• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lafayette53 said:
Damn I am dieing of anticipation. Any word on when the rest of us will get the Beta?
:confused:

Sometime within a week I'd bet.

GeneralHannibal said:
I guess I'll need a coast guard then :eek:

You will need a coast guard, a coast air guard and garrisons posted at least every other one along shore (all urbans of course) and keep a quick response cav or armor one province back. I would keep 1cav/1armor army in reserve where there are coasts.

And please note, the AI's are doing the same mostly unless really hammered by at least two or three fronts elsewhere. They do not thin defenses much until then. One division defenses are not fullproof most anywhere for that matter generally.

lloyd007 said:
Sounds like fun!

now for questions:

Do all countries start off at the same tech level?

Is the reinforcement rate similar to beta 4's slow as can be or more like vanilla?

I am glad you guys are excited!!

It is very much worth it. I think. :cool:

All countries start same techs, even the very smallest puppets. But then they would have one tech slot where others have 3 or 4 or many who have all 5. It is about a dozen more techs than RiskMod3 or 4. And some of these first tech have more happening with them, so that within two years tech wise more is available than would normally be, but they are researched mostly very slow.

So, tech wise you start with a lot of basic flexibility game wise and then it improves slowly so there is now tech advance race per say. It is advance by war.

Reasons, game design wise? First it is a 'war' game, a battle mod not incorporating a tech race per se. It is there of course but more subdued. You can get some great advantages but you would need to specialize your research in one or two areas to feel it say in two years or more.

Second reason is the units are very specialized by attribute and terrain and weather conditions. So you cannot (I think) handily win a war or the game for that matter by only building one or two types of units.

Units reinforce better, except where they do not. Some units are not designed to 'recover'.

There are other surprises yet to be discovered.

Lafayette53 said:
Damn I am dieing of anticipation. Any word on when the rest of us will get the Beta?

I have your email you are getting it only 'hours' after GeneralHannibal. :D

I have five beta testers emails:

GeneralHannibal
therev
lloyd007
Lafayette53
BlackNeurosis

I will email each with instructions.
:D

Yukala said:
I have your email you are getting it only 'hours' after GeneralHannibal. :D

I have five beta testers emails:

GeneralHannibal
therev
lloyd007
Lafayette53
BlackNeurosis

I will email each with instructions.

You have the _________@gmail.com, right?

Also, it sounds like it may be coming tonight or tomorrow...

GeneralHannibal said:
Within 24 hours? :D

That is completely possible. :D

But through the day I am working on business, so I cannot say for sure till I get my hands back on it later tonight.

However, I keep to frequent updating.
:cool:

I quit last night at 3am, actually for last 3 or 4 nights in a row, so be assured I not letting little things like sleep get in the way.
:rofl:

Yukala said:
That is completely possible. :D

But through the day I am working on business, so I cannot say for sure till I get my hands back on it later tonight.

However, I keep to frequent updating.

I quit last night at 3am, actually for last 3 or 4 nights in a row, so be assured I not letting little things like sleep get in the way.
:rofl:

Just a waring, I am busy most of tomorrow, so I may not be able to play until Evening in the civilized lands (I.E. EST Timezone) :p. So you have 24 hours from right now..... :D

Guild Imperium Update

Guild Imperium Update:

Did splash screens in and out, cleaned up scenario files, country propagandas and now all that is left are amending and adding the descriptions to the lastly added countries.

How many hours more? :)

GeneralHannibal said:
How many hours more? :)

Only a some 'descriptive words' stand between you and this fine mod.

Believe it or not, I am not trying to 'torture' you.
:)

Last Guild Imperium Update for Beta1

Last Guild Imperium Update for Beta1

This is the last update for Guild Imperium Beta1 as what is left is quite minimal.

Am 'only' writing in sketches so hopefully beta testers who care to or me later in the next beta can flesh it out. Maybe some AAR like last time will provide more 'color' to the mod descriptions. So I am keeping only to the basic timeline.

With that I got a little emeshed in North America when I research a little US Congress history on proposed Territory and State making to get a better idea of 'what could have happened'.

So in keeping with that I changed the name of Morman State to the original, 'Deseret' and expanded its borders a little west north and northeast, expanding it from a 2 province puppet of Texas to a 6 province puppet of Texas.

I also removed the newly added claims of Texas north into Sioux lands and instead created, a new Sioux Nation puppet, called; 'Sequoyah' which is mostly Oklahoma and Kansas, 7 provinces. This by adjusting French Louisana, Texas and Sioux Nation borders to accomodate their insertion.

That done, I had started and will complete making the Pirates, Armed Trading Companies and The Watchers, minimally functional, at least as functional as a normal minor nation though spread out. Long-term they shall be actually major powers and very specialized. But just having them sit there with not even units etc. looked too lame, I thought.

That's it!
And off it goes very soon now.

And I think it could be with some Beta testers response tweaking a go as is and renamed eventually.

How about you release it now and then let us do some of the "describing". I'd like to get this before I go to sleep (early because I have soccer tomorrow)...

GeneralHannibal said:
How about you release it now and then let us do some of the "describing". I'd like to get this before I go to sleep (early because I have soccer tomorrow)...

When you play soccer tomorrow, think of me; 'the wizard who works long into the night...'
;)

Yukala said:
When you play soccer tomorrow, think of me; 'the wizard who works long into the night...'
;)

I'm not sure if that means I'll be thinking of how good it was, or how good it will be...

Regardless, I'm not sure I'll be thinking of anything while running sprints and that sort of thing :D.

Ok, so not quite the last update...

:eek:

I finished a little better than just generic versions of the three wildly separated island countries. So now I think they might be very fun to play or be a challenge to conquer.

The Watchers
Pirates
Armed Traders

As well completed some more loose ends with unit names etc. in last countries added.

Figured out how to do my scenario load screen the way I want it, so I will do that next. Then post in very basic descriptions and will avoid getting 'inspired' and save it for my 'Guild Imperium Book', which has the first chapter done. But for copyright reasons will not be posted at Paradox Forums. However will be available to download from another site as a copyrighted PDF book when Guild Imperium goes out as Guild Imperium One. Both will be available at that time for download from that site.

I built a special AI for the three countries above, they will mostly be focused on sea power, building/researching fleets, marines, paratroopers. Their peace-time IC is 200% increased, so if they go to war their IC base crashes to reflect being cut-off from free-wheeling world trade.

EDIT: Have updated post 1 and 2.

Last edited:
BlackNeurosis said:
Keep some testing for us...
Damn i had almost forgot it,
then you send us a email...
:rolleyes:

Yeah! i've been selected for the Beta !!!!
Come on i could do some hardtest this weekend.

Have a good Time

Black Neurosis

:D yep and its done.
And I am carefully packing up the files now.