Has anyone figured out a way to speed this thing up?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MJF

Lt. General
9 Badges
Dec 31, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
...Short of buying a new PC? Cheat Engine doesn't seem to work.

It runs pretty fast on very fast speed!

Really even a very outdated computer could handle AoD at its' fastest speed, as could a relatively slow internet when playing online. The main speed limitation is the game engine sadly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I do not believe that buying a new pc will give a increase in game speed. I have a very good pc but the game speed is very slow at the end especially with trade and spy missions. I agree with Mr_B0narpte about game engine.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I guess, that 64-bit multithreaded engine recreation would do the job with huge reserve.

It was quite a long ago, but i remember, there was some info about optimizations made for AoD and they used to be pretty decent. Therefore i suppose there is not much space for improvements,, although there might still be some fields, where we have some ridiculously unoptimized parts of code (some procedures or functions), which aren't even considered the case...

• 2Like
Reactions:
get an SSD, aod/hoi2 uses a lot of harddisk speed as it reads a lot of the files direct from the hd

• 2Like
Reactions:
Also for later years, starting with a 1936 scenario and running it to 1946 and beyond, remove the history from the saved game file (<SaveGameName.eug>). I did a HOI/AOD History Archiver years ago and it use to be downloadable from the paradox forum. Not sure if it still works with 1.12 release. You can just open the .eug file, search for the HISTORY = {, and remove that section.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/history-cleaner.459053/post-10761146

• 1Like
Reactions: