• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

soulking

Lt. General
8 Badges
Dec 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
Hamburg, West Germany
Hamburg Field Hospital
July 11th 1946

Herr Doktor! There is an emergency!” shouted one of the nurses.

“What is the problem?” replied Dr. Erich Rotstien as he hurried to follow the rushing nurse. “There is a soldier that was sitting in the waiting room, then all of a sudden, he started to convulse.” The nurse continued to describe the events that happened to the soldier as they were racing to the now laying-on-floor patient.

Ja, I see” said Erich, “Quickly, someone get a stretcher!” an orderly raced to get what the doctor instructed. As he tried to stabilize the soldier, thoughts raced into his mind. Remember, check his pulse…ok it’s really fast, face is sweaty…a new virus? No it can’t be, but it might…we may need to quarantine him.

The orderly returned with the requested item. “Now, when we lift him onto the stretcher, take him to an isolated room. Now, on the count of Drei, Eins, Zwei, Drei!” The doctor with the assistance of two orderlies lifted the man onto the stretcher and they proceed to take him to a medically equipped isolation room.

The last thing he remembers of the soldier was his name, Private Austin Malloy, Royal Australian Army.

hamburg-bomb-devast_686598c.jpg

Some buildings standing in Hamburg after the War ended in Europe on December 3rd 1944

* I'll post a World Map so you can see the difference in this Post-War Europe

Last edited:
Intriguing.
Subscribed.

Manila, Allied Occupied Philippines
Outside Forty Santiago
August 2nd, 1944

Dear Mother,

How are you? I hope you’re doing fine. What about dad? Is he still mad at the prank I played on him the day before I left? What about Sis? I heard she got stationed somewhere near the French-German border. We don’t get a lot of mail to one another because we’re half way across the world from each other. If you do get a chance to write to her, tell her I love her.

Mother, like I told you before, our division landed Clark’s Field around a month ago. The Japs weren’t prepared for us and we were able to storm and secure the region. Near the end of July, we had control over the Pilipino capital of Manila. It was a really hard battle, lasted for almost a week, the enemy was fighting like caged tigers, to the death. In the end, our intel suggested that the enemy forces in Manila numbered around 25,000 against our 30,000 troops. After the battle, we only captured 473 of them, seemed that the rest either shot themselves or something like that.

Its…really shocking. They would die rather than to be captured. Sometimes, I mistake them for wild animals instead of humans just like you and me Ma.

Well Ma, we’re gonna be resting in Manila for a week before we are sent into China I think. As part of the American invasion, us Australians and the Brits are gonna link up with them in the South.

Love, Malloy

aus2.png

Invasion of the Philippines lasted from July to August which destroyed the 25,000 Japanese soldiers stationed there

*I got the date wrong Blue is the Front in August while Black is the Front by July

Interesting indeed!

British Occupied Guangzhou
Near the Frontlines
October 10th 1944

Dear Mother,

We landed in Southern China on August 17th , a week after another Australian division liberated the city of Hong Kong. The battle for the Xiamen was difficult. Like in the Battle for Manila, the Japs fought to the death, all for their ‘Immortal’ Emperor. I really don’t understand why they would do that…crazy bastards they are.

Well, after securing Xiamen, our division was Chao’an, a province north of Xiamen. It was defended by one Jap division that was low on supplies. Our forces were fully equipped, with Air assistance from the Americans. Well, when we were liberating the Chao’an countryside, the civilians in the region that didn’t leave came out…and welcomed us with open arms.

God mom, I haven’t seen this appreciation in…well, years. When we liberated Manila, there was around 100-200 civilians, but in Chao’an, there was almost 1,000 that came out to celebrate! They came with flowers and kiss from both the girls and men. Some of the men were given food and such, one was given a bowl of noodles with these two sticks, chopstick I think and, god it was hilarious.

The guy tried to use the chopsticks, but he couldn’t make it to work. The others and I, with some of the populace started to laugh at him, till he decided he’ll give up and used his hands. Oh, we had so much laughs, but we only stated there for two days before going to the frontlines. I’m not sure when I’ll write again, maybe a couple weeks from now.

Love, Malloy

aus1.png

4 Australian Divisions landed in Xiamen around a week after Liberating the Philippines

So, what do people think about this AAR?

Good? Bad? Lolztehroflcopterflyz?

I love the information you have on the screen shots, and the writing style is very good. My only advice, the letter sounded a bit formal if it was too a family member. Overall, it is looking very good.

American Occupied Hainan
Temporary Barracks in Haikou
December 1st 1944

Mom,

Hello mom, how are you? Well, let me tell you what happened this month. After we landed in Xiamen, our division started to move westward towards the remaining Jap holdout in Northern Indo-China. It was a two way attack, my division, along with other British and 3 American divisions attacked westward while 10 Allied divisions attacked along the south of Indo-China.

The fighting was beginning to be less brutal in terms of getting shot, but they still did their crazed charges during the nights, yelling “BANZAI!!!!”. Scared the hell out of me, more than the time I found out what dad placed inside the Apple Pie he made. The nights during in the front were a constant battle with the mind, while it wanted to stay awake, my body wanted to sleep.

