• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I definitely could and I suppose we are close enough to do it. Someone would have to teach me how to edit a save though cause like I've said a few times before, I have never modded anything by myself before.
I would definitely encourage you to try! I'm excited to see what happens next in this world.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I tried getting into that book a few years back. It was a hard read. Not enough maps. Maybe I'll reread it now that I'm a bit older.
(I love that book, fwiw.)
There was a really good EU3 Mod about it, don't know if it ever got ported to EU4. It was very fun to play.

Also, modding in your scenario for EU4 won't be hard at all, but definitely time consuming. Using the clausewitz editor makes most of it a breeze though, just put on a good show on the background and work on it for a day or two :p

So I got the CK3 to EU4 converter from steam and extracted it to my computer, but now I have no idea what to do. It doesn't explain to me how to go about actually converting a CK3 save file to a EU4 mod.
View attachment 731100
Just some file folders and application extenders.

You'll just need to run ConverterFrontend in there. Then there will be the chance to pick your save and set some options. However, if a CK3 update broke your save, chances are the converter won't be able to work with it either. I'd still try, but there's been a lot of people stopping by the release thread with broken saves from CK3 updates and there's nothing that can be done. In general, I find it advisable to make a whole extra copy of any game I'm doing an AAR in to prevent game updates.

Doesn't seem to be working, some province has some culture conflict which is preventing the save from converting.
aaaaaaaaaaaaah.JPG

I think this sadly might be the end for the journey of Prydain.

Would it be worth skipping ahead to the EU segment? We’re practically in the 15th century as it is, so it wouldn’t be too great a leap – perhaps with a bit of save-editing/console work to compensate for the lost half century in between games?
I definitely could and I suppose we are close enough to do it. Someone would have to teach me how to edit a save though cause like I've said a few times before, I have never modded anything by myself before.
Fortunately we are close enough to the EU4 segment of the story so a small leap would wouldn't disrupt too much!

Reactions:
Yeah, I think this is the end for Prydain. Been spending a few hours trying to get the converter to work, but it keeps running into errors and I can't figure out how to fix them.
Prydain, not brought low by any calamities or wars but by the nonexistent testing department of Paradox.
I'm not giving up on this though and I think I have another idea that will be fun for me to play and for everyone to read. I'll try to have a more consistent update schedule that doesn't slow down each time I post.

Reactions:
That’s a shame. It was good fun while it lasted. Enjoyed seeing Cymru taking over Western Europe :D

Excited to see what you decide to work on next!

Doesn't seem to be working, some province has some culture conflict which is preventing the save from converting.
View attachment 731155

Yeah, I think this is the end for Prydain. Been spending a few hours trying to get the converter to work, but it keeps running into errors and I can't figure out how to fix them.
Prydain, not brought low by any calamities or wars but by the nonexistent testing department of Paradox.
I'm not giving up on this though and I think I have another idea that will be fun for me to play and for everyone to read. I'll try to have a more consistent update schedule that doesn't slow down each time I post.

Yeah, unfortunately that's the error breaking most people. Seemed to happen a lot with saves in 1.2 that get loaded and re-saved in 1.3, probably similar things happen when 1.4 is in the mix.

View attachment 731155
I actually managed to fix that error for myself - text edit the save game and give the counties (because county of Ter is another that will crash the conversion after Kintus) culture & religion, load the save, give control of the provinces to a neighboring character via console, save game in-game and use that save to convert.

Reactions:
I actually managed to fix that error for myself - text edit the save game and give the counties (because county of Ter is another that will crash the conversion after Kintus) culture & religion, load the save, give control of the provinces to a neighboring character via console, save game in-game and use that save to convert.
I'll have to try that for myself then. I should have time to look at it on Friday and see if the fix will work for me.

So I got a text document editor and opened it up today to try and fix the issue, but after a few lines the text just becomes a scrambled mess that I cannot decipher.
View attachment 732958
Oh, forgot to mention - first open the .ck3 file with WinRar or something, and unzip the whole thing into some folder, then edit just the gamestate file (and eventually in the end save it as blablabla.ck3 and put it into the save folder)

Oh, forgot to mention - first open the .ck3 file with WinRar or something, and unzip the whole thing into some folder, then edit just the gamestate file (and eventually in the end save it as blablabla.ck3 and put it into the save folder)
Thank you, that worked and I can see everything now. I think I found the problem counties, but now I'm at a lost on what I actually need to do to fix it. Like I said, I'm not a modder and I don't see a place to put culture and religion below c_ter.

Thank you, that worked and I can see everything now. I think I found the problem counties, but now I'm at a lost on what I actually need to do to fix it. Like I said, I'm not a modder and I don't see a place to put culture and religion below c_ter.
Well, at some point in the file there should be something like
c_ter={
development=26
development_progress=21
county_control=100
culture=4294967295
faith=4294967295
}

Replace the numbers behind culture and faith with something normal (e.g., I just copied what was listed for c_jovvkuj just below in the file, so 13 for culture and 10 for faith).

Love to see the people helping out to try and fix this issue :D

I've edited it and I think I've fixed the issue, but I can't figure out how to get it to load because it's a text document now and not a CK3 file.
Well, at some point in the file there should be something like
c_ter={
development=26
development_progress=21
county_control=100
culture=4294967295
faith=4294967295
}

Replace the numbers behind culture and faith with something normal (e.g., I just copied what was listed for c_jovvkuj just below in the file, so 13 for culture and 10 for faith).
The CK3 wiki isn't being helpful because all it says is to "load it in".

Just rename it so that its file extension is .ck3
So it's working now and it loads just fine, the blank provinces have a culture and religion now. Can't figure out how to get anyone to own it though. I tried the take title and vassals command and to even vassalize the barons, but the provinces won't transfer to any owner.