• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
part 5: old friends = new enemies

part 5: old friends = new enemies (1459-1569)

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for:

DP click!

I go land, for morale and cheaper land units.

a1.JPG

and now....

a2.JPG

evil Hungary Dows. Of course my allies join in.

a3.JPG

I wait almost a whole year before i make my final move, observing the Hungarian army's tactics.

a4.JPG

and then KABOOM! Matyas Corvin gets almost killed in a battle.

a5.JPG

Styria marches to help sieges.(the only ally with MA to Hungary, so the only one effectively taking part in the war)

a6.JPG

Hungary is burning, and the peace offer is taken. We do not want a too weak Hungary, thatthe ottomans might gobble up, but the insult cannot go unpunished. Presburg is a decent price.

a7.JPG

Stupid Czechs!

... to be continued

and we're back! :D

a9.JPG

We inherit the province of Steiermark from Styria, along with 23k infantry. Krain goes to Hungary. It begins....

a8.JPG

We make a crucial decision, standing by our allies against our old friends in Bohemia. Lots of RMs are broken. But hey, we have enough princes and princesses to rebuild'em!

a10.JPG

War engulfs central Europe.

a11.JPG

Stupid Hungarians! We start feeling sorry for the Ganged Bohemians.

a12.JPG

So we make peace with their alliance. We follow our allies' moves with great interest.

a13.JPG

Notice a larger Austria! Finally! :D

Hey, Milan and papal states has expanded a lot!
But I see that the ottomans has not...
hmm...

played 20 more years tonight... it was quite good ;)

Update? Soon ;)

PS. Did you guys know that breaking a RM costs 2 diplomats? i use breaking and remaking RMs as a great way to improve relations now that stab is extremely cheap. But i could only break/make RMs with 2 countries within the 6 diplo limit...

To my surprise, i did not know that.

And i considered myself pretty good at the game. Geez is my face red! :eek:o

Fnuco said:
And i considered myself pretty good at the game.

*cough* :rolleyes:

Go Fnuco, I am sure that soon you need no longer be frightened of one province minors :D .
And the ottomans are getting rather close :p I say send them lots of money to make them like you, like I do IRL ;)

part 6: being so small hurts my self-esteem (1469-1479)

A DP click is made towards land, now we are at land 10 (cheaper troops, higher morale, more manpower) - forgot to take a screenie.

q1.JPG

My allies are no more... I wept for them, then ate a cookie. :D

q2.JPG

New alliance, great! Mantua who?

q3.JPG

War with Bad Boy Bohemia(BBB). Lasts 2 years. Not entertaining at all...

q4.JPG

Oh, i said Bohemia was a Bad Boy? My new vassal is BBBB (Big Bad Boy Burgundy)

q5.JPG

Out of about 6 provs, only one is controled by Burgundy. The rest... check the list above...

q6.JPG

The end to another boring decade.

Dr Bob said:
A truly astounding series of events, however I must point out that at the moment that the title of this AAR is misleading ;)

Otherwise a very good AAR :D

Well, Europe *IS* Habsburg, as i have RMs with half the world i know. Maybe even more.

Semi-Lobster said:
Great AAR so far though I'd be wary of Bavaria, they're getting too big for their own. Maybe you should help them shrink to a more manageable size ;)

I will let them alone one more session.

Hopefully by then they will be, in the immortal words of Mr. Burns, "ripe for the quashing"...

:rofl:

Excellent!

I'm going to play tonight the next 10 years, maybe even post the update, but im not sure.

well, the Bavarian issue is solved! :rofl:

Want to know how?

Stay tuned...

:D

part 7: revenge

part7: revenge (1479-1489)

DP click: +1 aristocracy. (better DIP, cheaper cav)

My old allies in Wirtemberg revolt from their oppressors in Bavaria, so my honor tells me i should join them in their fight against their enemies.

w1.JPG

But they were stupid once, they remain stupid now too...

w2.JPG

But Bavaria lets me have Ansbach (which, as you might remember, was mine a few years in the beginning too) and agrees to become my vassal.

w3.JPG

Check out our Bad Boys: Bohemia is a little kid compared to these two:

w4.JPG

Good boy, Bavaria! Now help me get Switzerland! They have a core of mine, Baden, and i intend to get at least that.

w5.JPG

A good leader (4-2-4) is anihilated by Austrian armies. I looked in the leader files after i played this session and realized he only had 1 year left to live. Well, whats done is done...

w6.JPG

The Duke of Tyrol is old, and so he understands that the province of Alsace is better off in Austrian hands. Yay! i got me a new province! and a good one, too!

w7.JPG

Damn Bavarian leader shows up and steals my siege...

w8.JPG

Switzerland is divided between the Austrian-Bavarian alliance (3/4 provs) and Burgundy(1/4). they will not even accept a peace offer for Baden ( 8 % WS). Let's see, maybe they can make a better offer. the AI is famous for this.

w9.JPG

This is Europe in 1489. I had little time to look at what happened around the old continent, as i was involved in wars all the session, but i see with sadness that France and the Ottomans are growing...

w10.jpg

Only Ak koyonlu left...then nothing will stand in the Ottomans way...or, maybe an other white blob...who knows...

Duke of Wellington said:
Have you concluded the war with Switzerland? Thats not too good about France already getting into Northern Germany :( I guess they'll be looking at Alsace too with greedy eyes as well

No, peace with Switzerland is not concluded, as i control Baden (my core), Bavaria(my vassal and ally) controls bern and schwyz, and burgundy(another war) controls Wurzburg.

But peace is made soon.
I have already started to play the next 10 years and Austria is getting blobish.

Thanks to all of you for following my AAR.

Update soon( one hour, maybe 2)