• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks interesting. And is it only for me that all pictures not shown properly and instead red "X"is shown?

I have fixed it by adding link to the pictures in the 'left' 'right' and 'link' texts. :)

About the Tiger I, yes there were few Tiger I in Africa, but the few that were there were used in North-Africa to a great effect. The point is that how the Afrika Korps works is that any other unit than the 4 Afrika Korps units (Infantry/Mot Inf/Mech Inf and Armour) will suck in N-Africa. So if the player wants to send a heavy armour brigade to Africa, it will be ineffective. While historically they weren't.
Yes, the 164. and 90. Divisions were differently equiped, but as it is now. You can only make divisions consisting out 4 types of brigades, were of 3 brigades are of the same class.

You argument that those division were composed different is true, but also were the few panzer-divisions... So why is the Afrika Korps Armour abstracted, but the infantery exists out of 3 infantry types. Instead of one abstracted infantry brigade?

I fail to see why it matters that they were send to Lybia or Tunisia, For me both are in North-Africa....

Tigers were not sent in any significant quantity to North Africa. Only 1st komp. Schwere Panzer-Abteilung 501 was sent to North Africa, and it only arrived after the Operation Torch landings http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=2159 . They were used in too few numbers to be considered "effective" and in too few numbers to be properly represented. I respect Devildread/Danevang's approach for these reasons.

My comment that they were sent to Tunisia instead of Libya was simply to point out they weren't there for the bulk of the fighting in NA, were in quite different terrain compared to open desert (Tunisia is very mountainous, whereas Libya isn't) and were only sent there when the battle was all but over.

The panzer divisions contain infantry too, you know? Since 2 of the 3 infantry brigades are mobile (one motorized and one mechanized) I fail to see why you won't be able to model any differences you feel there are between the armored units in NA. We need AK support units (ACs, AT, some sort of motorized art) more than we need Heavy Tank brigades in any event.

Last edited:
Tigers were not sent in any significant quantity to North Africa. Only 1st komp. Schwere Panzer-Abteilung 501 was sent to North Africa, and it only arrived after the Operation Torch landings http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=2159 . They were used in too few numbers to be considered "effective" and in too few numbers to be properly represented. I respect Devildread/Danevang's approach for these reasons.

My comment that they were sent to Tunisia instead of Libya was simply to point out they weren't there for the bulk of the fighting in NA, and were only sent there when the battle was all but over.

The panzer divisions contain infantry too, you know? Since 2 of the 3 infantry brigades are mobile (one motorized and one mechanized) I fail to see why you won't be able to model any differences you feel there are between the armored units in NA. We need AK support units (ACs, AT, some sort of motorized art) more than we need Heavy Tank brigades in any event.

I too ofcourse respect Devildread/Danevang's approach. But I am just pointing out that the player can't send them to Afrika neither as other support units, because only the 4 Afrika Korps units can operate effectively in Africa. What if I as player want a Heavy Armour brigade in Africa... I can't, because it will be useless.. while it shouldn't.

The thing that bugs me is that you can't send what you want to Afrika except the units that you can upgrade to Afrika Korps.
Danevang and Devildread are making something marvelous, It is just that of the 4 Afrika units, 3 are Infantry.
Anyway all is modable.

I really like all the events/decisions and special stuff that you are doing. But I wonder how the other Axis countries will perform. Will the Italians get any of the special gear when they fight in NA?

Also, the big question remains - Barbarosa and how you are going to handle that. Finally, will Japan be forced to DOW US or is there a chance US never enters the war?

I really like all the events/decisions and special stuff that you are doing. But I wonder how the other Axis countries will perform. Will the Italians get any of the special gear when they fight in NA?

Also, the big question remains - Barbarosa and how you are going to handle that. Finally, will Japan be forced to DOW US or is there a chance US never enters the war?

He mentions "Few words: Barbarossa, U-Boats and Reichministers." which means, hopefully, we'll find out what they've done for Barbarossa next DD. Of course we already have some hints like the Russian Railways and Winter Clothing "techs."

He mentions "Few words: Barbarossa, U-Boats and Reichministers." which means, hopefully, we'll find out what they've done for Barbarossa next DD. Of course we already have some hints like the Russian Railways and Winter Clothing "techs."

I reckon Barbarossa will have a lot of common with how ICE handles Barbarossa, which IMO is great.

About the Axis in North-Africa is a good question, how will the Italian troops handle the new Africa terrain?

I reckon Barbarossa will have a lot of common with how ICE handles Barbarossa, which IMO is great.

ICE doess a decent job but when I play Germany I always blow right through the SU troops. See the issue for me is I trap 90-95% of the Red Army and completely destroy it within the first month or so. This leaves very little to be in my way. The People's Army troops arrive at very low organization so are crushed too fast. And even building an infantry division in 7 weeks is too long because it takes another 2-4 weeks to get organization. The AI places the new units pretty close to the front and they get killed.

As I said ICE is a big improvement over vanilla but it is still too easy. And this is with the VH difficulty combat and supply hits to my units.

You are forcing me to reveal stuff, you silly people. :D

I used my experience on I.C.E. and the fact that I don't have to worry about soviet player control in order to make something really difficult but realistic. In a few words: the less units the soviet has, the faster it will build divisions and gain org (up to 7 days for an infantry division to be operational on the field, representing the eastern reinforcements that are difficult to model otherwise).

Waffen-SS didn't make it to the DLC due to several countries laws, this is a shame I agree and this is why we plan to release a SS mod with new units and special counters. I want the SS just for the black counters I have to admit. :D

Th whole project is sounding and looking good. Am pleased with the news that Black counters willl be modded

I used my experience on I.C.E. and the fact that I don't have to worry about soviet player control in order to make something really difficult but realistic. In a few words: the less units the soviet has, the faster it will build divisions and gain org (up to 7 days for an infantry division to be operational on the field, representing the eastern reinforcements that are difficult to model otherwise).

Sounds great!!

I'm sold. You can count on me to buy it.

Can you shed some light on the Spanish civil war and german involvement in China events(how are they implemented in this DLC and what effects they have),pls Devildread.

Volkssturm is implemetend via a decision to raise manpower and manpower income at the cost of global IC.
Late special units will be treated in the next Dev Diary I think. Stay tuned. ;)

Excellent, it seems this is going to be a must have! Is there going to be integration with battlescenarios at all?
I can't wait to develop the Amerika Bomber! :D

Looking very promising.

My question is, with the release of FtM being somewhat soon, wouldn't it be wise to hold the DLC to take advantage of future gameplay improvements?