• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If its acceptable to post in AARland, its acceptable to vote for in the ACAs. A big chunk of the most successful AARs on here have quite a loose connection, if any, to actual gameplay.

• 1Like
Reactions:
As a former ACA organiser, my instinct would be that everything in AARland is fair game, no discrimination. Someone With more authority in this situation may think differently, but my hunch would be not.
This is my view too. All AARs are in some way fan fiction, and this awAARd is for all works in these forums.

• 2Like
Reactions:
We're roughly halfway there guys! Don't wait too long to vote. :)

We have 13 members voting so far. If I read the previous vote we had, Q2 2019, it had 26 voters. So that means we're halfway there, and surely we can't be worse than last year, right? ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Finally knucked down to get this done.

Crusader Kings II
Before Plantagenet - a House d'Anjou AAR by @JabberJock14
Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik by @tpmcinty
The Song of Wessex by @coz1
Here Dwells God - A Jewish Poland AAR by @Tommy4ever

As a sidenote - there are many many other CK2 AARs I could have chosen. I mean I left out Road of Queens, which has been one of my favourite AARs of the last few years, because I just happened to think of the above four first.

Europa Universalis IV
Historical Record of the Regiment de Grenadiers a Pied de Normandie by @cm_spitfire
The Great Religious War of 1562-1569, an AAR by @Cryptex (nb: a very short, but very neat, little AAR)
The Lion and the Lily: A History of the Angevin Empire by @Crimson Lionheart
Jumping around, the 1.30 edition by @Sfan

Stellaris
Stardancers, a Federations AAR by @RossN
The Great Nagyari Empire by @Nikolai
Songs of the Saiiban - a Poetic AAR by @Chilango2
Pax Astra - a Stellaris AAR by @Rawghi

Hearts of Iron IV
A Royal Prerogative - a UK AAR by @Le Jones
The Campaign in the East - a 1941 Germany AAR by @NeuGemi
The Azure Dragon Strikes Again by @vyshan
Patria, Justicia, y Libertad -- a Synarchist Mexico AAR by @RedTemplar

Imperator
Rebirth of a Nation - an Etruscan Tale by @hjarg
Rule Kartago by @Nikolai
Dawn of a New Day by @Jehzir
The Eternal City - A Rome AAR by @Stuckenschmidt

Victoria II
The Eastern Vikings, Part 3 - Baltic Megacampaign by @RedTemplar
May the Sun Never Set - a British AAR by @Jape
Echoes of the New Tomorrow: Life After the Revolution in the Commonwealth of Britain by @DensleyBlair
Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century by @volksmarschall

Other
Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936 by @Bullfilter HoI3
Utsumimiya's War - HoI3(TFH) Japan AAR by @Eurasia HoI3
Atlas of Alternate History by @J_Master DH
Civis Romanus Sum (An EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR) by @Bullfilter EU: Rome

Did anyone note how one could nearly get a full slate for this character from @Bullfilter all by himself?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Short list - not reading a lot. Don't like to read when it is hot.

Crusader Kings II

1. Before Plantagenet - A House d'Anjou AAR, @JabberJock14,
2. Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR, @tpmcinty, (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...f-the-hvitserk-dynasty-of-jorvik-aar.1028954/)
3. Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner's Saga, @Bullfilter, (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...cht-blood-and-battle-a-learners-saga.1045928/)
4. The Crusader Queen - A Kingdom of Jerusalem AAR, @JSB217118, (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/the-crusader-queen-a-kingdom-of-jerusalem-aar.1379712/)

Victoria II

1. Empire of Liberty: American in the Long Nineteenth Century, @volksmarschall
2. The Liberty Bell Rings: The Story of the Free American Commonwealth, @trekfan, (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ry-of-the-free-american-commonwealth.1044338/)
3. The Last Pirate, @mad orc, (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/the-last-pirate-please-comment-pals.1259003/)
4. The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Rising Phoenix - A Roman Reich Megacampaign In New World Order, @zenphoenix, (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...eich-megacampaign-in-new-world-order.1022999/)

Other

1. 'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee, @roverS3, (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/odin-and-stalins-secret-committee.1000475/)
2. Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936, @Bullfilter, (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/talking-turkey-alternate-history-from-1936.996127/)
3. Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne : Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts, @Wraith11B, (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-sonne-die-geschichte-des-stahlpakts.1067851/)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm honored to be mentioned here, though I have no idea what an ACA is.
AARland Community Awards I believe is where we have it from. A community run (semi) quarterly award. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
AARland Community Awards I believe is where we have it from. A community run (semi) quarterly award. :)

I think historically it was the AARland Choice AwAARds, but either works tbh.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've only really been back on the forums enough to reacquaint myself with the Vic II community, so my apologies to the many excellent AARs for other games.

1. Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century by @volksmarschall.

I have to agree with the author's foreword that American history is often 'wildly misunderstood, misappropriated, and subject to terrible mythologizing.' As the writer of more than one US AAR, seeing one of these monumental projects in the tradition of Director's Special Providence and Nathan Madien's The Presidents: The Vietnam War Edition (or, indeed, volksmarschall's own V1, pun very much intended, The Presidents: Clay to Smith) again - which make my own efforts look like finger painting - will never fail to warm my Transatlanticist's heart.

2. Jihad on the Savannah: A Vic2 Serious Sokoto AAR by @mad orc.

It's not really a Vic II ballot without Jihad, is it? Nothing can be said that hasn't already been said. It's an absolutely fantastic piece of meticulously researched AAR mastery.

3. Echoes of A New Tomorrow: Life After Revolution in the Commonwealth of Britain by @DensleyBlair

The premise gives me heart palpitations, but the writing is so, so good.

4. May the Sun Never Set: A British AAR by @Jape

It was a tough choice between this and The Most Sublime Porte, but I'm relatively confident I'll get to vote for Sublime Porte at the next Quarterly or Half-Yearly ACAs. A Jape AAR is a fleeting thing, but a thing of beauty.

There are, of course, many worthy AARs that I didn't have the space for in a 4-way ballot, so to anyone who doesn't usually go to the Vic II forum; Go now! Mush! Mush!

And last, but not least, a general shout-out to those poor, brave souls who run the various Interactive AARs in the forum. I have some personal experience with it, and I can only say that I have the utmost respect for anyone mad enough to sign up to that.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm honored to not only be included but so too remembered, but any work I did recently was The Song of Wessex. Heavy Crown ended nearly 2 years ago and is not eligible. But thank you.

I'd like to vote this round but I have not been around much these last few months. I will try. Thanks nonetheless to @Nikolai for attempting another round!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Herewith my ACA vote. Sorry in advance to the writers of the many more (CK2 in particular) AARs I'd like to have nominated, but it's only four votes for a half-year period :(

CK2
Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR by @JabberJock14
Lancaster: The King in the North by @TheButterflyComposer
The Song of Wessex by @coz1
Rise of the Folkungs, A Nordic AAR by @streaker77

Very sad I cannot also include: Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia; Give 'Em the Ol' Basel Razzle-Dazzle - A Habsburg AAR by @Green Rice; The dynasty which wouldn't die - a Zengi AAR by @Yvanoff; A Kingdom In the Clouds: A Ü-Tsang AAR by @RossN; Here Dwells God - A Jewish Poland AAR by @Tommy4ever. Two of the four nominated AARs are now completed, so that will free up some room for next time.

Other (all HOI3)
'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3
Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts by @Wraith11B
Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 by @El Pip
Utsunimiya's War - HoI3(TFH) Japan AAR by @Eurasia

Very sad I cannot also include: A wehraboo and a hat in charge of Italy" A story AAR by @Farsky

Imperator: Rome
Rule Kartago by @Nikolai

HOI4
The Thorn of the Rose by @stnylan
A Royal Prerogative - A UK AAR by @Le Jones
Patria, Justicia, y Libertad -- Synarchist Mexico AAR by @RedTemplar
Rise of Eagles - A Dream of White Russian Victory Mod AAR by @Henry v. Keiper

Vicky2
Echoes of A New Tomorrow: Life after Revolution in the Commonwealth of Britain by @DensleyBlair

EU4
Here Dwells God - A Jewish Poland AAR, Part Two by @Tommy4ever

Thanks to all these writAARs for providing me with so much reading enjoyment I find it hard to keep up to date plus write.

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm honored to not only be included but so too remembered, but any work I did recently was The Song of Wessex. Heavy Crown ended nearly 2 years ago and is not eligible. But thank you.

I'd like to vote this round but I have not been around much these last few months. I will try. Thanks nonetheless to @Nikolai for attempting another round!
And this is what happens when one tries to do things in a rush. I meant, of course, The Song of Wessex. Post updated.

• 2Like
Reactions: