• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(40258)

I follow the Hawk
Feb 18, 2005
Ok, so:

Austria Grand Campaign (starting 1419) using AGCEEP+MyMap.

Settings are: Very hard/Normal

Aim will be to match the splendour of Habsburg Europe 1.

Hope to have readers, comments, spam, whatever... :D Except spam.

Last edited:
I promise to follow this one if you delete all traces of the old one so it will look like I got the idea first. :D

1419-1429: The BORING years...

initial setup:

a7a39df54ef0cf86e2995dd42cf310f5.jpg

a81993b081a6ceab09344ab3637f0f59.jpg

tech advances:

6b825eecb07ce425024bb335cda4b828.jpg

And the Hussites come knocking:

6b825eecb07ce425024bb335cda4b828.jpg

some starting diplomatic actions:

c1177e28d294108feeea5d4666406d47.jpg

remember the marriages?

58bf23ea6c892c216e9179c8a8b3ed19.jpg

d00254e1a2cbf8bc102416d84912426e.jpg

And the Hussites apparently don't like little Austria. (hehe, we all know that size doesn't matter! *rolleyes* )

0740d1866e459a98e075d8ee45358c0e.jpg

Yay! we get Srtaubing! MINE!

c84d40e820de5c52a83b5d1ca8029b0f.jpg

not so HABSBURG EUROPE. yet

8adcac88e969141d6bf3396917ee6465.jpg

Snake IV said:
I promise to follow this one if you delete all traces of the old one so it will look like I got the idea first. :D

:rofl: :rofl:

Dr Bob said:
So back to being small and insignificant?

Are you going to attempt a WC from the start here? :rolleyes:

And I like the title :D

Dunno about WC. sounds hard on such a large map. Lets say i am going for EC for now.

Mymap + AGCEEP + Austria on a killing spree: I'm there :D. Looking forward to see some massive conquest on a massive map. Good luck.

I found your first AAR just recently and was really excited to see how it would finish until I saw your last post....bleh.

I'm happy to see you're doing another one. Sign me up because I love the picture AAR. How much time do you spend on setting up the pictures? Seems like it would take some time....

nice to see people interested!

@Alessandro F. :

1. (somethin i wanted to ask you ever since i saw you on the forums) does the "F." stand for "Farnese"?

2. well, i make the screenies, then decide which to put them together in a pic, edit the new pics with the merged screenies, then convert them to .jpg, upload them and link them to the posts here.

Presto, abracadabra, and..... voila'!

You have a pictorial AAR.

@ all:

Updating tonight i think.

Alessandro F. said:
Seems like it would take some time....
He, it takes more time playing the game than doing the update. (At least for me.) Note: my pictorial AAR has more followers than my two other AARs (maybe even togeather). The time put on the update is defenetly worth it

Snake IV said:
Note: my pictorial AAR has more followers than my two other AARs (maybe even togeather). The time put on the update is defenetly worth it

I knwo what you mean.

I will follow this aar!!!I liked your other, and I hope this one is going to be just as good!!! :D

Fnuco said:
nice to see people interested!

@Alessandro F. :

1. (somethin i wanted to ask you ever since i saw you on the forums) does the "F." stand for "Farnese"?

Why yes....yes it does :). When first registering, I couldn't fit the whole name so I didn't include Farnese. But yea, it's definitely named after the Duke of Parma, Alessandro Farnese. My family is from Napoli so it's kinda strange that I picked him but I couldn't think of any famous leaders from Naples...

I've only been to Italia once but I'm hopefully going back next year. We did northern Italy last time so hopefully this time it'll be southern Italy/Sicily.

2. well, i make the screenies, then decide which to put them together in a pic, edit the new pics with the merged screenies, then convert them to .jpg, upload them and link them to the posts here.

Presto, abracadabra, and..... voila'!

You have a pictorial AAR.

As long as you don't mind doing the work, I definitely don't mind reading :)

Good luck and I can't wait for you to update. I'm playing my own game as Austria right now....I'm trying to beat the screenie from your last game. I've definitely got my work cut out for me :)

1429-1439. More boring stuff.

Hussites declare war on our long-time friend and ally and now have the nerve to ask us for military access? No f.ing way!

1.jpg

The small province Austria gained through event last session disappeared just as easily. Hey! Easy come, easy go! So far, events just as on the normal map. Oh, BTW, i won't check the events here. Not that i am very ethical or anything. Just lazy. If anyone else does it for me, i will be very thankful and give them a leader in my AAR.

2.jpg

Saxony grew large through conquest, becoming the neighbourhood Bad Boy, so we DOWed them. Then some other about 20 countries.

3.jpg

RMs as usual.... *yawns*

4.jpg

I halved the army, so maintenance would not take much needed funds from research. Minting allowed fortress improvement in the capital. (Name impossible to pronounce and/or write at 5 AM)

5.jpg

Military Accesses. Think of them as RMs taken a step further. Or as an insurance policy. Yeah, that's it...

6.jpg

Ok, so now the sh!t hits the fan... our ally Styria DOWs Croatia, who is in alliance with big bad Hungary and Bohemia. Oh, and Poland... Geez! We refuse to honor the alliance call, and then refuse to join on the other side. I mean, i am sneaky, but not strong enough to be THAT sneaky. We enter another alliance, led by Bavaria.

7.jpg

Lovely event giving us a big fuzzy nice vassal.

8.jpg

Europe:

9.jpg

There should be a rule against a two-province nation having a vassal at least seven times bigger than itself :)