• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Guild Imperium

Guild Imperium_World Map

Last edited:
Guild Imperium

74 playable countries at scenario start.

The Americas (16)

Republic of Oregon
Sioux Nation (considered by many as a rebel nation)
Sequoyah (puppet of Sioux Nation)
French Quebec (puppet of Imperial France)
Republic of America (puppet master of Republic of Liberia)
Confederate States of America
French Lousiana (puppet of Imperial France)
Republic of Texas (puppet master of Morman State)
Deseret (puppet of Texas)
Imperial Mexico (puppet master of United Provinces of America)
United Provinces of America (puppet of Imperial Mexico)
Colombian Empire (puppet master of Guyana Republic)
Guyana Republic (puppet of Colombian Empire)
Peruvian Empire
Brazilian Empire
Argentiniean Empire

Europe (26)

Kingdom of Scotland (puppet master of Kingdom of Ireland, Kingdom of Wales and Norseland)
Kingdom of Ireland (puppet of Kingdom of Scotland)
Kingdom of Wales (puppet of Kingdom of Scotland)
Kingdom of England
Iberian Empire
Imperial France (puppet master of French Lousiana, French Quebec, House of Flanders, House of Lux, Helvetica)
House of Flanders (puppet of Imperial France)
House of Lux (puppet of Imperial France)
Helvetica (puppet of Imperial France)
Imperial Germany (puppet master of Copenhagen Trade Guild)
Copenhagen Trade Guild (puppet of Imperial Germany)
Austrian Empire
Kingdom of Poland
Kingdom of Ukraine
House Rakoczy (puppet master of Yugoslavia)
Yugoslavia (puppet of House Rakoczy)
Norseland (puppet of Kingdom of Scotland)
Kingdom of Sweden (puppet master of Estonia)
Estonia (puppet of Kingdom of Sweden)
Finland
Imperial Russia (puppet master of Kazakia)
Kazakia (puppet of Imperial Russia)
Kingdom of Italy
Ottoman Empire (puppet master of Greece and Romania)
Greece (puppet of Ottoman Empire)
Romania (puppet of Ottoman Empire)

Africa (8)

New Carthage
Land of Khem
Republic of Liberia (puppet of Republic of America)
Nigerian Empire
Ethopian Empire
Kingdom of Kongo
Empire of Opar
South Africa (puppet of Australian Empire)

Asia (21)

Persian Empire
Kipchak Empire (puppet of Mongol Empire)
Afghanistan (considered a rebel nation)
Saudi Arabia (considered a rebel nation)
India
Tibet (puppet if Imperial China)
Peoples China (considered a rebel nation)
Yunnan (leader of the free alliance with Guangxi Clique)
Guangxi Clique (natural ally of Yunnan)
Imperial China (puppet master of Tibet)
Empire of Siam
Manchuria (puppet of Mongol Empire)
Mongol Empire (puppet master of Manchuria and Kipchak Empire)
Korea (puppet of Japan)
Japan (puppet master of Korea, Taiwan and Pacific Fire)
Taiwan (puppet of Japan)
Philippines
Indonesia
Australian Empire (puppet master of South Africa and New Zealand)
New Zealand (puppet of Australian Empire)
Pacific Fire (puppet of Japan)

(3) Island countries far spread out, now all playable :D
Pirates
Armed Shipping Companies
The Watchers

===========================
Not yet playable
Some Rebel Nations
(not at start or in beta)

Hungarian Rebels
Fascist Italy
Fascist France
Fascist Germany
Fascist Rebels (generic)
Islamic Rebels
Kingdom of Brittany (if Imperial France goes fascist)
Himalaya Rebels
Kingdom of Portugal
Russian Rebels
Bolivian Rebels
Bosnian Rebels
Brunei Rebels
Bulgarian Rebels
Burma Rebels
Czech Ian Rebels
Georgian Rebels
New Guinea Rebels
Indochina (puppet release for Imperial China)
Nicaragua Rebels
Peoples Korea
Chinese Rebels
Fascist Rebels (2nd)
Russian Rebels (2nd)
Uzbekistan Rebels
Turkish Rebels
Vietnameze Rebels

There are also nine more global Trade Guilds

EDIT: The borders of the Persian Empire, Ottoman Empire, and Saudi Arabia have be altered in favor of the Persian Empire now larger. IC lost to Ottoman Empire and the Saudi's has been recovered West for both countries.

