• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(28147)

General
Apr 21, 2004
I'm moving this AAR to another forum, Stony Road to be precise. They have a much more stable server so the AAR will be available more frequently. Here is the link to the new thread for the AAR over there.

The Stony Road AAR Thread.

This is going to be a cheating game, so don't read it if you dislike it. I had a good idea for a story so I decided to do it. Additionally due to a computer failure I lost all of my previous game files, so I will be restarting this from scratch. Look to the general area of post #150 for the new posts in a week or two.

With a flash the young man appears in an empty, mountain gorge. Looking around he takes stock of the various metal containers that also appeared with him. Opening one of the containers near him a robot whirrs to life and without instruction begins working on opening the other containers, each containing a robot, though each robot is slightly different, as if tasked for different projects.

January 1st 1936, Having finished his plans the young man speaks to the assembled Austrians before him, all armed. In perfect German he says, "I am here to restore the glory that was once Austria, that was once my own Family's glory. The Habsburg Empire shall rise again!" The assembled soldiers before him cheer and with a single word, "Vorwarts!"(Forward as near as I can translate) the troops begin to march towards their objectives, within days the Army of Austria was absorbed into this new Army and the capital was in their grasp. Otto Franz Habsburg had achieved the victory he had promised, regaining Austria for the Habsburgs. For now he would peacefully sit and build the might of the Empire before moving forward with his other plans.

Last edited:
Cheating, eh! ;) Well I don't mind you cheating, I cheat myself. :D Still it can be pretty dificult staying alive with austria, when you've got a monster warmchine in your backyard. Still good luck to you.
P.S.Will you ally yourself with Germany to avoid Anschluss and war?

Zauberfloete said:
Cheating, eh! ;) Well I don't mind you cheating, I cheat myself. :D Still it can be pretty dificult staying alive with austria, when you've got a monster warmchine in your backyard. Still good luck to you.
P.S.Will you ally yourself with Germany to avoid Anschluss and war?

I'm debating that, as for the cheats I'm using, they would allow me to steam roll Germany, if I chose to, but I won't do that. I'll limit my production to allow the Germans a chance to beat me.

Atruejedi said:
Bah... I don't see the point with cheating. I understand you want to tell a story, but why bother using the game? ;)

I've got another game going that isn't a cheats game, I just want to have fun with this one. I get bored and tired of sitting around doing nothing in legitimate games, so from time to time I cheat, so I can kick more butt. I also have a no cheats Vic game.

Edit: Plus my other legitimate game is on hold due to an event issue.

Late April saw the deployment of 3 new Infantry Divisions, and 2 Cavalry divisions. May 1st saw another 2 new infantry divisions deployed. Phase one of the resurrection of the Habsburg empire began with a Declaration of war upon Italy on June 15th. The plan was to sweep towards Milan, then wheel left towards ferrara and bologna. Trento was captured on the 22nd, followed by Milan on the 27th. July 1st saw Ferrara captured, thus encircling 4 divisions in Venice, which fell 3 days later on the 4th, the 4 divisions there surrendering. The 10th saw Bologna captured, with an attack towards La Spezia failing 4 days later, only to succeed on the 18th, cutting off 3 divisions in Genoa on the 21st. A weak attack towards Genoa failed on the 23rd, followed by a successful assault on the 25th, the defenders in Genoa surrendering. August 18th saw Austria present the Treaty of Trento to Italy to sign, formally ending the war and ceding Trento, Milan and Venice to Austria.

Looking over the reports Otto smiled, seeing the military was expanding quickly, though not too quickly. With assistance from him, his researchers were making great strides in advancing his Empires technology. Naval designs had advanced to the current standards of technology, and were soon to be advanced beyond it slightly. The Army too was slightly ahead of the standard technology, the Air force was lagging behind though, still using technology from the last war, and not having many in numbers. But Otto had a plan for this, once the new factories he had ordered be constructed were finished he would be able to research even faster, and construct equipment faster. The German state was still a Mystery to him, should he propose an alliance with them, or build his forces and prepare to invade them.

As it stands the count goes like this, these are either in the build que, or already deployed.

40 Army Divisions(Mixed, Cav, Inf, Mtn, and Arm)

3 Airforce Squadrons(2 Interceptor Fighters, and 1 Tactical Bomber)

No Navy yet, but research is advancing quickly so why build old useless ships.

Just wondering if anyone knows what would happen to Germany's political sliders should I puppet Germany, having set Austria's to make them a Paternal Autocrat.

Last edited:
Okay, back in action. Had some problems with my ISP probably not knowing where to find this place. But I got an assist.

