• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Meneth

Crusader Kings 3 Programmer
153 Badges
Feb 9, 2011
www.paradoxwikis.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia

As you may know, Paradoxian has a Hearts of Iron 3 wiki. This wiki has been a great resource for much of HoI3's lifetime, but sadly it has fallen into disrepair due to registration being indefinitely closed on Paradoxian.
By now it is for the most part outdated, with most articles last updated for FTM or even earlier.
Therefore I've now created my 4th Paradox game wiki, a Hearts of Iron 3 Wiki.
I've already updated most of its pages to correct obvious spelling and formatting errors, so already it should be an improvement over Paradoxian's wiki. And since anyone can register, or even edit without register, it should now be possible to get it up to date, and keep it updated.

I hope that together we can continue what Paradoxian started, and make the wiki a great resource once more.

Last edited:
Reactions:
This is exciting. I've been frustrated by some of the outdated information on the HoI3 Wiki. :)

Very nice! Thanks on behalf on just about everyone on the forum, I think.

So how does this work? If you read something that is wrong for TFH, you can just edit it on your own? Because that baby needs a ton of work!

Last edited:
Very nice! Thanks on behalf on just about everyone on the forum, I think.

So how does this work? If you read something that is wrong for TFH, you can just edit it on your own? Because that baby needs a ton of work!
Yep. Anyone can edit, even without registering. Though if you don't register, you'll have to enter a CAPTCHA for each edit (because if not, it'd be quickly overrun by spam bots).

There's an incomplete list of outdated pages here.
Every page imported that hasn't been rewritten is listed here.

Might have a look at it in the morning. Too tired.

Meanwhile, somebody should get the scoop on Paradoxian and see if we might resuscitate.

What happened to Paradoxian?

EDIT: Seems they're having problems with spammers and have closed new account creation. Likely they'll be back up and running eventually - no need for a new Wiki.

Meanwhile, somebody should get the scoop on Paradoxian and see if we might resuscitate.
I've been trying for a few months to get in touch with the owner of Paradoxian, with no sucess so far.

What happened to Paradoxian?

EDIT: Seems they're having problems with spammers and have closed new account creation. Likely they'll be back up and running eventually - no need for a new Wiki.
They've "been having problems with spammers" for a year or two now. They're not coming back.

As you may know, Paradoxian has a Hearts of Iron 3 wiki. This wiki has been a great resource for much of HoI3's lifetime, but sadly it has fallen into disrepair due to registration being indefinitely closed on Paradoxian.
By now it is for the most part outdated, with most articles last updated for FTM or even earlier.
Therefore I've now created my 4th Paradox game wiki, a Hearts of Iron 3 Wiki.
I've already updated most of its pages to correct obvious spelling and formatting errors, so already it should be an improvement over Paradoxian's wiki. And since anyone can register, or even edit without register, it should now be possible to get it up to date, and keep it updated.

I hope that together we can continue what Paradoxian started, and make the wiki a great resource once more.

I just made an account. New Wiki looks great. I have to ask:
Did you copy some text from the old HOI3 Wiki?

I just made an account. New Wiki looks great. I have to ask:
Did you copy some text from the old HOI3 Wiki?
Every page from the Paradoxian wiki was copied over, with the exception of some namespaces and some unneeded pages.
All the pages were then run through with AutoWikiBrowser to fix a lot of formatting and spelling errors and such, and to assign the Import category. As pages are rewritten, they get removed from the category.

Good job.

I'm assuming this is now open for correction.

I just had a look at the "Division Building" section and it is out of date from a TFH point of view.

Are you looking for volunteers?

Are you/is anyone going to be policing it so that it doesn't get filled with inaccurate crap & personal opinions?

I just worry that if it's open to anyone & everyone, it's going to be a free-for-all mess.

Don't get me wrong, as I first stated, good job, I just worry is all.

Good job.

I'm assuming this is now open for correction.

I just had a look at the "Division Building" section and it is out of date from a TFH point of view.

Are you looking for volunteers?

Are you/is anyone going to be policing it so that it doesn't get filled with inaccurate crap & personal opinions?

I just worry that if it's open to anyone & everyone, it's going to be a free-for-all mess.

Don't get me wrong, as I first stated, good job, I just worry is all.
Yes, edit anything you feel you can improve upon. If you want a more specific task I can probably come up with something though.
I go through every single edit made, and revert any vandalism and such, and improve upon anything that just isn't quite up to the wiki's standards. I get notified by email about every single change within a minute or so of them happening, so things get checked pretty quickly.

Yes, edit anything you feel you can improve upon. If you want a more specific task I can probably come up with something though.
I go through every single edit made, and revert any vandalism and such, and improve upon anything that just isn't quite up to the wiki's standards. I get notified by email about every single change within a minute or so of them happening, so things get checked pretty quickly.

Seems like a lot of work. I'll help in any multiplayer section.

The version template has now been simplified to correspond with my other wikis. This should make them easier to use, and make maintaining the wiki simpler.
The formatting change has been applied to all pages with a version template assigned. Now, rather than listing a patch version for each expansion, just the latest expansion it is up to date for is listed.
Any page with a version template that is not up to date for Their Finest Hour is listed here. Any help with getting them up to date would be much appreciated.

yeah, I had a quick peek at the Beginner's pages earlier. :blush:

This will be a mountain of work.

I will register and help out, but I can't promise to be regular about it. I have work, RL, my interviews, a new AAR starting soon,...

yeah, I had a quick peek at the Beginner's pages earlier. :blush:

This will be a mountain of work.

I will register and help out, but I can't promise to be regular about it. I have work, RL, my interviews, a new AAR starting soon,...
Any help is appreciated, no matter how major or minor :)

Ive tried to create an account. My problem s identifying the cat. Click on cat pic then click adopt me, most seem to be not available, but even if they are what am I supposed to do