• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This looks very good. I also would like to know how much it will cost.

To all: Price and release date is a decision Paradox makes, we have nothing to do with that. It shouldn't be too long before it's out, and I assume that it will cost more than the other DLCs, seeing as it's larger than them. Other than that we really don't know. :)

Last edited:
I have fixed it by adding link to the pictures in the 'left' 'right' and 'link' texts. :)

Thank you~! Still "X"box shown, but your link is effective enough to see the works. Many things (decisions-events, terrains.....) will be reorganised. Marvelous.

Hi Guys! sounds very promissing and already reserved money for the purchase :) I already bought common weapons of WWII and it's great.

1 question - will you fix annoying feature from HoI3 which is HQ spreading its units wherever? I mean in reality units under one command were kept together not mixed with other units form other HQ's. That's why for example attacks on the point between 2 units under different HQ's were quite dangerous (lack of defence co-ordination between HQ's).
Actually besides lack of separate commanding structure (and AI) for navy and air units this is in my opinion the most annoying feature (and really not realistic!) in HoI3

You are forcing me to reveal stuff, you silly people. :D

I used my experience on I.C.E. and the fact that I don't have to worry about soviet player control in order to make something really difficult but realistic. In a few words: the less units the soviet has, the faster it will build divisions and gain org (up to 7 days for an infantry division to be operational on the field, representing the eastern reinforcements that are difficult to model otherwise).

So will you implement decision - order 227 for Soviet Union? :)

1 question - will you fix annoying feature from HoI3 which is HQ spreading its units wherever? I mean in reality units under one command were kept together not mixed with other units form other HQ's. That's why for example attacks on the point between 2 units under different HQ's were quite dangerous (lack of defence co-ordination between HQ's).
Actually besides lack of separate commanding structure (and AI) for navy and air units this is in my opinion the most annoying feature (and really not realistic!) in HoI3

We can't work on the AI so no, we didn't fix that or anything related to AI.

So will you implement decision - order 227 for Soviet Union? :)

I didn't add anything specific but more like abstracted modifiers that represent all the measures taken by Soviet Union about the Great Patriotic War. As it is AI only, I added no negative modifiers and only positive ones.

Can you shed some light on the Spanish civil war and german involvement in China events(how are they implemented in this DLC and what effects they have),pls Devildread.

In short:
- You can send Legion Condor to Spain while Italy and Soviet can send actual army. France and British can send troops if they have enough popularity within their country but this is not likely to happen. I'll detail the conditions later in another DD I think. If the Nationalists win the war, you get Legion Condor back (a light tank, a cas and an interceptor with high xp). You'll get as well the division azul against Soviet Union.

- You have the opportunity to support China firstly via the Sino-German agreement (send tanks and weapons), then by not allying with Japan (refuse the anti-comintern pact), then by sending more troops and supplies to China after the Sino-Jap war starts. If you are kind enough with China you will get a decision leading to a China entry in the Axis and a German declaration of war against Japan (if you don't want to declare war against Japan you can choose the traditionnal diplomacy path and wait for China being close enough in the triangle). The only way China can win is to be helped with planes you send either as exp forces or human controlled.

China in October 38 without any help from Germany.

China in October 38 after the maximum help Germany could send (you can see with the icon under the flag that China can enter the axis).

Unrelated pic:

There are 3 informations in this screens. Obviously the event but if you look well enough you can see 2 other things that are not in Vanilla. ;)

Last edited:
...if not, Soviet will ask in late August.
USSR has often been charged with playing a double game in 1939: carrying on open negotiations for an alliance with Britain and France while secretly considering propositions from Germany.
wiki
So, IRL, Molotov-Ribbentrop pact became an option only after Allies/Soviets negotiations failed. Question is, if you want to make Soviets a bigger threat for Germany, why not write a proper representations for Allies/Soviets negotiations ? Otherwise it feels really weird, that they are doomed to fail every game.

Last edited:
So, IRL, Molotov-Ribbentrop pact became an option only after Allies/Soviets negotiations failed. Question is, if you want to make Soviets a bigger threat for Germany, why not write a proper representations for Allies/Soviets negotiations ?

This is abstractly represented if you refuse the pact, Soviet have chances to come to "rescue" France. :)

This is abstractly represented if you refuse the pact, Soviet have chances to come to "rescue" France. :)
Oh well, okay :) Thanks for answering, actually ! :)
But hey i suddenly remembered there was a Russo-Czechoslovak Mutual Assistance Pact signed in 1935 wich is also, not represented. Soviets didnt mind "rescuing" Czechoslovak too, given the chanse. Mind commenting this too ?

Last edited:
Is that a modified version of my Operation Lila event from ICE? If so, awesome!

Not really, I made it very simple as you can see. You have x% chances of unlocking one of two OOBs or nothing.
I never use someone else work without his consent. For instance the only thing I took that is not 100% from me is the fate of CZE events that Slan generously let me inspire from HPP (mostly the ai chance and modifiers concepts).

Oh well, okay :) Thanks for answering, actually ! :)
But hey i suddenly remembered there was a Russo-Czechoslovak Mutual Assistance Pact signed in 1935 wich is also, not represented. Soviets didnt mind "rescuing" Czechoslovak too, given the chanse. Mind commenting this too ?

I wasn't aware of this pact, but all this will be very interesting if Paradox let us make a "Dies Irae: Soviet". :)

To all: Price and release date is a decision Paradox makes, we have nothing to do with that. It shouldn't be too long before it's out, and I assume that it will cost more than FTM, seeing as it's larger than the other DLCs. Other than that we really don't know. :)

more than For the motherland?? ftm, as paradox say, it's an expansion. so this great dlc could cost more than 20€?

more than For the motherland?? ftm, as paradox say, it's an expansion. so this great dlc could cost more than 20€?

I think Danevang made a mistake and was talking about the other DLCs. ^^
I am sure Dies Irae will cost less than 10€ but as we said we have no information about it so your guess is worthy as mine.

This is on Paradox hands, and everyone knows that Paradox works in mysterious ways.

In french we say: "les voies du seigneur sont impénétrables", as "we human can't understand the Lord's plans". ^^

China in October 38 without any help from Germany.

China in October 38 after the maximum help Germany could send (you can see with the icon under the flag that China can enter the axis).
This is so cool and let's you try the game both ways. So historical or ahistorical. Wonder what heppens to Japan if China goes Axis.

There are 3 informations in this screens. Obviously the event but if you look well enough you can see 2 other things that are not in Vanilla. ;)

Outside of Germany having zero oil and fuel and little money I'm not sure what is going on. I did notice that Norway was left alone plus the Tobruk HQ but that was already covered.

Haha the fuel and money are my bad player habits, I can't control myself I NEED to have heavy tanks divisions. :D

Nope, there is something else to spot.