After the Italian invasion Otto I began issuing new orders, in preparation for his next move. Phase II of the revival of his family's empire would target Czechoslovakia. The Nazi party of Germany was also becoming a thorn in the side of Otto's revival. He therefore ordered plans be drawn up to eliminate the Nazi's from power, asking that the plan also try and restore the Monarchy of Wilhelm II if possible. The army was forming up nicely, research teams were working non stop to improve the technology of his empires soldiers. And he was pondering what he would like his navy to look like. But for now this was all plans, Otto would have to wait to make them all reality. A few days later the Intelligence and Army Ministers came into his meeting room and laid out their proposals for operations against the Nazi regime, and Czechoslovakia. With promises to aid Germany in regaining her stolen lands, and a restoration of the Hohenzollern's throne. Czechoslovakia was to be invaded through the Bratislava region, with forces branching out from their to head towards the capital Prag, as well as a branch driving for Kosice and the Polish border.

OperationRestoration.jpg

The operational map laid out for Operation Restoration.​

Last edited:
For the last few months Otto I had been preparing his generals and people for the coming war. July 7th 1937 saw it officially start with a grandiose speech about how Bohemia and all of the Territory of Czechoslovakia had been wrongly stolen from Austria during the peace negotiations of the first world war. The next day Bratislava's defense crumbled, the left wing of the advance followed quick on the heels of Bratislava by capturing Brno the next day. Two days later Zilina was captured, followed quickly by Banska Bystrica on the 12th, meanwhile the left wing was moving further towards the Czechoslovakia captial, capturing Kutna Hora on July 15th. July 24th saw Ostrava and Kosice captured, with all objectives in the east of the country achieved the extra forces were shifted to provide extra support to the wester advance. Prag was captured on the 28th and a mere 27 days after the start of the war saw all Czechoslovakia forces lay down their arms in accordance with the Vertrag von Prag(Treaty of Prague). As of September of 1937 the Austrian Army consisted of 80 Army Divisions, the Airforce was 10 Squadrons strong, and the navy was beginning construction. With 1 Super Battleship, 1 Modern Battleship, 1 Battlecruiser, 3 Heavy Cruisers, 4 Light Cruisers and 2 Destroyer Groups set for completeion by 1939. October saw the deployment of 4 Panzergrenadier(Motorized) corps. November saw the Nazi party of Germany demand that Austria withdraw from the Sudeten land in Bohemia or face war. Within days it was learned that a coup had ocurred in Berlin, the upper echelons of the Nazi's had been killed with a few surviving. As requested Otto's coup had been setup to reinstate the Prussian Monarchy, with Wilhelm II regaining his throne. December saw another 2 Panzerkorps deployed along the Hungarian border in preparation for Phase III.

AustrianEmpire1937.jpg

The extent of Otto's Empire after the Czechoslovakians were annexed.​

HungaryPlans.jpg

The invasion plans for Hungary.​

The ships under construction for the new Austrian navy were as follows.

The Super Battleship - Viribus Unitis

Battleship - Tegetthoff

Battlecruiser - Radetzky

Heavy Cruisers - Erzherog Friedric, Erzherog Ferdinand Max, and Erzherog Karl

Light Cruisers - Sankt Georg, Aspern, Zenta, and Wien

Last edited:
Otto smiled and rolled out the map of his proposed plans to expand the empire further in the coming years. This would require the training and construction of many more units. Operation Retribution would punish the Serbs, Croats and other Slavs for what they had done in starting the first world war. Otto had studied enough of those events to memorize them completely and could easily recite them. He would also be testing his new Paratroopers in the campaign in Yugoslavia. Planning to drop them into Belgrade, and thus avoid a long siege of the city. He also hoped it would throw other elements of the Yugoslavian army into disarray. After Conquering Yugoslavia Otto would turn to Operation Vengeance, the conquest of Romania, finally Bulgaria would face the might of the Austrian Empire in Operation Keine Gnade, for their failures to stop the Allied armies in Greece.

FutureOperations.gif

The operations map for future wars. Red/Blue represents Operation Retribution, Black Operation Vengeance, and Yellow is Operation Keine Gnade.​

What? Are you not reading the title of this AAR? Think about it... Habsburg Empire, Austria, connect the dots? If not take a look at Victoria... And this question would have best been sent as a PM rather than wasting space on the thread.

Otto had decided to take a field trip of sorts, going to the Shipyards in Pola near Venice. He toured the Facility inspecting the miriad of ships under construction, all possible due to his funding bill that was passed. In all 5 Battleships were under construction, the last two being named after historic Austrian Victories, Sacile and Landeshut.

Badass :)

Seems pretty straightforward. Big line of Austrian soldiers marching into Hungary, stomping on any one in their way.

Badass. :)

Henry v. Keiper said:
Seems pretty straightforward. Big line of Austrian soldiers marching into Hungary, stomping on any one in their way.

Badass. :)

Actually it was Austrian tanks rolling and rumbling into Hungary. Just wondering, how do you like the story, and wondering if you know how Otto got to Austria of 1936 and from where.

Jack99 said:
Actually it was Austrian tanks rolling and rumbling into Hungary. Just wondering, how do you like the story, and wondering if you know how Otto got to Austria of 1936 and from where.

I like it so far. I assume Otto was dropped from a UFO. No he's not an alien. He was just dropped.