Last edited:

Guild Imperium_Europe

Guild Imperium_C. Europe

Guild Imperium_Africa

Central Asia

Guild Imperium_East Asia

Guild Imperium_Australia

Guild Imperium_North America

Guild Imperium_South America

There are some other characteristics unique to the Guild Imperium game board.

And I will fill in some stats here as beta unfolds.

The Empire of France looks very powerful :eek:

Also, New Carthage's capital must be in Tunis (renamed as Carthage). Also, I think that certain "notables" should occasionally pop up as little easter eggs, if you know what I mean ;)

Also, just curious but what is the point of some of the small countries like Wales, Copenhagen and The House of Lux?

Also, if Yunnan and Guaxi are allied, does that mean they don't have cores on all of China?

GeneralHannibal said:
The Empire of France looks very powerful :eek:

Also, New Carthage's capital must be in Tunis (renamed as Carthage). Also, I think that certain "notables" should occasionally pop up as little easter eggs, if you know what I mean ;)

Also, just curious but what is the point of some of the small countries like Wales, Copenhagen and The House of Lux?

Also, if Yunnan and Guaxi are allied, does that mean they don't have cores on all of China?

Good Questions!!

Have to look into New Carthage and Tunis. Could switch things around there pretty easy.

Imperial France is very powerful, led by Napoleon the IX, she is the game's 'dominant power as themed' yet this power is handled in a way that does not guarentee her continued dominance. :D Remembering, two of those puppets are located in North America where she will get drawn into a war of one kind or another game to game. She handles this very, very well by the way. Full flung wars on two continents. This the Australian Empire must do this and Japan as well. And few others to a lesser degree.

Now the point of these smaller countries as puppets is several and I believe great for the player. They are the ulitmae 'underdog' if you want to play one and you can 'time' your breaking away from your puppet master depending on how the game unfolds.

They provide additional exposure to war to each their own puppet master. As well plenty of war assets. They make great 'targets' in Europe particularily when major powers collide because losing one 'hurts'. Later they can be taken over and then released to add more flavor as they can then 'switch sides'.

They also make it hard to ignore when you invade their puppet master because even if you take their capitol etc for each remains another 'supply source'. You cannot for instance 'starve Imperial France out'. And they work very very well. It came of two issues, one to see how well I could make puppets work, since I had avoided them due all the 'rumors' about them. Second it is remains better than putting 60 countries as rebels only that cannot be easily played by a player without switching countries down the line.

Imperial Germany's puppet is an independant Guild for instance that has special attributes such as near unlimited 'supplies' and is camped on well entrenced islands controlling the strait there. This is nice for Imperial Germany who is IC wise the strongest country in the world. Imperial Germany starts with 333 IC at game start. Yet despite this can still go down because her neighbors are likewise powerful and determined.

The whole core and claims is re-done and re-thought out. Almost no country in the world starts with any core claims. Gaining cores will largely happen via an elaborate event chain that reflects expansion and contraction of empires and various political situations that may or may not happen. However, in the Chinas, only Imperial China will start with claims on all the china provinces. Every other China is considered an usurper.

Hmmm, I like it. Feels a lot more diplomatical game than Risk where it was every country for himself.

You could limit annexations possibility to only when nations has certain amount of provinces, like three.

This would make it more interesting when countries actually made peaces and didn't fight till bitter end.

Do AI puppets ever break free on their own?

Also, how do you make sure that England doesn't get immediately swallowed up?

EvilSanta said:
Hmmm, I like it. Feels a lot more diplomatical game than Risk where it was every country for himself.

You could limit annexations possibility to only when nations has certain amount of provinces, like three.

This would make it more interesting when countries actually made peaces and didn't fight till bitter end.

Yes, a little more rhyme and reason to wars and such. But they are more furious and determined due to AI improvements, game board design changes etc. so one need be wary to consider surviving by diplomacy. :eek:

The wars and rebellions are paced not to over-load computer resources, but you cannot generally get out of them.

Annexations remain very harsh to keep control with some exceptions coming by way events. This is still a Risk game, the diplomacy model will be more varied, yet often more inflexable.

What I mean is that the game starts with 20 alliances in place; later others will show up, but these alliances will not necessarily grow. How much leeway things have for the human is yet to unfold because I have not tested much yet.

Beta testing will commence in layers.

First, you will pick whether to be one on your own completely, as one country one power; some are this way like Confederate State of America for instance. Or you may choose to be a powerful puppet master. Or a puppet, playing a smaller secondary role, until maybe you can break out on your own.

