• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

UthyrPendragon

Sergeant
83 Badges
Aug 22, 2021
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Does the feed free city to make them lose emperor protection technique expire? I use promise land to coax hamburg into attacking luneburg they occupied province luneburg and in the peace deal they didnt want it, same thing happened with bremen, when I tried to feed hamburg to verden, they dont want it either, are free cities just hot potatoes right now or are there factors pertaining whether ai take land?

Is there a surefire way to feed free city and cause them to lose special status? Or just simply how to attack free city without too much ae penalty, every time I try to co-be free city the emperor got dragged in
Because of the ae cost? You didn't co belig the free city im guessing and the ai hasnt started improving relations, like they would if they started the war with the goal of conquering the free city

If they border you or one of your allies, you could get 100% war score against them and force them to take a province. Then, they lose their Free City status and you can annex them later for less AE. Of course, you do need to fight them first to do that, so it may not be worth it.

Is there a surefire way to feed free city and cause them to lose special status? Or just simply how to attack free city without too much ae penalty, every time I try to co-be free city the emperor got dragged in
Co belig will always bring in emperor, and when emperor you lose stab if you declare on free cities. You could become emperor and use 5 IA to remove their free city status

Co belig will always bring in emperor, and when emperor you lose stab if you declare on free cities. You could become emperor and use 5 IA to remove their free city status
I recall it giving a CTA, but not necessarily one the emperor would accept if the emperor were in bad enough shape. Am I misremembering that?

Technically yeah it is a cta, but ai needs 1.30 levels of debt to refuse the cta no matter how easily the player will roll over the free city and the emperor
Yeah, that or brief "occupied and besieged provinces" windows. Sometimes it's in war with Ottomans and they're pitching a tent on Vienna/other emperor's cap.

Free cities give huge AE regardless, I usually just ignore them until dismantling, or if you're doing emperor plays there's no point getting rid of them.