• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've offered (granted, I don't exactly have any bona fides here like the BICE or HPP teams) to help with others to just help correct the few remaining bugs (think the air and naval war, ministers not giving the correct results, etc) in the game for a final patch (basically the DH-Lite treatment) but to no avail because they don't license the engine and they don't want to be distracted by yet another project that would compete fully with HoI4 at this point.

Then it's about money. Does that imply that the HOI3 and its mods continue to keep busy an important share of the strategy players, who refuse to throw money at HOI4? Paradox would better understand that HOI3 and 4 reach different niches of strategy players, and there might be no game to bring them all on one boat. This maximizing profit at all costs approach gets the Gaming industry sick.
The price for some games with many dlcs gets unreal. Even on sale games with up to 75% discounts easily cost 70 to 180€... Sick and crazy.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'd imagine that some people who bought HoI4 were disappointed (yours truly), and others didn't have the money to buy it and so went with the cheaper option.

Eventually, someone might come along and challenge Paradox at their own game, but it might take awhile.

[ BTW - I'm really starting to hate "spell checking", when it changes what you're typing to something you REALLY don't want. ]

Great, now I'm going to spend sleepless nights wondering what got "corrected".
"Frown of the North", which was based on an early release of PU1.