• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I was responsible for making all those cars (really any of that city detail), I'd really have to try and hold back my urge to put in an Easter Egg somewhere. Like maybe placing a certain special time traveling DeLorean somewhere :).
Or have one specific car on the map which, after it gets stepped on, reveals the crushed body of some kind of robot. A robot in disguise.

Or have one specific car on the map which, after it gets stepped on, reveals the crushed body of some kind of robot. A robot in disguise.
Transmuters, automatons incognito?
;)

220px-Joseph_Ducreux_Original_Self-Portrait.jpg

Last edited:
If I was responsible for making all those cars (really any of that city detail), I'd really have to try and hold back my urge to put in an Easter Egg somewhere. Like maybe placing a certain special time traveling DeLorean somewhere :).

You didn't see the oscillation overthruster inside the black car?

"Oh my god. They found me, I don't know how they found me. RUN FOR IT MARTY!"
"Who, who?"
"Who do you think? The Lyrans!"

You didn't see the oscillation overthruster inside the black car?

Afraid not, last I heard that was still in testing by Dr. B on New Avalon.

"Oh my god. They found me, I don't know how they found me. RUN FOR IT MARTY!"
"Who, who?"
"Who do you think? The Lyrans!"

I just had a mental image of a Lyran solider, aiming a rocker launcher, leaning out of an Atlas eye socket, and a LOL'd.

I just had a mental image of a Lyran solider, aiming a rocker launcher, leaning out of an Atlas eye socket, and a LOL'd.

"Dammit Friedrich, doing things like that is why you don't have a 'Mech anymore!"

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Dave McCoy (the author of the dev diary) with be joining us on the livestream tomorrow and will be available for your questions.

MLY

Awesome!

images.jpg

Rather off topic question i know but since you worked on Mech Commander i was wondering if you could possibly tell me the story behind the drastically different look of the centurion that is featured in Mech commander to just about every other battle tech game i've played?

its been bugging me for many many years

Rather off topic question i know but since you worked on Mech Commander i was wondering if you could possibly tell me the story behind the drastically different look of the centurion that is featured in Mech commander to just about every other battle tech game i've played?

In Mechwarrior 3: Pirates on the Moon Centurion looks exactly the same. It's an original (Unseen) look and it was in the books.
I'm way old version of Centurion is more like it.

Last edited:

The MechCommander Centi is more or less the original look. Tall, and thin. The other version you've seen is a redesign by PGI, and which is used here, and, in MWO. Anything before MWO would have used something similar to the original art.

CN-Centurion.png
mechwarrior_online_centurion_concept.jpg

In Mechwarrior 3: Pirates on the Moon Centurion looks exactly the same. It's an original (Unseen) look and it was in the books.
The old art is not unseen art. It's just old. Unseen refers to a specific group of 'mech's older art, not everything that is old.

The Centurion has never been Unseen.