• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Meneth: I've completed the logistics reference and marked it current. I'll probably take a look at the logistics strategy, but hopefully Katie has worked on this. If so, there won't be much to do.

I'm having trouble with how those blasted text boxes work; specifically, I can't see where the text in the title portion comes from. Seeing, and placing, the actual text became apparent to me after some messing around, but the title portion may well have been placed there by the gods!

On a secondary note: wouldn't it be better to just describe decisions and events? I can't see how adding the actual script (lua) is going to help do more than confuse most people. Wouldn't it be better to pull all those decisions and events into a coherent whole?
Yeah, I'm not sure why Paradoxian even put the script on there. I assume they had a script to do it though.
Hell, for the most part there's no real reason to have separate pages for individual decisions.

The wikis will be moved over to a better server tonight.
This may cause some downtime, in which case you have my apologies. The move should be entirely finished within a few hours of starting though, so the worst case scenario is a few hours of downtime.

Alright, I think I've put all the relevant information to the NatChi country guide.

Anyone want to play a game of "this wiki page is ugly and I know how to touch it up" before I copy it live? ;p
I'll take a look at it and move it over.

Oh, no, I just noticed that nearly all the changes I made to that page (including the tables) to fix the hull value have disappeared!!
That's due to the server move. Your changes probably got saved to the old server, which now no longer exists as such.
The issue should be gone now.

Since we are updating the wiki for TFH, shouldn't we stop including info concerning FTM and before in the TFH version? We can strip out entire parts for newer data, plus we could also begin removing links to outdated threads. An example of old info would be in the land combat reference where it mentions the defensiveness/toughness "flaw." Is that really needed? I've already done a little bit of this, but don't want to go "whole hog" on it without input.
I agree but think some allowance for earlier versions should be made, as from reading the forum posts, it is clear that people are still using older versions of the game.
In some cases it might be worth mentioning briefly how it used to work, but the main focus should definitely be TFH.

corrected: Spend IC on consumer goods do not generate money.
Thanks.

Guys I don't know where to ask:
How can I calculate the basic statistics for each year for every type of unit? (Like this one: http://hoi3wiki.com/Armour_statistics)
I saw these pages aren't accurate and I'd like to try to bring them up to date just don't know how exactly the IC and time numbers are calculated.
I'm afraid I don't actually know how those were calculated, sorry.

I want to translate wiki to Turkish, what do you think?
Feel free to do so on a site of your own; all text on the wiki is available under CC 3.0 BY-NC-SA.
It won't be hosted on hoi3wiki.com though, as I have no way to ensure quality in other languages.

I feel like everything is still outdated. Is this wiki dead now too?
Not a lot of editors, sadly.
But at least people can edit the wiki. It seems the HoI3 community is too small to provide up to date info though; the EU3 Wiki gets similar traffic to the HoI3 Wiki despite EU4 being out.

Well, at least for me it's the markup language. It maybe easy for total newbies, but for people fluent in (X)HTML/CSS and (La)TeX it's simply a horrible concept.
Is there any usable HTML/TeX-->MediaWiki converter, or at least a offline WYSIWYG editor?
Can't say I know of anything of the sort, but a bit of googling will probably yield some useful results.