• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

klopkr

Chief suggester at the suggestion factory
107 Badges
Aug 12, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
THIS MOD IS DEAD

I don't know if it works with the latest patch so use it at your own risk.

At the request of JBlak and with the help of Rags17 I have made a mini mod to add Han culture to ck2 and changed one of the silk road events to spawn a Han character.

Ef8bvPM.jpg

Download: v1.00

FAQ:
Q: What does this mod do?
A: It adds the Han culture, Chinese culture group and changes the culture of a character spawned by a Horse Lords event.

Q: Do I need dlc?
A: Yes the Han cultured character won't spawn without Horse Lords and you can't make your own character Han without the Ruler Designer DLC. The mod will function without these DLC but is useless.

Q: What Patch does this mod work with?
A: The latest Horse Lords patch. It is fairly future proof but I'll try to update it if it stops working. It does not work on any pre Horse Lords patches.

Q: What languages does this mod offer localization for?
A: English and French

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thanks for that, although I didn't really do anything except say that it could be done.

Call me the "Creative Director !" :D

Last edited:
You even put me in the credits!

*tears up a little*
You're welcome.

*takes greedily*

Thank you for this! What colour is the Han culture by the way? - it looks like it will be green?
Yes it's greenish. I didn't really put much thought into the colour other than making it something different. Is there a better colour for them?

Is there a better colour for them?

I don't think there is a better colour as such, I just find the colour associations interesting - like England is always red, france is blue, germany grey - when you say Han Chinese a golden brown springs to mind for me, not sure why. Now if this was a three kingdoms mod and the Wei/Wu/Shu colours were mixed up, then I'd stamp my feet.

Thought I'd share with you how far I've got. I created the last known Protector General Guo Xi. Its 792, the last year that any chinese records can be found in the ruins (Tibet captured the region in 790, but it seems that the 'capital' held out for another two years). So in this version of history, the Tibetans invaded elsewhere, likely the Hexi corridor, blocking off all contact with the Tang. This start is the most fun I've had in CK, ever.

zUe4HJz.jpg

Slightly off topic, but how hard is it to mod the c_ d_ k_ titles?

I don't think there is a better colour as such, I just find the colour associations interesting - like England is always red, france is blue, germany grey - when you say Han Chinese a golden brown springs to mind for me, not sure why. Now if this was a three kingdoms mod and the Wei/Wu/Shu colours were mixed up, then I'd stamp my feet.

Thought I'd share with you how far I've got. I created the last known Protector General Guo Xi. Its 792, the last year that any chinese records can be found in the ruins (Tibet captured the region in 790, but it seems that the 'capital' held out for another two years). So in this version of history, the Tibetans invaded elsewhere, likely the Hexi corridor, blocking off all contact with the Tang. This start is the most fun I've had in CK, ever.

zUe4HJz.jpg

Slightly off topic, but how hard is it to mod the c_ d_ k_ titles?

You mean adding new ones? If so just edit landed_titles.txt file in common/landed titles folder (or something like that).

If you just want to edit just open history/title folder and search the title you want to edit.

Thank you, I'll give it a whirl.

e: Ah wait no, I mean the name of the ranks - like how English Counts are Earls.
That's in the localisation folder.

Reactions:
Thank you, I'll give it a whirl.

e: Ah wait no, I mean the name of the ranks - like how English Counts are Earls.

Still easy - there is a variable you can set in the Culture defines that makes Dukes called Kings etc. If you wanted to define a new titular title then it's easy.

What are you actually looking to do ?

Reactions:
To change the titles depending on culture, so this new Han culture holds, say a duke level title, it says "Governor Xin" instead of "Duke Xin".

I am googling (and have successfully changed!) something else, thought I'd get a head start on this question.

e: I've got it! Thank's for the help!

Last edited:
To change the titles depending on culture, so this new Han culture holds, say a duke level title, it says "Governor Xin" instead of "Duke Xin".

I am googling (and have successfully changed!) something else, thought I'd get a head start on this question.

e: I've got it! Thank's for the help!

Add in any file in the localisation folder the folowing lines:

Code:
baron_han;XXXX
count_han;XXXX
duke_han;Governor;Governor;Governor;;Gobernador;;;;;;x;;
king_han;XXXX
emperor_han;XXXX

barony_of_han;XXXX
county_of_han;XXXX
duke_of_han;Province of;Province of;Province of;;Província de;;;;;;x;;
king_of_han;XXXX
emperor_of_han;XXXX

Just replace XXXX with the names you want to use in English, French, German and Spanish (don't need to be in the those languages, you just need these 4 entries). I've used Duke-level as an example.

Reactions:
Give them new portraits and upload to steam would be brilliant.
Unfortunately I'm not a portrait modder so I probably won't add any new ones. If there is a portrait pack you want to use with my new culture though it shouldn't be too much harder than changing it in the cultures.txt. I likely will add this to steam eventually.

Just replace XXXX with the names you want to use in English, French, German and Spanish (don't need to be in the those languages, you just need these 4 entries). I've used Duke-level as an example.

Oh that's what the two other languages are. This mod is not currently compatible with them technically since I didn't translate Chinese to German or Spanish.

There's a few more tiny tweaks I have in mind. We'll see how it goes.

Thankyou! I managed to get there in the end.

There's a few more tiny tweaks I have in mind.

One that I did was change: "dynasty_title_names = no". Its a bit of a tricky one, and would only apply to the highest title in certain circumstances.

Give them new portraits and upload to steam would be brilliant.

I'm not too fussed about this actually - one of the appeals of starting in Anxi is that you're playing a military outpost in isolation from the Empire, so taking on some of the local customs over the generations is to be expected. I am modding in some turkish retainers though, as the majority of the army stationed there were turks, and it started the turkification of the basin rather than the sinosiation.

One that I did was change: "dynasty_title_names = no". Its a bit of a tricky one, and would only apply to the highest title in certain circumstances.

Yeah I was thinking this too. I mean on the highest level they would probably use dynasty names... but I don't like seeing my Anxi become Chin or something like that.

Nice! Have you maybe also thought of including Tibetans as possible event-spawned courtiers?

I'd need another name list for that and a good idea for an event. I'm not a very good event modder, my specialty is more cultures.