HBS Dev Diary #14: The Nuts & Bolts of Heavy Metal (Part 2)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
but each beam can apply the PPC’s Sensors Impaired debuff

Hmm . . . now the question is, does the debuff stack? I've never noticed it stacking before but then I wasn't really looking for it. I always thought it didn't . . . .

Edit: You'd think I'd learn by now to read to the end of the thread before asking a question. :: sigh ::
Looks like Sensor Impairment stacking is a thing . . .

Hmm . . . now the question is, does the debuff stack? I've never noticed it stacking before but then I wasn't really looking for it. I always thought it didn't . . . .

Edit: You'd think I'd learn by now to read to the end of the thread before asking a question. :: sigh ::
Looks like Sensor Impairment stacking is a thing . . .
Yeah... it stacks. :bow:

Kiva 44a.png

@Prussian Havoc

Thanks PH, I never really moused over the Impairment debuff to check to see. I just assumed (i know I know) that it didn't . . .

Allowing a single Snub PPC to impart 5 stacks on a single target seems imbalanced. Could it be limited to once per target per weapon?
If not, I’m thinking about an Awesome with 3 of them and multishot to share the love when tactically appropriate.

If not, I’m thinking about an Awesome with 3 of them and multishot to share the love when tactically appropriate.
Heck, the Awesome has five energy slots, and there exists a line of +Snubs that reduces heat. Between the lower weight, lower heat, and judicious use of DHS, you could probably fill all five with Snubs! If you find yourself with spare heat capacity, the other +Snub lines increase Stability Damage and Damage respectively, for up to +10 per beam of either! For ++ Snubs, you have the option of only costing 25 heat to fire instead of the normal 35, dealing 15x5 Stability Damage, or dealing 25x5 normal Damage. A Ceres Arms PPC++ deals 50 Stability Damage. A Ceres Arms Snub++ deals up to 75! A Donal PPC++ deals 60 Damage. A Donal Snub++ deals up to 125! Magna don't even make standard PPCs, but their Snubs, while dealing only up to 75 Damage and 25 Stability, cost barely more Heat to fire than two Medium Lasers, while firing out to a third again the Optimum range, and a quarter more Extreme range! Of course, it wieghs substantially more than two Medium Lasers, but you have to have a tradeoff somewhere.

I’ve tested a single Snubnose PPC firing and it imparts only a single Debuff, even when multiple constituent sub-beams hit their target.

Any belief that up to 5 Debuffs were possible from a single firing of a single Snubnose PPC was mistaken. :bow:

As ever, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming! : )

I’ve tested a single Snubnose PPC firing and it imparts only a single Debuff, even when multiple constituent sub-beams hit their target.

Any belief that up to 5 Debuffs were possible from a single firing of a single Snubnose PPC was mistaken. :bow:

As ever, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming! : )

Oh? Hadn't it been said to be so during one of the streams (prolly the one dedicated to the new weapons)?
As intended or not, I wonder...

Oh? Hadn't it been said to be so during one of the streams (prolly the one dedicated to the new weapons)?
As intended or not, I wonder...
That was my understanding, yes.

But I’ve tested it with both a Snubnose ++PPC-toting Phoenix Hawk and then finally with last night’s Dual Snubnose ++PPC Warhammer. While the Wammy’s Breaching Shot 2x5x42’s were SHOCK and AWE-inspiring, each is sPPC only produced a single Debuff.

Anyone in a position to confirm or deny this?

How about if a stray shot hits another target, does that also get the debuff?
Ooooh! Good follow-up question!

I’ll be back in game within the hour and I’ll look for just that.

Such a stray shot did happen yesterday, I distinctly recall it... I want to say the debuff was applied to the second target, but will check it today before I confirm it, :bow:

Ooooh! Good follow-up question!

I’ll be back in game within the hour and I’ll look for just that.

Such a stray shot did happen yesterday, I distinctly recall it... I want to say the debuff was applied to the second target, but will check it today before I confirm it, :bow:
There's no reason it shouldn't apply to stray shot targets, but thanks for testing. It's always good to know for sure.

There's no reason it shouldn't apply to stray shot targets, but thanks for testing. It's always good to know for sure.
Good point. :bow:

What I have been testing (but have not seen) is a Stray Shot from the TAG Laser.

Though now that the topic has come up, I recall Ryan mentioning that the NARC Stray Shots do indeed have a chance to find themselves on a follow-on Target. The same should indeed be possible with the TAG then. Okay! More testing just to be sure. : )

I just lined up a low-probability To Hit sPPC Shot on an Assassin and sure enough, Stray Shots sprayed across the Commando and Centurion standing behind it. So one sPPC can indeed impair multiple Sensors, as long as those Sensors are on different Mechs.

Good call. :bow: