• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Hannibal’s Quest
Introduction

Hannibal groggily woke up, only remember a few things from the time he became unconsciousness. He remembered a bright light, men in white suits, and whispering. Nothing useful he decided, and the only time he could look to was the future. His room was Spartan, and the plate at his desk said: ‘Office of Strategic Planning”. He decided that he must be working in the same conditions as last time, and proceeded to look around his office until a telephone rang.

“The rebels have attacked, Decatur is falling, and situation is grave.”

“Who is…”

“Artillery is targeting the command center, evacuate, evacuate.” Hannibal heard sounds of death, and artillery though the telephone.

“Oh god…” Hannibal kept listening, but the line was dead. He obviously had to get the situation under control.

As you can see, Hannibal's Journey now has a sequal. It is with RISK Beta4, witch anyone can get if the ask Yukala. The person who can guess what country I am playing will get a reward, either a Cookie, GH points or a cameo/guest star/guest writing piece.

Chesterton said:
Nice to see another Hannibal AAR. USA perhaps?

You are correct, although it is the "Republic of America" since Texas, America West and the CSA are all independent. Would you like any of the mentioned prizes ;)?

I hereby present to you
Chesterton, a GeneralHannibal cookie, for your skill at guessing.

The Cookie:

Code:
[*URL=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6313364&postcount=6][*B][*COLOR=Lime]●[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Copy that into your sig (but remove the asterisks).

lifeless: Maybe if you post a lot in this thread, or do something worth mention.

Walter Model: :confused: What do you mean?

Snake IV: Very good they are :rolleyes:.

Chesterton: Almost as good as Key Lime Pie :p.

Duke of Wellington: Should be a wee bit harder than my other AAR :D.

To all: My goal is to update this AAR once every other day, and today I finished the Limburgian AAR, so I should have free reign on this until I go back to my Arabic AAR. Speaking of which, how many updates do you think are good to have written before posting again (I have 4 already, hopefully will have 6).

GeneralHannibal said:
Speaking of which, how many updates do you think are good to have written before posting again (I have 4 already, hopefully will have 6).
My philosofy says "all", but as you have already posted the thread that is less good now. Otherwise it pretty much depends on how many updates you plan to make.

Snake IV said:
My philosophy says "all", but as you have already posted the thread that is less good now. Otherwise it pretty much depends on how many updates you plan to make.

You think I should write all of my updates first? Wow you have a different philosophy than me. Do you think 8-12 updates is good, as that is about a month's worth of updates?

Tribolute said:
You post all that you could be arsed to. If you know you can't be arsed for a few days you stretch it over those days. :D

Sounds good.

Chapter 1

screensave0ul6.png

Map at the beginning of the war.

“Patton?”

“Yes, sir”

“I need your two armored divisions to swing around the southern coast, sweeping down until you reach Charleston. You’ll then wait for MacArthur's marine reinforcements until you advance farther.”

“Should I attack the inland forces?”

“Not at this point, all you need to do is keep your supply line intact.”

“Hodges should be able to protect the land supply lines, and if that doesn’t work you’ll be supplied by sea.”

“You’ll be under the overall command of Field Marshall Bradley, so obey his orders if I can’t send you orders.”

“Bradley?”

“Yes”

“It is a necessity that you leave Fayetteville and Colombia in enemy hands. No matter what, you can’t attack there; we need to surround and destroy the bulk of their armies as fast as we can to get a favorable peace.”

“Why?”

“We want this operation to go quickly to show the Southerners that they should fool with us. I don’t want Quebec to get any ideas about attacking up north while we are fighting down here. That would leave us in grave danger.”

“What about operations in the West by the Mississippi front?”

“Those men don’t have the numbers to capture all of Missouri. Hopefully we’ll be able to hold on, but as long as we hold at the Great Lakes and Iowa than we should be in fine shape.”

“Is there anything else?”

“No, you are dismissed.”

-March 22, 1930

screensave4sr8.png

The plan; Blue is attacks by the armored forces, Red by local forces and Light blue by infantry.​

Chesterton said:
The coastal advance seems like a fine plan.

I see that the date is 1930, is this just background or does the Risk mod start early?
It starts in 1930 and goes till...I don't know 1950? 55? 60?