• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(40258)

I follow the Hawk
Feb 18, 2005
this new AAR is more game-oriented, as opposed to my other novel-style Aragon AAR. It does not mean that my other AAR is on hold, though.

Will be posting in installments of 10 years each.

Playing AGCEEP 1.37 with the latest EU2 patch.

settings are very hard/normal.

Part 1: The Hussite wars

Part 1: The Hussite wars (1419-1429)

17tl.jpg

The Austrian army has 10 thousand soldiers, divided equally in infantry and cavalry, led by the General Albrecht V. (3-3-3)

The first DP slider move was made towards offensive, as shock is very important in the early game.

Austria starts the game allied to Bohemia and Hungary and has Royal Marriages with Tyrol and Styria. Both of these (Tyrol and Styria) are made entirely out of Austrian cores.

23lt.jpg

The starting Austrian provinces are Salzburg and Austria.

34ey.jpg

The first diplomatic action was a Royal Marriage with the powerful neighbor, Hungary

49gt.jpg

On aug 29th, hussites declare independence from Bohemia, in the provinces of Bohemia and Ostmark.

55fo.jpg

On December 20th, a Royal Marriage is made with Bohemia, bringing relations to +200.

68ih.jpg

On march 23rd the next year, the Catholics in Bohemia start a crusade against the Hussite heretics and we join, together with Hungary.

78fn.jpg

I dont want to fight, but a little loot never hurt anybody, so the cavalry raids Ostmark.

82hj.jpg

In 1421, Hungary makes peace with Venice, so I hope they can focus on the Hussite war and end it.

96xn.jpg

Back to looting.

101bc.jpg

Bella gerant alii, tu felix Austria nube ;)

110ip.jpg

36 thousand Hungarians are sieging Ostmarch, so it is time for Albrecht to show up and take all the glory :)

120jl.jpg

And on March 26th 1424, Ostmarch is in Austrian control. Of course even a White Peace is rejected by the heretics.

139ey.jpg

And in october, the Hussites are sieging Ostmarch.

141vr.jpg

The province is lost in 1425, and surely the Hussites will go back to Bohemia and siege some provinces there, like they usually do.

156gk.jpg

But noooo! They want to punish me for daring to take their land.

167ut.jpg

Hungary saves my ass when 25 thousand of her troops start sieging Ostmarch and the Hussites lift the siege in Ansbach.

172yk.jpg

Happy Austria marries her princes away again... I wonder how many princes and princesses we have? :confused:

183av.jpg

Nice! and the economy grows!

191jg.jpg

Marriages again... Don't know why, but it seems pretty weird for me to do it, but hey! i plan to be a bit historical. Wonder if the Habsburgs had so many RMs in real history?

201od.jpg

Here is how the Hussite Wars are coming along in 1429.

211vu.jpg

And here is Europe.

Yes! Exactly like the AAR's I like and like I wrote mine :)

This is the kind of aar´s I like, lots of screenies, and only words when necessary:D

I sometimes enjoy AAR's where I can get most of whats going on just by looking at the screenshots as well. A refreshing scan is less taxing on the eyes, you know. :)

thanks guys for the positive feedback.

I enjoy lots of screenshots too, that's why i thought of such an AAR.

the start is pretty slow, but hey! Austria does not grow strong through war, am i right? :rolleyes: at least not in the beginning.

im playing the 1429-1439 period today, so an update later.

Part 2: Struggling for survival (1429-1439)

next DP move still towards offensive

1.jpg

Poland declares war on our ally Bohemia. We ditch them like the scum that we are, and join another alliance, when tyrol proposes.

2.jpg

the emperor grants ansbach to bavaria, and we have to respect his decision. :mad:

3.jpg

the infidel assault on Europe is impressive, Serbia will soon fall to the turkish hordes (and allies)

4.jpg

OMG!! speaking of hordes... look at these hussites heading for Austria... we are doomed...

5.jpg

fortunately our beloved bohemian friends make peace with the Hussites grating them all the teritories but Silesia, their capital. Austria manages to get away without even a looted province! Yay!

6.jpg

WTF?!?! we were at war with Portugal?? well, white peace seems ok, but as soon as we are at peace, greedy Tyrol wants to vassalize us. We respectfully tell Tyrol to keep its slimy hands off of us.

7.jpg

ever heard the expression "cash cow"?? well, i am going to milk this one!

8.jpg

The Hussite menace is finally over, but not before they rampaged through Germany and annexed Hesse. Finally they are reincorporated to Bohemia.

9.jpg

Every 13 months, i mint 31 ducats of income from Veneto. Soon, i have enough money to fund the building of a small fort in Austria.

102mn.jpg

The crown of St. Stephen belongs to Albrecht of Austria, and Hungary is now our vassals! Muaahahahaha!

115uz.jpg

Our old friendly relations with bohemia have been improved, to the point they accept a Royal Marriage and join our alliance.

127xr.jpg

Alas, our new allies and friends are dirty warmongering bastards! We honor the alliance call, but only because everyone else did, and we are not popular enough to be different. :D

135os.jpg

Bohemia covers Hannover and half of Saxony, the other half is soon to be sieged by our allies Wirtemberg(yellow flag) more tyrolese and wirtembergian armies are on their way. In the south, Styria's army is still sieging Veneto, but the fortress seems to never drop below -3, since there is a medium fort and no posibility to blockade. :( however, for me it is quite ok, since i get to loot!

141yv.jpg

Europe in 1439:

154fd.jpg

Great going! :)

It´s good to see that the Ottomans are doing great. In my games they always gets trashed :mad:

Great going so far, no need for expansion, the screenies makes it funny anyway, :D

Vincent Julien: thanks! :cool:

rule_brittania: patience, patience, I will expand... :D

Saulta: well, the Ottos are my main reason for worries, if they continue to trash Hungary, i will be left with nothing to inherit! :mad:

Semi-Lobster: welcome! great to see you following this AAr too, if you play Austria, play AGCEEP, it has a lot of neat events. ;)

Fnuco said:
Semi-Lobster: welcome! great to see you following this AAr too, if you play Austria, play AGCEEP, it has a lot of neat events. ;)

But you also start out small and puny ;)
Play AGCEEP 1520, then you get Frundsberg

Good going Fnuco, even if you are still small and puny, I like the little comments :cool:

Dr Bob said:
But you also start out small and puny ;)
Play AGCEEP 1520, then you get Frundsberg

Good going Fnuco, even if you are still small and puny, I like the little comments :cool:

well, i am small and puny, cant argue with that. :eek:o

great to have you following this one too, Bob.

i have some problems with the game right now, because i suddenly realized that i got a province from Hungary through a HUN event, but there is no event for Austria that tells me that. I might have to write one to tell me i am the new rules of Odenburg.

hmm.... :confused: :mad:

Fnuco said:
well, i am small and puny, cant argue with that. :eek:o

great to have you following this one too, Bob.

i have some problems with the game right now, because i suddenly realized that i got a province from Hungary through a HUN event, but there is no event for Austria that tells me that. I might have to write one to tell me i am the new rules of Odenburg.

hmm.... :confused: :mad:

You shouldn't care about it IMO. As Portugal you get Guangdong without an event reminder. So far so good btw ;)

well, didnt solve the problem, but played anyway.

next instalment in a few minutes, just need to edit and upload the pics.