• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Comrade Kalle said:
I was more thinking... are there no other color that looks better? ;)

Gosh and I worked so hard to carefully craft a fine global color scheme.
:eek:

That color is of a few countries, as long as the change does not conflict with others it does not matter. It is done in the colorscales file. I tried deep bright violet once, what about that?
:rofl:

Here come the Scots dressed in bright violet kilts!! They could be given a special battle bonus to reflect temporarily blinding the eyes of the opponents!!
:D

Yukala said:
Gosh and I worked so hard to carefully craft a fine global color scheme.
:eek:

That color is of a few countries, as long as the change does not conflict with others it does not matter. It is done in the colorscales file. I tried deep bright violet once, what about that?

Here come the Scots dressed in bright violet kilts!! They could be given a special battle bonus to reflect temporarily blinding the eyes of the opponents!!
don't get me wrong now, since i don't want to argue about this :p but it's just that i'm not really a fan of some of those colors, namely scotland, korea, ottoman empire (seems they have same color :p ), and that other light brown thing in wales/england
may i suggest some kind of light red for scotland, korea and ottoman instead perhaps? not that it really matters, but then it would be a similar color at least.

great job on manchukuo though, that color looks nice ;)

Hey, thanks!

Will look into that light red along the way.

Have to be gone on business for maybe a week or more off and on.

So posts and updates will be few for awhile.

Happy summer everyone!!

Guild Imperium Update

Back for a bit or so.

Guild Imperium Update:

I have largely completed resource/mp distribution and again settled with 'rich' :D despite a good effort to cut some fat off.

However as is, will serve other game design considerations nicely. Like 'revolts', 'uprisings' and 'beligerent Trade Guilds'. :D

Worked hard 'again' on the AI due mostly to some thread discussions of same. I have a story, but do not know when I will get around to it.

Have amended two countries names.

Texas is now Republic of Texas.
And American West is now Republic of Oregon.

Also sketched out some more indepth backgrounds to North and Central Americas. These support the name changes above.

GeneralHannibal said:

Am going over check-list for same, will let you know!

How is your summer going?

Guild Imperium Update:

Guild Imperium Update:

Hey good news!!
;)
I have decided to change the name Great Quebec to French Quebec!
:cool:
yep, that's right I know you'd be glad to know.

I also set up three slug traps around some gardens.
Got 5 right away, then 2 more and lastly one baby one.
That makes 8 slugs straight away.
:wacko:

...well as you can tell it must be summer here
:)

Guild Imperium update

Guild Imperium update:

18 more slugs dead by salt traps in garden #2 and 3 more dead slugs dead in garden #3.

Count is now over 30 dead slugs, will be installing slug traps on garden #4.

This is almost more fun than playing HOI cause the ripening tomatoes are at stake!! And a few other vegetables now coming on.

I thought you would like to know! :rolleyes:

Anyway, worked on Event chain WarFiles #1 and #2. They are multiple and layered with other event chains and AI switches, so this will take some clear thinking and work.

Next, I believe I will finally update the collected flags, pictures etc.

After that, finish the basic revolt file. (mostly done)

Test and and Beta1 release.

How long?

Good question for which I have only slug trails for clues...
;)

Guild Imperium Update

Guild Imperium Update:

:cool:

I continue on making goodly progress!

Sounds good. I am home now, and can Beta-test on call ;)

Thanks guys!!

Will keep you posted on progress.

Guild Imperium Update

Guild Imperium Update:

Made some really good progress today.

Implemented three kinds of AI profiles.

One for Principals or Puppet Masters and the like.
One for puppets
One for alliance, which generally are mid-sized countries in alliances.

20 are puppets
18 are alliances
32 or so are Principals
Two more kinds are for speciality AI's, being Pirates and Guilds and some revolters etc.

I will not hold up Beta1 for the last two catagories though.

This, with war diplomacy and first layer or two of revolter nations should be the line for Beta1.

So ETA is within a week?

:D :D :D :) :) :) :) :D :D

*is jumping with joy*

Guild Imperium Update

Guild Imperium Update:

Ran an excellent test. All is working rather well, especially invasions with coordinated paradroops, AI opening several fronts by land sea and air. I was going to show some bragging pictures, but hell who cares I am instead moving on to get this beta1 ready for a closed circle of beta testers!

Tweaked Event WarFile1 and will maybe do a little more with #2. But for Beta1 I really only intend it be a good play for say five years and not worry about lengthening event chains at this time.

After some thought I have decided to really keep some balance unpredictability into this mod. Not all will of course be loaded in, but enough to give a real thrill for survival!!

There will be six countries with the special distinction of being 'majors'. Only six, while some others that are puppet_masters will just be considered 'want to be's', such as Japan, Australian Empire and Scotland for instance.

The six majors have a build jump, or a larger OOB that is most noteworthy and be a true terror by air, land and sea. But not invincible, just with a decided 'advantage'. You can play them of course.

They are:

Imperial France
Imperial Germany
Austrian Empire
Imperial Russia
India
Imperial China (who will be the only Chinese country with full cores on most of China and also has Tibet as a puppet.)

Next I have some a few file details and file housekeeping.
Then the two biggest things left are finally inserting the flags etc I long ago collected and some work on the revolt file and maybe one revolt event chain.

Cheers!!

Note these 'majors' are largely in the same neighborhood so the likely hood is that they will often seek to clobber each other. :D

The Americas are cut up enough that no country is considered a 'major', same with Africa.

The RoA isn't a major :(

I guess I'll just have to make it one :D. So, just a few bugfixes and the first Beta gets released?

GeneralHannibal said:
The RoA isn't a major :(
?

Well that is because it is a 'Republic' and this mod starts with Imperiums as dominant. If I was to make a country in the Americas a major that would need be Imperial Mexico.

I guess I could, it might make it more interesting?