Or you start on the longest shot in the game which is the Kingdom of England, (or Kingdom of Wales) where eventually a string of events may make possible to 'rebuild' the empire.

But this first beta test will revolve around primarily the first three years of play maybe to five at most. It will be some kind of furious war, though not for global domination at this point because enough is not properly in place. Well from my design point of view. You could push it that way as a player if you wanted.

GeneralHannibal said:
Do AI puppets ever break free on their own?

Also, how do you make sure that England doesn't get immediately swallowed up?

Not in Beta_1, but eventually I hope to have them even switch sides.

Kingdom of England, though of three provinces only, is yet IC strong and mostly urban. She need stay put for a season. The AI Kingdom of England will not of course, once at war. But Kingdom of Scotland is actually the weakest Puppet Master in the game, over-extended with relative low IC. So under some circumstances she find herself hard pressed to stay alive without trying to pick on the Kingdom of England. And has no coded agenda. Later an event will trigger if anyone DoW's the Kingdom of England that will give whoever some nasty surprises in the way of Global Guild intervention.

But right now if you play Kingdom of England no one is slated to DoW, so you have free ride until you choose to jump in yourself.

This is not a free for all DoW mod like the others. DoW is handled 90% of the time by events with 25% chance of this and 25% chance of that etc. So what happens in game sets up in the first year and then plays out.

Yukala said:
This is not a free for all DoW mod like the others. DoW is handled 90% of the time by events with 25% chance of this and 25% chance of that etc. So what happens in game sets up in the first year and then plays out.

There is much here than meets the eye. It is actually in three layers intertwined. Part will appear almost intuitive gameplay wise the other two are rolls of the dice. One with a single dice and clear action once; the last more dice repeating but based on changing circumstance.

This is also part of what I need play-tested for much of other event chains will be needing to do likewise.

Looks very interesting...

When is the ETA for BETA1?

GeneralHannibal said:
Looks very interesting...

When is the ETA for BETA1?

That of course is always a good question, perhaps just days away...
:cool:

Yukala said:
That of course is always a good question, perhaps just days away...
:cool:

*feels tortured*

Yukala, any other special things you want to tell us about?

GeneralHannibal said:
Yukala, any other special things you want to tell us about?

Guild Imperium Tidbits

Specialized unit traits as keys to terrain and best battle combinations.

Not encumbered by historical realism, I have viewed the units moving around the game board more like a big chess game. So from Risk Battle Mod 4 through 5 and now Guild Imperium I continued to perfect specialized unit traits and AI build schemes to match each to all on a game board modified for same.

So if you attack a fortress perched on a mountain with say a combined force of cav and inf you will get hammered. Where if you attack same with 'para' and 'mountain' or as I call them 'heavy assault' that same fortress will collapse. Para-troopers double as special forces. Can be used effectively by air or land in this way.

Similiar combinations of troops or use of troops are also called for in most other kinds of terrain.

What is interesting is the AI's are very adept at this, more so than a human can possibly be in a fast pace war covering several fronts.

So the game board terrain has been largely modifed to make sure there plenty of each type of terrain including urban.

Just try to keep the chokeholds (central America and islands) not mountains or urban, please :).

GeneralHannibal said:
Just try to keep the chokeholds (central America and islands) not mountains or urban, please :).

:D Well, so far the AI's have had no such problems, whether island hopping through one island vp's in the Carribean, Pacific etc or fighting across Europe or Asia as I did temper many a mountain to hills around the globe. Not the Alps or Rockies, core Himils though, but there are no impassible land terrain barriers.

That is how I generally 'tell' settings are acceptable, if the AI can manage a situation well but not too well. Also there are only level 2 fortress around the entire globe at game start. And many fortresses in mountains were completely removed. I want more starting from scratch here in this mod. And they are more expensive etc to build.

But having AI's hang up in capitol urban centers was more a problem until I amended it. So it now remains a human challenge.

I have even seen where in Finland the AI built up the fortress defending their capitol up to a 6 I believe and though Imperial Russia was at that game stuck trying to take it another agtangonist dropped para troopers right on top and busted the defense.

Humans will know do this even more I suspect. But it still remains mostly unusual to have AI's get that much fortress built before all out war changes or shifts build priorities. (AI fortress build go to the bottom of que) That game was a while back though, before my cooregraphing the start of wars for everyone every game.

One thing to consider as one mods in layers of changes and setting tweaks, is keeping an eagle eye on possible behavior and outcome shifts. This mod, Imperial Guild has never been played by a human.
:D