTube and Twitch, who have their own games. So this doesn't help us much. Still, hoping you'll get there in time.

An idea for these cases... log these actions (console commands, lobby crash causes) somewhere so the lobby's host can identify the cheaters and get them banned from the respective Discord? I imagine this is something easier said than done in HoI, though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
What War Propaganda bug? I haven't heard about that one yet.
basically if you finish war or dont share border then the war propaganda that you are running will disappear .Furthermore you cant take this decision again as the game shows that its running.So you are stuck and cant increase war support.

• 4Like
Reactions:
The problem is that most people find public games, typically in a Discord, and have no way of knowing everyone. Except for unusually large groups of people, on YouTube and Twitch, who have their own games. So this doesn't help us much.
We are looking at more long-term anti-cheat solutions but if can't give a time frame (or commitment) at this time.
Sadly cheating in public multiplayer games over the internet is a problem as old as time to which the best answer will always be "get better friends to play with" or "put everyone behind a computer that your event provides".

• 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 745769

### New checksum is 0aab

Is this really all? Then why the hell does the mod I’m making crash while creating checksum now?

Reactions:
the person behind these attacks and cheat engines has released a youtube video confessing his actions. He was one of the people that the mp community suspected and a known lobby hacker, I do hope paradox does their due diligences with steam to have this person banned from ever using the platform ever again

• 1Like
Reactions:
the person behind these attacks and cheat engines has released a youtube video confessing his actions.
Why confess? Or is this just a way of saying "I did it, look how smart I am"?

Hi my checksum is fa64 and I cannot get 0aab

Any ideas?

Be sure to have disabled all Mods. ;)

Do a Clean Reinstall:
  • Uninstall from Steam.
  • Delete Everything!
    -> C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\Hearts of Iron IV
    -> C:\Users\YourName\Documents\ParadoxInteractive\Hearts of Iron IV
    Or whereever it is.
    Backup all files you need (saves?)

• Reboot
  • Install from Steam.
Now you should have 0aab.

• 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 745769

### New checksum is 0aab

I have a problem in multiplayer, we connect with a friend, select countries and start, the one who is the host can choose research and focuses and manage divisions, but not the host cannot.
The version is the same without mods with all dls

There wont come an Patch for 1.10-Version anymore. In 2 to 2,5 Weeks we get Version 1.11. MP-Experts may help, otherwise wait the remaining Days for 1.11 and NSB-DLC.

• 1Like
Reactions: