• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

adfs

Captain
11 Badges
Sep 20, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
i ran serveral hand-off games
start 36gc with cuba, nofog, when 195x->196x, the game very laggy at daily 23:00->0:00, about 4s, whatever speed set to normal or extremely fast. but other time (0:00->23:00) seems normal, not very slow and no lag.
i know many data deal at 0:00, but the lag time seems too long.

other problem is when i quit game at late game, always get CTD, the end screen show and get CTD.

dh 1.01b1 with darkest hour full

hope the info helps.:)

It is normal for the game to become slower after 20+ game years, especially if there are many big countries in war.
Usually if you save and reload such late game it will run faster then before, but surely not as fast as in 1936-1939.

Not much I can do about the crash on scenario exit after very long game sessions as this bug is hard to reproduce (I mean it requires the game to be "played" for many game years), but luckily it is no so critical either, as players do not lose their current game status.

thank you for your reply.

will dh devs still put time on optimization? are there still have rooms for speed improvement?

i agree that quit ctd is low priority.

I'm optimizing every line of code I'm working on (a "bad" habit from the times when i486DX 66MHz was a high-end PC and Assembler was very cool :rofl:), so usually every fix or feature in Darkest Hour comes with an optimization of some kind. Most are very samll to be noted at all, but when you add them all together... Well you can see what is DH compared to Armageddon in regard to performance. ;)

I'm optimizing every line of code I'm working on (a "bad" habit from the times when i486DX 66MHz was a high-end PC and Assembler was very cool :rofl:), so usually every fix or feature in Darkest Hour comes with an optimization of some kind. Most are very samll to be noted at all, but when you add them all together... Well you can see what is DH compared to Armageddon in regard to performance. ;)

great work!