Has anyone ever received a call to arms window that "forgot" to list the enemy's allies? (Dutch revolt specifically)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mindel

General
2 Badges
Jan 23, 2018
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I received a call to arms from my ally France, saying that they were fighting the Dutch war of independence against the Netherlands. And that was it. No other countries mentioned.

"That doesn't sound so bad", I thought as I clicked accept (I'm not familiar with the Dutch revolt event). Suddenly, half the map turned red. I checked the war window and found that 4 great powers were supporting the Dutch: England, Spain, Austria, and the Commonwealth. Plus some smaller countries.

Huh? Has anyone else encountered this? Getting a call to arms window that neglects to list enemy allies is a very unpleasant bug to deal with.

And it must definitely be a bug. I reloaded the game from a save just before the call, and this time the call listed the entire (long) list of Dutch allies. Not sure what changed. The original game session with the bugged window had been played continuously from 1444 up to the present. It seems that quitting and reloading EU4 changes something that makes the bug go away.

I received a call to arms from my ally France, saying that they were fighting the Dutch war of independence against the Netherlands. And that was it. No other countries mentioned.

"That doesn't sound so bad", I thought as I clicked accept (I'm not familiar with the Dutch revolt event). Suddenly, half the map turned red. I checked the war window and found that 4 great powers were supporting the Dutch: England, Spain, Austria, and the Commonwealth. Plus some smaller countries.

Huh? Has anyone else encountered this? Getting a call to arms window that neglects to list enemy allies is a very unpleasant bug to deal with.

And it must definitely be a bug. I reloaded the game from a save just before the call, and this time the call listed the entire (long) list of Dutch allies. Not sure what changed. The original game session with the bugged window had been played continuously from 1444 up to the present. It seems that quitting and reloading EU4 changes something that makes the bug go away.

Might be an order of operations thing? You get the CtA window before all the Netherlands support events pop for countries? But by reloading it forces the CtA window to pop AFTER the independence events? That’s my reasoning anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Might be an order of operations thing? You get the CtA window before all the Netherlands support event
s pop for countries? But by reloading it forces the CtA window to pop AFTER the independence events? That’s my reasoning anyway.

You might be right. Like I said, I'm not familiar with the scripting of the event. Do other countries get a window to offer support after the war starts, as opposed to being asked in advance and getting dragged in immediately as the war begins?

You might be right. Like I said, I'm not familiar with the scripting of the event. Do other countries get a window to offer support after the war starts, as opposed to being asked in advance and getting dragged in immediately as the war begins?

I know I’ve gotten the support independence popup AFTER the Netherlands have already broken off and declared war (usually if I’m a rival of the country the Netherlands are declaring independence from). More often than not I take a look at who I’d be up against, and most often it’s a big ol’ NOPE!