• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

    The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.


    Real Strategy Requires Cunning

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
4.890
0
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Sounds good :). How have you "super-nations" gone?
 

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
3.437
0
GeneralHannibal said:
Sounds good :). How have you "super-nations" gone?

Well I have not done anymore to create super nations other than one little effort in North America. The second half I am again thinking about which we have talked about.

The giving and taking of cores by event.

Quite frankly, AI's get powerful on a right regular basis, but it those darn 'humans' who concern me most...

So I am spending much more time in throwing curves at big guys and still keeping it fair. Which only means to me, that events can hit human or AI. That is my main criteria of fair.

Now, unfair and sometimes tempting...
:eek:

Would be some 'ai = no' included trigger line kind of event.

:rolleyes: Oh the nasty things one could do and still leave my precious, er ai with nice events... ;)

... :eek:o oh, wait must have dosed off. :p

Seems that dreams comes every now again.
:rofl:

:cool:

Have you seen the new Guild Imperium Beta2 thread?
 

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
3.437
0
therev said:
India and Ethiopia are both 1100IC and going strong. If I can beat the Confederates - I figure I will be 700-800 IC and ready to take on Mexico - maybe.

I show you some pics later. GTG the wife has me on removal duty for our son who is coming back to live with us!

That sounds strong enough to me.
:D

But wait, does your son play HOI?
:rofl:
 

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
4.890
0
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Was playing that America game, its now June of '31. Argentina is actually doing well controlled by the AI, there is no way that I'd have have done that well. I destroyed the CSA with French help, but now they are destroying everything. Mexico annexed Texas (again with French help) and as before that I'd allied the Texans and Oregonese now the French and Co. are destroying Oregon. I do have most of the Caribbean now, so I could go to war with Columbia, but I don't really want to.

The only non-French power I have on my borders are the Sioux, and I'm thinking of going after them. But the French scare me, especially as my air power is fairly low...


Oh, and by the way, if you give territory to an ally, it loses all of the partisans. You can then take the territories back and have 0 rebels. Just noticed it since I gave Liberia the Bahamas and Central Florida (the Louisianians have Miami, Jacksonville and Tallahassee; and the Liberians have Tampa and Orlando). A exploit/bug if you will. But I personally like making my puppets bigger and contiguous (I gave Helvetia all of Austria, Trento and Venice in my France game). But it would be nice to be able to do this without feeling like I am cheating the game.

As for Ethiopia, they beat Persia and are now fighting India (who nearly captured all of Persia for a bit, but is now getting pushed back to the former Afghan borders).

I'll upload some pictures of the situation later :)
 

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
3.437
0
:cool:
GeneralHannibal said:
Was playing that America game, its now June of '31. Argentina is actually doing well controlled by the AI, there is no way that I'd have have done that well. I destroyed the CSA with French help, but now they are destroying everything. Mexico annexed Texas (again with French help) and as before that I'd allied the Texans and Oregonese now the French and Co. are destroying Oregon. I do have most of the Caribbean now, so I could go to war with Columbia, but I don't really want to.

The only non-French power I have on my borders are the Sioux, and I'm thinking of going after them. But the French scare me, especially as my air power is fairly low...


Oh, and by the way, if you give territory to an ally, it loses all of the partisans. You can then take the territories back and have 0 rebels. Just noticed it since I gave Liberia the Bahamas and Central Florida (the Louisianians have Miami, Jacksonville and Tallahassee; and the Liberians have Tampa and Orlando). A exploit/bug if you will. But I personally like making my puppets bigger and contiguous (I gave Helvetia all of Austria, Trento and Venice in my France game). But it would be nice to be able to do this without feeling like I am cheating the game.

As for Ethiopia, they beat Persia and are now fighting India (who nearly captured all of Persia for a bit, but is now getting pushed back to the former Afghan borders).

I'll upload some pictures of the situation later :)

Nice report looking forward to the pictures. :D

Now that having the AI do better is one of my primary goals!!

Thanks!

:cool:
 

unmerged(41995)

Lt. General
Apr 14, 2004
1.640
0
I am now at 1939 - the ROA and Mexico are the only contenders for the Americas - about 50/50 - am looking forward to that campaign. Also noteworthy have seen numerous lev 5 and 6 forts - I think I'll find stronger ones in Europe if I look. Ethiopia (I played for a while) is now 1200IC. India is 1600IC. These 2 monsters are really scary. There military assests are phenomenal. They gobble up other countries for breakfast.

One suprising show has been France - I thought they had been annexed - but I hadn't noticed the 2 provinces they had surrounded by Iberia. Germany was on the ropes between Russia and Khem - and out of nowhere - France! the revival has been astonishing. Germany is practically gone - although I wont say for good!

Russia has nearly disappeared - India is finishing off Japan. Ethiopia is netangled with Khem and Carthage and Iberia fight backwards and forwards,

This is a truely exciting world. I like having units with a bit more of a tech edge to them - but I am out teched by India and Ethiopia and I have a feeling even Mexico - The US tech teams are not as good I figure as the generics! But that just adds to the challenge.

BTW my son doesn't play HoI - he worries that his father is an addict though.
 

unmerged(28220)

First Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2004
205
0
ROA tech teams are much better for certain things but they lag when it comes to infantry development. ROA are better for industry (far better for industry), air (planes), land (if you go spearhead, Yukala might want to take a look at that because firepower focus is just not their specialty, give AI ROA spearhead), naval (oh man are they better at naval techs, you can have three ship techs researching at once! Imagine lvl 5 everything with lots of doctrine vs the comps lvl 2 junk with no doctrine :D), and special.

Generics are better for armor (somewhat Marmon Herrington is only 1 down from the tank factory and you have more specializations for other things like arty and such. Air doctrine isn't as good wrt the first two techs but gets much better afterwards. Infantry is a clear loser though as neither Springfield or winchester can compete with the two generic tech teams. All in all imo its a pretty fair trade although the AI's research priorities for ROA do not play to its strengths and so that's why they lag...
 

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
3.437
0
lloyd007 said:
ROA tech teams are much better for certain things but they lag when it comes to infantry development. ROA are better for industry (far better for industry), air (planes), land (if you go spearhead, Yukala might want to take a look at that because firepower focus is just not their specialty, give AI ROA spearhead), naval (oh man are they better at naval techs, you can have three ship techs researching at once! Imagine lvl 5 everything with lots of doctrine vs the comps lvl 2 junk with no doctrine :D), and special.

Generics are better for armor (somewhat Marmon Herrington is only 1 down from the tank factory and you have more specializations for other things like arty and such. Air doctrine isn't as good wrt the first two techs but gets much better afterwards. Infantry is a clear loser though as neither Springfield or winchester can compete with the two generic tech teams. All in all imo its a pretty fair trade although the AI's research priorities for ROA do not play to its strengths and so that's why they lag...

I am not ignoring all you have to say about tech teams, but here are some ideas.

When all tech teams are great and as here 95% every country the same then (to me) starts to feel like a 'wash out'.

How about taking the generic one and creating two specialized variants?

One for land powers
One for sea powers

And we can parse them out as three different kinds.

One generic as is.
One for land powers
One for sea powers

As for RoA, my feeling is that this is a 'fractured' nation who does not have access to the genius of the south and west, so I was reluctant to help them out. And they are one of the last originals...

But, you could write up your take on it so it stays unique and we can use for them.
 
Last edited:

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
4.890
0
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Sceenshot of my RoA game:

screensave02lg0.jpg
 

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
4.890
0
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
I'm very unsure of what to do now. I need to go after the French and their cronies but I'm not sure if I want to wait it out until they go to war in Europe. Quebec is very weak now, and I could reduce them to at least 30 IC without bombing fairly quickly. And I could annex them. Louisiana has territory in other lands so I fear that I couldn't beat them...
 

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
3.437
0
GeneralHannibal said:
I'm very unsure of what to do now. I need to go after the French and their cronies but I'm not sure if I want to wait it out until they go to war in Europe. Quebec is very weak now, and I could reduce them to at least 30 IC without bombing fairly quickly. And I could annex them. Louisiana has territory in other lands so I fear that I couldn't beat them...

What is the date?

There are random events that will push Imperial France into a European War, so that risk is only temporary.

You cannot go north in the winter. Need to time your campaigns carefully as to weather.

Good Luck, you look boxed in by mighty Imperial French.

Maybe hope the Sioux Nation helps you out.
:D
 

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
4.890
0
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Yukala said:
What is the date?

There are random events that will push Imperial France into a European War, so that risk is only temporary.

You cannot go north in the winter. Need to time your campaigns carefully as to weather.

Good Luck, you look boxed in by mighty Imperial French.

Maybe hope the Sioux Nation helps you out.
:D

It is October of 1931. I had a handsoff until Feb as the watchers and they went to war with Scotland, who was already being owned by Australia, England, and Copenhagen (yes, not Germany, but Copenhagen) :). They also made a white peace with Oregon and puppeted Desert. India got to war with the Ottomans somehow, and now besides dealing with Ethiopia, they need to deal with Romania in Bengal :D.

China has just sat since united, engaging in absolutely no wars...

Japan and Russia ate Mongolia. Poland and Ukraine were fighting for a while, looked like Ukraine would win, but as of the handsoff game in Feb Poland had turned the tide. Argentina (the country I ran away from in fear of Brazil) has been beating Brazil. It looks like there will be a showdown between Argentina and Columbia sometime soon, which I might take advantage of.

For some reason though, Germany couldn't take the two Northern provs of Estonia and they are still sitting there with their GARs, after years of war. Russia is at war with them also but can't do a thing. I'm thinking of just intervening and disbanding their troops...
 

unmerged(41995)

Lt. General
Apr 14, 2004
1.640
0
Just a bit of an update on what's been happening.

I am now playing as the RoA and things are looking very interesting. I am actually up to 1940. India is a giant striding the world - I don't have a clue yet how to tackle her! Ethipoia and a resurgent France are battling over the scraps of Europe and Scandinavia that remain.

But lets return to 1936 - I was still playing as India, and I started to receiev political sympathy - very nice but I was wondering Yukala could they influence my sliders? That would be a pain - but knowing you you probably have!

092601polsympathycl2.jpg


I have only taken a screenie of one of the new nations - these regulary crop up every 18 months or so. Some pose a real threat to the area they appear, while others seem disjointed and ineffective.

092602rebellioncd3.jpg


So back to the RoA. The Confederates posed a great challenge. Their infantry were more advanced and their naval bombers made mince meat out of my vessels if they attempted anything fancy. They also had annexed Columbia and were moving down the west coast of SA. I really enjoyed this campaign.

092604usvsconfedshc4.jpg


Some screenies of other countries at that time

Ethiopia

092605ethiopiadu5.jpg


A confused Europe

092606europeoq1.jpg


India

0092607indiahv9.jpg


After the Confederates - all that was left was Mexico. As they were a split nation - having to convoy supplies to their troops in SA where they were moppig up Brazil - I felt that I could easily divide and conquer. About 2 months into the campaign they annexed Brazil and they truened their attention and troops northward once more.

092608usvsmexicorf6.jpg


092609progressic6.jpg


092610moreprogresskr2.jpg


Finally I cleared the North American Continent - and began the slog south. It is a pain. To further complicate measures - Mexico is at war with Japan - and have taken numerous Islands in the pacific. Their naval fleet has destroyed my attempts to land troops on all but one Island (I will take screenies of the end of the campaign.

But remember France - whom I thought had been annexed and was actually 2 or 3 provinces surrounded by Iberia. I thought they were a spent force - Germany would crush them. HAH!

092611rememberfranceji5.jpg


Yukala your invasion AI is a pain in the proverbial.. I have enough worries trying to keep my conquests under control. My troops are spread around 2 continenets and now I have to face a horde of garlic eating French!
 

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
4.890
0
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Looks like everything is going well for America...

When do you intend to land next?
 
Last edited:

unmerged(41995)

Lt. General
Apr 14, 2004
1.640
0
092701fenchinvasionmn4.jpg


The defense of the peninsula took some rapid reorganising of my air assets. I started by bombing the AA and forsts, then moved on to interdiction and logistical strikes, then waited for the French to start to take territory, and I would attack newly arrived units, then use my bombers for ground attack missions.

This worked very well. The final superstack I brought what naval forces I had to bear and shore bombarded them as I attack from several directions. This finished them up. approximately 500,000 men and material were either destroyed or captured.

I had thought that even though the French had grown large once more that their forces would be out of date - and lots of militia. This was a bad assumption.

092702indiapu4.jpg


Onto the World of 1940 - India

092703europezs7.jpg


Europe

092704ethiopiagn5.jpg


Ethiopia

092705ic1941uv3.jpg


1941 and as you can see I am now around 1900IC followed by India and Ethiopia. My higher IC has come atr the cost of high Partisan levels and continous rebel takeovers of neglected provinces. I also have Island Provinces and some of Japan to incorporate into my Empire. This poses the problem of a fairly direct link to India - Not something I want to deal with right now.
 

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
3.437
0
My gosh, simply amazing!!
:D
So this is what can happen 10 and 11 years out. I have never seen the mod played out so many years.

So how would you deal with countries once they get so big?
:eek:

That was a large amphib by Imperial France, though I would say hitting you could be 'thankless'.
:cool:

What is the division count?
 

unmerged(41995)

Lt. General
Apr 14, 2004
1.640
0
Yukala said:
What is the division count?
Just booted the game up to see. As of Feb 13 1941

Order will be IND ETH ROA GER I will Start with overall numbers then breakdown.

Land Inf Cav LA Arm Par Mar Mtn Gar HQ
1476 296 94 87 83 113 167 166 393 77
786 246 69 52 107 55 92 83 45 37
740 68 41 78 46 20 58 65 355 9
232 64 18 19 17 10 27 26 37 18

Sea CV BB BC CA LC DD SS TP
696 37 52 92 82 108 155 170
369 9 31 78 85 56 42 68
146 1 42 13 7 40 23 20
145 1 ca 9 dd 45ss 90tp

Air Esc Int CAS Str Tac Nav Tra
362 52 106 41 29 61 59 34
211 23 100 5 39 2 22 20
206 30 30 12 20 90 24
3 1int 2cas

Remember that Germany has been to the brink at least 3 ties - but has somehow fought back - it is no wonder the number of units is so low. Als note that RoA has a vast number of Gar as a proportion of land units. When I realised that the war with Mexico was coming to an end I place large builds of Nav bombers to denfend against Ind or Eth if they came calling.

ROA sea units is shockingly low due to Mexican Naval Bomber attrition and naval debacles where I attempted to go head to head with the Mexicans
 

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
3.437
0
Well thanks!!

I think this is stable and evened out as one might ever hope an AI to be this large.

You are clearly out-numbered and they can fight on land, sea and air. So they are not to be take lightly.

This eleven years game time and there is still a game here to play.

Many thanks for this test.

I think beta2 is improved another step forward, so I am very happy about releasing it soon.

:D :cool: :D