By November, our forces were unstoppable; we linked up with the Americans in Hainan and were able to continue while Australian Marines landed in the ancient city of Hanoi. That, I think was the final straw for the Japs in the stronghold. On November 19th, they surrendered to American General MacArthur. During the ceasefire signing, there were 2 Australian Generals there! Our nation was given a signature in the signing!

Mom, after this, I think I’ll be coming home for a few months! I hope to meet you soon.

Love, Malloy

aus3.png

Australian troops were the leading force in the Hanoi Landings which crippled Japanese morale in North Vietnam

I love the information you have on the screen shots, and the writing style is very good. My only advice, the letter sounded a bit formal if it was too a family member. Overall, it is looking very good.

Thanks for the feedback

I hope this update might be less formal

Thanks for the feedback

I hope this update might be less formal

It sounded more natural if it were to a family member - which is good.

Good AAR so far. I look forward to reading more.

Dresden, West Germany
Near Czech Border
July 1st 1946

“Same boring patrol,” said Private Hans Kobel to his partner, “nothing happens here. The Czechs aren’t going to come over and attack. Gott! We could be back in Dresden and be enjoying the day, but nein we just had to do a patrol!”

“No point in arguing,” said Private Sasha Oppel, Hans’s fellow MP. “Let’s just finish this damn walk as fast as possible and return to base. No need to waste anymore time. Hey, how’s Gredal? Is she -”

“Quiet!” interrupted Hans, “do you hear that?”

Private Sasha listened attentively, and then began to hear the sound. “Sounds like-”

“Plane engines…Mein Gott…” finished Hans and he stared in disbelief at the sky.

The last thing the two saw were the roundels of the Red Airforce before being burned by an explosion of fire.

aus4.png

The European Front before the Third World War

aus5.png

The Far Eastern Front before the Third World War

If only Hanoi Indochina has Australian colors like Xiamen... :)

Hannover, West Germany
Converted Temp. Frontline HQ
June 11th 1946

West German Chief of Army General Oskar Hansen wasn’t pleased at all. No, he was beyond pleased. He was furious. He couldn’t believe that just 10 days, the Soviets would have advance so far. Nearly encircling the city of Hamburg and cutting West Germany into two.

Now he was in charge of creating a defence plan to defend the rest of Germany.

“If we are to deploy these divisions of infantry over to here,” started General Hansen as he pointed to the map, “with the troops to the north using the Elbe as a defensive line, we should be able to hold out until the French and British arrive.”

Herr General, though that is a good plan…what about Munich? The city is nearly encircled and I fear that we will not have enough troops to defend it.” said the garrison commander of Hannover.

“…I know…It is a hard decision, but we will have to order the soldiers to hold out in Munich as long as possible…tell the commander of the Munich to hold out at all costs. Unless the city falls to the Russians, I expect that they will fight! If they hold out long enough, we may be able to Stalingrad them.” Replied the General.

“Very well Herr General.” Answered the Hannover Commander, “I will inform that commander of the order.”

“Now, inform the President that if our line breaks, I have ordered for a general retreat towards the river Rhine. We will make our last stand from the coal mines of the Saar, to the capital of Cologne, from hills of Dusseldorf to the border fortress city of Achen, Germany will remain free of Soviet domination!” said the General

aus7.png

Czech soldiers march into West Germany, full in revenge for the Sudetenland Crisis of 1938

aus6.png

Soviet solders start their trek through Manchuria while both Mongolia and Communist Korea suffer loss of territory

Last edited:
Canberra, Australia
Australian Parliament Building
June 20th 1946

Henry, Duke of Gloucester was in a meeting with the members of the Australian War Cabinet, an organisation created during the outbreak of the Second World War that occurred just 2 years prior. As he was being informed of the Australian division sent to Korea, an aide came into the tense meeting and handed the Governor General a slip of paper.

After reading it, his face began to pale as the other ministers stared in silence. That, was broken by Chief of the Australian Army, General John Lavarack, who said “Mr. Governor, what does the slip say?”

After a couple of minutes of silence, the Governor General recollected himself and started to speak in a tense, but uncertain tone. “The slip, General Lavarack, says that 2 days ago, on June 18th, an Australian Private severely injured a Dr. Erich Rotstien via biting him. The MP’s present fired 2 shots, which killed said Private. However…,” the Governor General paused, uncertain whether to continue or not.

“However, that Private…apparently rose again, suffering two fatal shots and bit the other MP’s. The Hospital that that Private was in went to a Code Red. Yesterday, the whole of the city of Hamburg, nearly 1 million went silent. As of today, they have no reason to know what happened…” finished the Governor General.

All those present reacted in nearly the same, shocked. It was Robert Parkhill, Minister of Security that broke this new silence. “Whatever has happened to Hamburg…we can all agree to not releasing this. Nothing related to this must be leaked. As well, I believe that it would be wise for Page to determine more of this…strange occurrence.” said Parkhill.

The Governor General spoke. “I will try to get in touch with the Prime Minister. However, for now, Mr. Page, as Mr. Parkhill suggested, try to get more information about this. As well, gentlemen, nothing of this meeting will be spoken of…”

aus8.png

The city of Hamburg went silent on June 19th 1946

aus9.png

The Australian Government, as with many Allied Governments were also confused

* Updates starting from this are not part of the backstory

Wonderful turn of the story.

lol, this remenbers me of the last war scenario on mod 34 :D