• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Really enjoying it, but I just played a game as Imperial Mexico. I thought at the start that they were unbalanced, but I'm not sure if they were just supposed to be a superpower but they had 4 HQs, 4 Imperial Storm Troops, 6 STR bombers, pretty much triple the OOB I'm used to. That didnt bother me too much though, I built 9 armor, 27 infantry and 9 TAC bombers in 4 months and annexed Texas and Deseret in 7.

I stopped playing a little after I annexed Texas though because they rebelled, and it didnt work right. Instead of giving the Texans independence and then declaring war, the civil war command was used and 50% of my army went to the Texans, and all of Texas so Texas controlled about 60% of all my new territory, 21 divisions out of my stack of divisions which was in Desert, so I lost my whole army and all I had left was bombers and garrisons.

The civil war command shouldnt be used in an event like that. I dont think just because Texas rebels, that half of all Mexicans in the army would join them. :confused:

Other than this and the slowdown, the mod has been great and the most fun I've had playing HoI2.

I've got a question though, is there any point to the Watchers? They have 1200 divisions and probably 100+ planes and ships which is probably causing a lot of the slowdown problem.

I've given them an event that destroys their divisions and gives them a lot of - manpower and a - manpower percentage and I'll test it out to see if the game slows down less this weekend.

Kibbles said:
Really enjoying it, but I just played a game as Imperial Mexico. I thought at the start that they were unbalanced, but I'm not sure if they were just supposed to be a superpower but they had 4 HQs, 4 Imperial Storm Troops, 6 STR bombers, pretty much triple the OOB I'm used to. That didnt bother me too much though, I built 9 armor, 27 infantry and 9 TAC bombers in 4 months and annexed Texas and Deseret in 7.

I stopped playing a little after I annexed Texas though because they rebelled, and it didnt work right. Instead of giving the Texans independence and then declaring war, the civil war command was used and 50% of my army went to the Texans, and all of Texas so Texas controlled about 60% of all my new territory, 21 divisions out of my stack of divisions which was in Desert, so I lost my whole army and all I had left was bombers and garrisons.

The civil war command shouldnt be used in an event like that. I dont think just because Texas rebels, that half of all Mexicans in the army would join them. :confused:

Other than this and the slowdown, the mod has been great and the most fun I've had playing HoI2.

I've got a question though, is there any point to the Watchers? They have 1200 divisions and probably 100+ planes and ships which is probably causing a lot of the slowdown problem.

I've given them an event that destroys their divisions and gives them a lot of - manpower and a - manpower percentage and I'll test it out to see if the game slows down less this weekend.

Holy, moly I never new that could happen!!! By what date?

Gosh darn, I alway play them and do nothing so I did not know.
:D

That Texas civil_war is on purpose, many (well in your case of bad luck) Mexicans want a Republic, not a Imperium. So the event reads, both Texans and Mexicans sympathizers rebel, I think.

Anyone else keep track of what the Watchers are doing?

Thanks.

And I am really glad you are having fun, and all this feedback is helping to sort out some 'wrinkles'.

Imperial Mexico is meant to be an 'unstable super-power' propped up by European Imperiums and as such is meant to fall apart from within. And I have not yet put in all the ways she should fall apart. So playing her would be a real feat of patience and luck.

The AI Watchers have 1800+ units by 1932 :wacko: Maybe you should just give them units to start out with instead of them having an ever increasing number. By 1933 my game is slowed to a crawl and virtually unplayable despite having a Core 2 Duo top of the line processor. Would there be any way for you to hotfix this maybe?

lloyd007 said:
The AI Watchers have 1800+ units by 1932 :wacko: Maybe you should just give them units to start out with instead of them having an ever increasing number. By 1933 my game is slowed to a crawl and virtually unplayable despite having a Core 2 Duo top of the line processor. Would there be any way for you to hotfix this maybe?

Well that teaches me something!!

go into their inc file...

scenarios/Guild Imperium/"a_thewatchers"

find under country = {

about 20 lines down:

peacetime_ic_mod = 3.0

change to.

peacetime_ic_mod = 0.1

That will do it!!

lloyd007 said:
So they don't get units through events? Just through building?

No.

Makes ya wonder. I gave them heaps of stockpiles and money, same OOB mp as any average country and small country mp rate. 0.36?

There is only one event pertaining to them and that only addresses military access.

So how could they make 1800 units in so little time? When everyone else can only make a few hundred?

Can you load as them and see what the heck they are doing?
:rofl:

Yeah, I"ve been experienced the Watcher mega-build up as well. Can we edit the values mid-game or will it not take effect until a new one's started?

Oh, and is there a world energy shortage or is it just my little corner of the world? (mid-east)

VILenin said:
Yeah, I"ve been experienced the Watcher mega-build up as well. Can we edit the values mid-game or will it not take effect until a new one's started?

Oh, and is there a world energy shortage or is it just my little corner of the world? (mid-east)

Ok I know what this is.

It is the TAG

Change the watchers tag from ALI to YEM

That Alien tag does funny things.
:eek:

and hopefully the one event dependant on that tag does not CTD the game. You will know it triggers fast.

Let me know, sorry guys

Ahh, that does explain it. And I just thought it was an AI on steroids!

Yukala said:
No.

Makes ya wonder. I gave them heaps of stockpiles and money, same OOB mp as any average country and small country mp rate. 0.36?

There is only one event pertaining to them and that only addresses military access.

So how could they make 1800 units in so little time? When everyone else can only make a few hundred?

Can you load as them and see what the heck they are doing?

I tried the peacetime modifier... no dice as a game with imperial germany they had 100+ land divisions by March, 1930 :eek:

Ok loading up on the germany game they had 5ic useable. Had one fort building. They had 9 max carriers and 70 or so max inf divisions and 300 manpower. They are obviously not getting these through building them. I'll try loading up a game as taiwan. Maybe they are getting them through the guild fascist events?

Last edited:
lloyd007 said:
I tried the peacetime modifier... no dice as a game with imperial germany they had 100+ land divisions by March, 1930 :eek:

The Watchers tag need be swapped.

mininum.

a_watchers inc file tag = ALI to YEM

Guild Imperium eug. two places where ALI is selectable need be changed to YEM

All the db stuff and descriptions are optional.

VILenin said:
Ahh, that does explain it. And I just thought it was an AI on steroids!

Ya, I will 'save it for later'.
:eek:

When you swap in ALI as a revolter they come with ALL TECHS.

lloyd007 said:
I edited my post above. How do I swap tags?

Sorry about this.

From the top

scenario folder/
Guild Imperium folder/
a_thewatchers.inc
country = {
tag = ALI switch to YEM

then in the scenarios folder find the Guild_Imperium.eug

and swap the ALI tag to YEM in TWO places.

db files and descriptions are optional.

lloyd007 said:
Swapping ALI with YEM in the two places I could find it in the eug file caused the game to crash on loading the scenario :(

Ya it will until you also do it in the a_thewatchers.inc file located in the scenarios/Guild Imperium folder.

Yeah, thats what caused it. I had noticed they were building a division a day, even though I gave them -20,000 manpower and a -2000 manpower percentage, an event that deletes 300 divisions and took their money and all their resources down to 100.

I hope you dont mind Yukala, but I've made a little patch that will correct the problem for anyone who cant fix it. Its a small download, just copy everything in this folder and paste it into your main Guild Imperium folder, overwrite everything.

This will make it so the Watchers dont build a division a day, fixing a lot of the slowdown problem hopefully. It switches The Watchers to Yemen and switches the flag, shield, description and color with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2pcmzxdgzsm

One problem now though, the Watchers dont have ministers. Maybe you could put yourself in?

I noticed that when I overrun an AI early in the game and I get their build order, they arent really building much stuff that can help them. I think a seperate build order should be used for the first 4 months maybe that focuses more on infantry, armor and calvary instead of naval bombers, mountain troops and navys.

It looks like 51% of the build order is land, but maybe keep it less diverse for the first 4 months and use 25% on infantry, 5% on calvary and 10% on armor (or some other ratio) and the other 11% on marines, paratroopers and everything else. I think this would make the AI able to stand up to a player whose rushing with calvary like I do.

Theres other ways to solve it to I guess. Maybe more dissent for an early war (just make an event with no country field giving dissent for atwar = yes and not at war with guild fascist) or something. You'd probably have to give them an event in the beginning of the game warning them.

Gosh many gracious thanks, Kibbles!!

Now that idea of placing pics of a bunch of old meddling wizards as the ministers for The Watchers, may be to hard to pass up, before I am done with this mod. :cool:

I have been keeping up on feedback, fixes and suggestions all around and I have a special ai for land-locked countries which are generally smaller anyway, to quick build cavalry and storm the gates as it were. The Sioux Nation for instance is doing much better against the Republic of America or the Republic of Oregon precisely for using such an ai strategy.

But I do like and have thought long and hard about events designed to hammer early wars, yet I have held off because I have some ai's do it and am still generally reluctant to impose fixes that do not treat the human equally as the ai's; as is game possible.

So, work a rounds?
I could build a special 1st year ai that is switched to normal naval builds etc. Probably an eight month switch maybe.

Other ideas I have used before but put off was increasing the OOB with more infantry etc, but on tight play the human could still out run this. So I have not succumbed to it.

I have yet a few more ideas, some just newly done, but maybe better to just do them and have them blindly beta tested to see if they can be beat?

Again so much thanks for your support.

Kibbles has the fix. Unfortunately just switching tags doesn't work it just makes the watchers unplayable but they're still there beaming down or gating in hundreds of divisions if you play another country. Also any games already started will have that in there so you're going to have to restart. Playing a fast handsoff game as the pirates the game stayed very fast well into September 1930 when it before had already slowed down to 'normal' speed at 'extremely fast' setting.