• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
WiSK said:
For it to work out smoothly IMHO, we've got to have one person with an objective viewpoint (and some patience) redoing the map one piece at a time. Each change should be discussed in the regional thread and map changes submitted along with the corresponding adjustments to the db and event files.
But beyond this, the emphasis falls to those who can edit, and their resolve to serve AGCEEP, and not the rest of the masses. ;) :D
Garbon said:
But yeah the concerns you raise are why I feel that there will ultimately be a split in the map for the vanilla and for the AGCEEP.../why shouldn't there be as we apparently have different aims/ideas?
ribbon22 said:
It'd be ideal to make a custom map for AGCEEP, but that really depends on some dedicated AGCEEPers
Mad King James said:
I've been working already for some time.

Mind you, I haven't asked anyone's opinion on anything
exactly.

I agree with Twoflower - Europe will need some provinces for sure. Heck dare I say that France could could use a couple.

My prediction regarding the Vanilla map effort is based on the larger number of people interested in modding it, compared to those interested in odding for AGCEEP alone. AGCEEP may be forced to wait until Vanilla's is more or less completed, and then make our specifc changes then. In this scenario, we'd choose our point of departure carefully.

To handle this discussion I think we should get a number of new threads:
New map: North America
New map: South America
New map: Africa
New map: Japan
New map: China
New map: Europe
New map: India

...and a few more I guess. It would be good if the result of the discussions were summarized in the first post.

ribbon22 said:
My prediction regarding the Vanilla map effort is based on the larger number of people interested in modding it, compared to those interested in odding for AGCEEP alone. AGCEEP may be forced to wait until Vanilla's is more or less completed, and then make our specifc changes then. In this scenario, we'd choose our point of departure carefully.
By its very definition, there cannot be a "vanilla" map edit. As soon as you change it, you also need to change some of the other files (at the least province.csv) and therefore any map edit immediately becomes a mod.

I don't think there is any need or indeed any point waiting for anyone else to complete a new map. People involved in the AGCEEP should start right away in the regional threads making proposals for changes. You don't need any map editor to agree on a change. I don't see much activity on this. I've seen mostly posts with vague wishlists. If you want a Hainault province, Ribbon: go find some source maps or draw something rough in MS Paint; post in regional thread and debate it; when the time comes to submit don't forget to include relevant changes to province.csv or event files.

/rant over :)

Norrefeldt said:
It would be good if the result of the discussions were summarized in the first post.
You'll also want to list/assign province id's in the first post. So that people making supporting events have one post to refer to when looking up any new provinces.

Wouldn't it be better to let the actual map maker assign IDs? But, any way is fine.

I don't think we should wait for others to make a map. AGCEEP has an outspoken ROTW focus that is lacking in other places. We don't have that conflict, since it's already been settled that ROTW should get much more detail.
As to the MP vs SP conflict, dont know what it's really about? 3 or 5 provinces in Portugal? Nah..

Norrefeldt said:
Wouldn't it be better to let the actual map maker assign IDs? But, any way is fine.
Yes, it doesn't matter who assigns them I suppose, just as long as you don't have to scroll through multiple pages of posts to figure out which id has been assigned and which is still free.

We need a new province.csv with some placeholders for the provinces above #1613, and the dummy changed to #2019. Something like this,
Code:
1614;Europe unassigned 1614;coastal;0;0;....
1615;Europe unassigned 1615;coastal;0;0;....
1701;Asia unassigned 1701;coastal;0;0;...
1901;Africa unassigned 1901;coastal;0;0;...
2019;Dummy;coastal;0;0;...
-1;Filler;...

I need to test as well if the pre-feb2beta will accept such a format in province.csv. Do we need to make separate versions of AGCEEP for pre- and post-beta?

Norrefeldt said:
To handle this discussion I think we should get a number of new threads:
New map: North America
New map: South America
New map: Africa
New map: Japan
New map: China
New map: Europe
New map: India

...and a few more I guess. It would be good if the result of the discussions were summarized in the first post.

Why not just divide the regional map threads along the lines of the already exisiting regional discussion threads?

chegitz guevara said:
I think the first think we should do is fix the map, i.e., put names in the proper places. After we do that, then let's worry about what new things we want.
Well, you try to hold people from speculating about what new places they can add! :D
We can try to do both as we rework each area.

The new map madness brings some considerations to AGCEEP:

Basically every province has to be reworked (tax value, manpower, etc) from the entire world to keep the current balance, otherwise the balance is lost.

Every country has to be reviewed regarding cores.

The game will be entirely changed. Exploration and colonization of dozens (if not hundreds) of new provinces has to be accomodated. Countries will be a lot harder to conquer, since they contain several new provinces, i.e. Inca is already a tough cookie for Spain.

Quite a few of the current events might require to be revised.

AGCEEP turns by default into incompatible with 1.08 vanilla without the 2/2 beta.

AGCEEP turns into a very different game than 1.08 vanilla.

I hope all this things, together with the goals to be sought in the introduction of each new province, had been properly discussed by the HC. It is not the time to turn the game all upside down without direction.