• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For some reason I can't see your imageshack images...

Anybody have the same problem...

therev said:
Im sorry to discover they are not working GH. Maybe I should shrink the size maybe?

I've already seen them so its not so bad. Just noticing...

gi0929phijr9.jpg

Just thought that the Philippines looked pretty annexed by Japan and her puppets

therev said:
gi0929phijr9.jpg

Just thought that the Philippines looked pretty annexed by Japan and her puppets

Ya, I have a few of those shots!!
:D
They are now allied to Empire of Siam, so that happens less often.

I would rate Poland as one of the much harder nations to play as. I initially went to war with Ukraine after the Ottomans declared war on them, and we fought see-saw around the border for a while (where in the process I lost 4 ARM divs and at least 3 more of other types). After getting stopped by the mud, I decided to spam marines. After a while, I stabilized the front and started advancing steadily, slowly but surly beating Ukraine. The House and Russia had declared war on the Ottomans, and the only problem I foresaw was that the Russians had two provinces in the Crimea, but not the Port City. Luckily, there were no divisions so I para-dropped it. The war continued, and I decided to declare war on the Ottomans since they were occupying territory that Ukraine had taken from me. And they were getting beat up, so I figured I'd win.

So I took all the former Ukrainian territory and stopped, I really don't want any of Romania. So then, 2 hours before annexing Ukraine in December 3 of 1930, Germany declares war and rushes over the border. I only have 4 garrisons covering the entire border as all my troops are in the Odessa area. I leave some GARs to fight and some to retreat to a line on the Vistula. The Germans advance, and then seem to stop in front of my skeleton defence. In a failed para attack, I lose 3 of my para divs (the other one is in the Crimea due to the fact I can't move ships to the black sea) due to the fall of Krakow.

The Germans keep moving in the North, and capture Prussia and most of Lithuania. By the time most of my troops reach the front, the battle seems lost as I only have 89/117 IC due to the losses and bombing, and the Ukraine is in flames as I've had no troops to continue the revolt with. Life isn't good...

sceenxb6.jpg

As you can see, they have many more troops than me. Also, Austria(controlling Austria and all of Italy) declared war but I don't have a land border and they're at war with Ethiopia so I'm not too worried.

And here is a screen of the land situation:
screensave42oc9.jpg

The situation still isn't under control in the far north...

wow!!

Quick pull your troops off the Russian border and cover your flanks!!

Hold and pray Imperial France DoW Imperial Germany.

Nice little AAR and niffty way to handle mud!!
:cool:

In Beta2 Kingdom of Poland has a powerful minor ally, Kingdom of Prussia and this should help out.

The troops on the Russian border are all GARs. My main concern now is to stabilize the front with German and raise my IC by suppressing partisans in the Ukraine.

But France is at war with the CSA and the RoA so I don't have much hope from them. Or Austria. But maybe Sweden...

GeneralHannibal said:
The troops on the Russian border are all GARs. My main concern now is to stabilize the front with German and raise my IC by suppressing partisans in the Ukraine.

But France is at war with the CSA and the RoA so I don't have much hope from them. Or Austria. But maybe Sweden...

um...

Use the GAR to keep the partisans boxed in.

But if you cannot keep Imperial Germany back, you lose.

Your prospects look doubtful.:eek:

How about putting inf or militia on a line of forest and try to lock them down.

It was to late. By mid-March, I was effectively annexed (a few scattered divisions, occasional GAR in Ukraine still alieve, but under 10 IC and no prospects for the future. And as if to taunt me, Germany attacked Austria as I was losing...

And France is currently at war with: Scotland, Iberia, UoA, CSA, Texas. Louisiana only has one province left, but they might be able to hold out in that 24 IC urban fortress...

GeneralHannibal said:
It was to late. By mid-March, I was effectively annexed (a few scattered divisions, occasional GAR in Ukraine still alieve, but under 10 IC and no prospects for the future. And as if to taunt me, Germany attacked Austria as I was losing...

And France is currently at war with: Scotland, Iberia, UoA, CSA, Texas. Louisiana only has one province left, but they might be able to hold out in that 24 IC urban fortress...

Thanks for keeping me updated with this little AAR!

I had thought things were a bit 'tight' there in Central Europe.

So what do you think of the AI's fighting ability?

Generally,?

Maintaining a front and prosecuting the war?

To get shots of the stats you do print-screen and then CLT-V in paint. As for the AI's fighting ability, it was good, but they could have gone a bit quicker in the beginning. Had they gone quickly they might have been able to cross the Vistula before my troops got there, not that it mattered in the end...

Perhaps now I'll switch to France seeing as they are at war with Iberia, Scotland, UoA, CSA and Texas. But Iberia just had a revolt, so I should be able to clean them out...

GeneralHannibal said:
To get shots of the stats you do print-screen and then CLT-V in paint. As for the AI's fighting ability, it was good, but they could have gone a bit quicker in the beginning. Had they gone quickly they might have been able to cross the Vistula before my troops got there, not that it mattered in the end...

Perhaps now I'll switch to France seeing as they are at war with Iberia, Scotland, UoA, CSA and Texas. But Iberia just had a revolt, so I should be able to clean them out...

There is a very specific 'reason' for that; let us just say they 'knew' they had you beat.
:D :cool:

*hoots and hollers* just played through january and february as watchers

observations:

I dont know the backstory of this mod, so all these ahistorical nations are ****ing crazy, man. anyone got a copy of the backstory of wtf happened to the world lying around somewhere? :p

I dont know if this has been said or not, but when I tried to save, I received an error and had to abort to desktop. Ah well.

The Guild Fascist is freaking crazy, even if they are all garrison troops. :D Its like the world Communist revolution the Commies always hoped for. Is that what you were trying to imitate with their colour as red? :D

Overall, so far so good, even if all the techs start 4 years after game start. :p
Although one thing I have noticed is that even though nations declare war, they arent really moving troops. They're just bombing cities. Case in point, in my game, CSA declared war on the Columbian Republic and just bombed the crap out of Port-au-Prince during the whole time. Even with the Guyan republic on their borders and at war, they did squat. :(

Carthade said:
*hoots and hollers* just played through january and february as watchers

observations:

I dont know the backstory of this mod, so all these ahistorical nations are ****ing crazy, man. anyone got a copy of the backstory of wtf happened to the world lying around somewhere? :p

I dont know if this has been said or not, but when I tried to save, I received an error and had to abort to desktop. Ah well.

The Guild Fascist is freaking crazy, even if they are all garrison troops. :D Its like the world Communist revolution the Commies always hoped for. Is that what you were trying to imitate with their colour as red? :D

Overall, so far so good, even if all the techs start 4 years after game start. :p
Although one thing I have noticed is that even though nations declare war, they arent really moving troops. They're just bombing cities. Case in point, in my game, CSA declared war on the Columbian Republic and just bombed the crap out of Port-au-Prince during the whole time. Even with the Guyan republic on their borders and at war, they did squat. :(

AI to AI is 25 day wait. Except air (including para drops which then cannot move again till day 25) and marines who can amphib or cross channels and then again once there must wait out the 25 days.

The back story is here and there in various threads about here and in some descriptions at load up.

Try not to move the cursor for 30 seconds when backing out a game saved.

Red is for both the feeling of Communist/Fascist. :cool:

Glad you are having fun!!!

Carthade said:
Okay, tried to save again, without moving anything, and it just plain CTD.

That happens if two treaties are done with same number. You need to start over and run it slower but have auto-save set to monthly so if something happens you can more easily go back.

Does running it more slowly make things like this less likely to happen?

Also, is there any difference between the two files you sent in the email?