• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

InsidiousMage

Field Marshal
30 Badges
Mar 4, 2021
I'm doing an 867 Normandy game right now and I managed to spread my dynasty around in England and West Francia and went independent from West Francia. Recently a member of my dynasty become Queen of West Francia and I lost all of the renown generated by a couple of dukes and counts, which was annoying since it was more than what a single king/queen generates. All dynasty members should generate renown, especially if they are not the vassal of the dynasty head and landed members under the dynasty head should generate half the normal amount.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I agree that generating *no* renown at all if any liege is of the same dynasty is pretty harsh, especially if you control half the world and your dynasty is still stuck at +4 renown because they are all your vassals. -50% for being a vassal of another dynasty member would probably be too much though, since that is still a *lot* of renown if most of the rulers in your realm are of your dynasty (which they will be).

I would probably go with something like -75%, but *not* stack that penalty if there are multiple lieges of the same dynasty. So a king would still generate +1, a duke below that king would generate 0.5*0.25 = 0.125, and a count below that duke would generate 0.25*0.25 = 0.0625. 100 vassal counts of your dynasty would be +6.25 renown under this system, which seems reasonable.

• 3Like
Reactions:
since that is still a *lot* of renown if most of the rulers in your realm are of your dynasty (which they will be).
I'm still of kind amazed by how much this game punishes you for playing by its rules. The game basically forces you to land your dynasty members but then the only thing they do is try to take your titles and you don't even get a tiny amount of renown in return.

Reactions:
No no, the system where a dynasty that holds 9 duchies within the Roman Empire without holding the empire title is more renowned than a dynasty holding every single title within the Roman Empire down to individual baronies totally makes sense.

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I’d really like to upvote this, but full renown for vassals who aren’t under the dynasty head and half for those that are is too much. I like the suggestion of a quarter for all vassals. That’s enough to make a difference and give you the sense you’re getting something for taking care of your dynasty, but keeps the incentive to have multiple independent realms.

• 3Like
Reactions: