• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yukala said:
Ok,

You know that designing around not being able to supply a major through her puppets is mostly accidental in my case. I just ran through the map in my head and see that in most places that does not change things much.

Two big areas though are Imperial France coming through House of Flanders into Imperial Germany, but I have noticed it gets sorted out.

In North America two stand out, Texas going NW into the Republic of Oregon through Deseret and the Sioux Nation generally going south through her puppet Sequoyah.

One sure solution, is to axe the puppet relationship in those situations and just have them be allies. I put in puppets just for the fun of it and to check it out. But they need not be necessarily in all cases. Just minor allies will due nicely.

What do you think?

If they are allies is it a problem?

Just thinking, but they are puppets and allies, so I don't think that that is it, and I don't believe that military access changes anything either...

It isn't a pressing issue, but just a reason to change from HOI2 to DD in the future sometime.

And just curious, but how hard would it be to transfer, or would you have to do everything from the "ground up"?

And yeah, I imagine that it could be a problem in North America as well...

Hm.....

GeneralHannibal said:
If they are allies is it a problem?

Just thinking, but they are puppets and allies, so I don't think that that is it, and I don't believe that military access changes anything either...

It isn't a pressing issue, but just a reason to change from HOI2 to DD in the future sometime.

And just curious, but how hard would it be to transfer, or would you have to do everything from the "ground up"?

And yeah, I imagine that it could be a problem in North America as well...

Hm.....

Allies have not problems with supply? Heck they switch entire fronts to be supplied from first one ally and then the other depending who is in best shape to pay for supplies.

But happens with humans? I has been so long since I actually played, but I think it is fine.

No, I actually think this puppet supply issue is more impactive than first meets the eye. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

But, I am too tired with it, to consider any major projects for a while like porting to another platform.

Well, I just went through the scenario inc files and nixed all puppet relationships entire. So now the only connections are by alliance. But these should hold just fine considering how simple and straight forward the diplomacy is. For instance every country has the same kind of government exactly.

I will let you know.
Keep truckin' and many thanks.

Well it is already working much better this way, mostly due to who gets the province.

So for Guild Imperium Beta1 changelog #2

Go into all puppet files and place a # in front of puppet and control lines. They are located just after the country tag.

Even though the puppeted countries now only minor allies also have what is called a 'puppet.ai' posted in next line following, ignore that and leave it as is, for that just a descriptive name I gave their ai's and will still apply.

Lafayette53 said:
I will post my playtest report tomorrow, as I haven't had the time yet, looking good so far.

Sounds great, thanks!
:D

GeneralHannibal said:
Have you won?

Be rest assured GeneralHannibal. As far as I know.

NO HUMAN has won Guild Imperium yet. With any country.

Will you be the first?
:rofl: :cool:

But of course it has been only with 6 people for mere days...
;)

Yukala said:
Be rest assured GeneralHannibal. As far as I know.

NO HUMAN has won Guild Imperium yet. With any country.

Will you be the first?
:rofl: :cool:

But of course it has been only with 6 people for mere days...
;)

It depends on what the criteria are for "win"

GeneralHannibal said:
It depends on what the criteria are for "win"

I have been thinking about that.

What about staying alive for three full years.
Highest VP except half the Imperial Russians VP as they start so darn high.
Triple your IC.
Conquer a continent.

Here are some screenshots from my Russia game. I built many infantry and armor at first, resulting in my army being bigger than the next two combined. My air force has stayed unused and is the same size to so far, which might hurt in the long run though...

War started on the morning of the 9th of April...

Front as of April 25

screensave2ri6.png

Ukraine Annexed as of June 22​

They only had garrisons at the beginning and were overrun, however, by the end they were putting up a fight and it took special para use to take some of the last provs, as well as overwhelming numbers sometimes. My current MP to refill divisions is 32 but I've had it on all campaign so I'd estimate I lost at least 50 MP (much from attrition). And I learned bad things about tanks and mud :eek:o. Never looked at the terrain much, but now I think I will...

The Poles didn't really do anything but stole one prov in the end. Also, just curious but is that 1 month waiting period for the AI still in effect?

Twenty-five day wait AI to AI.

Great job!!!!

I think you are ready for the big time!!
:D

There are however three exceptions to for the AI to AI rule which made it very interesting to script.

Para do not count as that is air.
Marines do not count at that navy
And with marines they can attack by land connection or ship and can do so with other non-marine divisions.

So one marine division puts the stack under naval control thus not subject to the 'front' ai.

However once either para or navals land their control 'reverts' to the front ai and they have to wait out till the 26th day. So they land and sit there because neither side will counter-attack until the wait period is over.

Took me awhile to observe and figure out these ai protocol quirks. That is one of the reasons I decided to rename para's to a special force unit.

So Poland would have to wait 25 days.

So there are some things in the human's favor and considering the general difficulty of mod that is well and fine.
:cool:

Oh and that was an early war, now if you were to war with the Kingdom of Ukraine two months later, like in the middle of June, well it would be an entirely different war.

Did you attempt to amend that file?
resources.inc?

If not it must have corrupted.

It has a bak. file named resource.inc.bak

pull the one named 'resource.inc' and you can email a copy to me and I'll check it.

Then rename the 'resource.inc.bak' to 'resource.inc' and that should do it.

Yukala said:
Did you attempt to amend that file?
resources.inc?

If not it must have corrupted.

It has a bak. file named resource.inc.bak

pull the one named 'resource.inc' and you can email a copy to me and I'll check it.

Then rename the 'resource.inc.bak' to 'resource.inc' and that should do it.

Thanks a lot Yukala,

great Loading Screen by the way! :cool:

Lafayette53 said:
Ok I got the same error message, I will send the file to you in a minute.

That is good, but you are using a HOI2_1.3a exe. with NTL?

That file refers to the province file thus map.

Yukala said:
That is good, but you are using a HOI2_1.3a exe. with NTL?

That file refers to the province file thus map.

No it switched to a 1.1 EXE somehow, wow I am dumb.. :eek:o

Sorry I will report back to you how I do in getting this to work again after a quick reinstall.

Lafayette53 said:
No it switched to a 1.1 EXE somehow, wow I am dumb.. :eek:o

Sorry I will report back to you how I do in getting this to work again after a quick reinstall.

No problem, it hung up on province 1850 by that line number and Paradox altered the map there from HOI2_1.1 to HOI2_1.3a.
:)

Yukala said:
Oh and that was an early war, now if you were to war with the Kingdom of Ukraine two months later, like in the middle of June, well it would be an entirely different war.

That is most certainly true :). Next I'm going to attack Finland, and then maybe Estonia/Sweden (who is getting beaten by Norseland).

In my first game as ROA I got DOWed right off the bat by France and her lackeys. Thankfully i had built up a large contingent of forces to take care of revolts in former Sioux territory and was able to knock out Louisiana easily. Quebec was tougher.

France wasted all of its paratroops and marines on a Liberian landing that quickly got cut off and killed by 1 infantry division and one paratroop division.

CSA got invaded by Mexico and looked to be on it's last legs but fought that off and is now stronger than ever. And most of the rest of the world is in stalemate now except for Japan which is quickly destroying the Mongolians.

France is definitely the most powerful nation in the world for one reason... airforce. As ROA it was all i could do to use paratroops to take the airfields before my ground forces were mauled by CAS and my actual IC went down to 170 from over 300 at points.

I abandoned the game when i didn't realize partisans cannot be reduced and lost 30 or so cavalry/garrison divisions due to massive revolts in former territories.

One thing that you might want to look at is the IC calculations. I had less real IC after annexing Louisiana and Quebec than I did at the beginning of the war and it was a lot (300 or so real ic from 250 base is now 250 real from 400 base)

------------------------------

I then started a game as Germany (I made a minor change to their tech team file in that i copied Ford Motor Co. over so I could have a management/mechanics tech team). My first target was Austria. The entire continent of Europe + New Carthage declared war on Italy ASAP (ic went from 200 to 0 in a week :eek: ) and I decided to backstab. Austria was easy until I overreached and got stuck in the mountainous provinces of the south but my mountaineers cleared that out and all in all that war took 5 months from april to september. Italy has one province left and will be annexed as soon as someone marches to it.

Last edited: