• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Guild Imperium Modder Tidbit and Hints

I thought I would put down some thoughts and insights from my design point of view and what I have observed developing this mod Guild Imperium.

First suggestion is from my own laziness.

Start up the game as 'The Watchers' let it play to 15 January 1930 which is 11 days game time.

Save game and quit.

Now load up the saved game and choose your favorite country.

Here you will find the AI's make choices of early deployment, unit builds and tech team research as good as you might but all the set-up 'work is done'.
:D

DoW will still not start up for two months or more generally, so your choices for that will not be hampered.

Next hint

Next hint.

Study very, very carefully the unit modifier screen. And the map terrain itself. You will need to pay close attention those two factors in conjunction with the weather.

What is the unit modifier screen?

GeneralHannibal said:
What is the unit modifier screen?

Statistics Tab

Scroll down about on third way down and there find:

Army Unit Modifiers
Naval Unit Modifiers
Air Unit Modifiers

Using militia in emergencies

Using militia in case of emergency.

Here is one of the design ideas behind the very 'unbalanced unit' of militia, in game it called something else.

Let say you are the Republic of America and find yourself suddenly at war from all sides and know you cannot defend the line or four borders.

You still need to decide where to hold the lines, but let say you have 300 mp. Start several runs of building militia. The cost is high and you can with 300 mp, build in less than two weeks 20 militia and post them on your lines. Then they start to lock down or entrench.

They are impervious to air attack so no need to worry about air cover. They will be near useless in counter attacks and certainly if you think use them to conquer the world. But they hold urban and forest areas like a charm. Open areas not good at all. Average in mountains/hills I believe. And there special units that can root them out of anywhere, but they take time to bring up and apply properly.

So you have bought time. When these militia get hit from the ground they 'melt' pretty darn fast.

But, you get your mp back with a bonus so start building regular line units right away and hope you hold long enough with some dignity to end up with a more normal looking infantry army in a few months. Providing you are still holding some lines and protecting some back IC production.

This is the idea. Nice to see if anyone can make it work or if it works?
:cool:

Learn from the AI <smiles>

Alright, I decided to learn from the AI on how to as Imperial Germany quickly invade the Kingdom of Sweden and take care of business swiftly well, before the rest of Europe possibly comes down your throat.

Since I built the AI, I think it is fair I 'learn' from it.
:cool:

War starts early April 1930 and Imperial Germany starts it off with air and 4 paratrooper, then follows with amphibious attack to link up and attacks from the south by island and throws in some naval bombardment to boot.

Nice job really. Very impressive. I will see sometime if I can manage so well.

Next series and then some area and viewed out shots.

Last series of pictures. The Polish and Russians are early at it. :D

Why don't you show us how you did?

GeneralHannibal said:
Why don't you show us how you did?

Simple, I have not played past may 3rd 1930 cause I am still being the modder.

That was actually a second test game with/ no puppets/ alliance only.

Worked nice and the first test has a screen I want to share soon that is real interesting.

Christiandk said:
?!?!?!??!

Sweden has Danish King & Danish Minister?!?!?

Thats messed up XD

It would fit with norway ( No offence ) But SWEDEN?

The Danes migrated north.

You'd have to ask Napoleon's grandson about that one, I think he did not want to marry a Swede, but was fine with Danish.
:rofl:

Now as the betas are playing more and discovering things, some of which I have 'mum' about to see how the betas do and what they discover on their own etc.

Much for me to be learned this way.

But now that a few of you have annexed a few immediate neighbors you have no doubt been discovering that this gives puts you into an new situation.

One, your IC does not improve much, but they will in 1 to 2 years. This curbs expansion at a slowed rate. So sometimes maybe make peace if there is too much to assimulate at once and come back to the rump later.

It is 1 -2 years because you can 'greatly' affect it by placing key partisan suppressors in all urban provinces and fast responding cavs dotted out in the countryside.

If you however cannot do this you will simply lose control of your annexed country. And in later beta's I hope to place an event string that triggers new country rebellions if you lose control of many provinces for a varied length of time.

But, you can gain greatly by doing the above.

How quickly do partisans slow down?

GeneralHannibal said:
How quickly do partisans slow down?

2% per month on their own.

This is normal partisan activity.

However, there are three areas of the world where something other than 'normal partisan' activity occurs and each with a permenant cure.

Sioux lands taken by Republic of America or French Quebec or Republic of Oregon (each having their own claims on Sioux lands).

Here you can will run into big trouble and you have three choices mainly. Do not invade or make those claims. If you accept the claims and then it is too much to handle, try to give the provinces back. Or press on and DoW the Sioux Nation and annex it entire, for this permanately cures those massive uprisings.

Same for Argentinean Empire against the Pervian Empire or the Brazilian Empire.

The last is the Persian Empire and Indian going after Afghanistan in a like manner.

Last edited:
Yukala said:
2% per month on their own.

So only 76% after a year?

Guess its not so bad....

GeneralHannibal said:
So only 76% after a year?

Guess its not so bad....

Yes, but if you do not post divisions on anti-partisan duty, then you would soon not get anything, cause you will lose complete control of the whole area in a few months.

Hint: If desperate then try releasing them as a minor ally or puppet. I think I have that placed in there correctly.

Yukala said:
Yes, but if you do not post divisions on anti-partisan duty, then you would soon not get anything, cause you will lose complete control of the whole area in a few months.

Hint: If desperate then try releasing them as a minor ally or puppet. I think I have that placed in there correctly.

So each time you lose control it starts over again?

GeneralHannibal said:
So each time you lose control it starts over again?

No, it goes down 2% per month no matter what as I understand. Partisan levels are set only at point of annexing. I have no events or lines of code anywhere 'assigning' partisan levels. (I did in RiskBattle however, but pulled them all out in Guild Imperium)

It seems tough enough now as is. :D

I would like to know if the 'revolt' file is built correctly though. Could you go into your game and seek to release the Kingdom of Ukraine?

Yukala said:
No, it goes down 2% per month no matter what as I understand. Partisan levels are set only at point of annexing. I have no events or lines of code anywhere 'assigning' partisan levels. (I did in RiskBattle however, but pulled them all out in Guild Imperium)

It seems tough enough now as is. :D

I would like to know if the 'revolt' file is built correctly though. Could you go into your game and seek to release the Kingdom of Ukraine?

*goes to check*