• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So Brazil actually formed from this?

therev said:
Military as of September 1936 (no build queue additions from me)

inf 41
cav 5
LA 53
A 30
Para 32 (+4 in queue)
Mar 60 (+11)
Mtn 18
Gar 19
HQ 14
BB 4
BC 17 (+11)
CA 15 (+5)
DD 7
SS 17
TP 83
Esc 2
Int 2 (+5)
CAS 2 (+3)
Str 4
Tac 6
Nav 14 (+3)
Tra 22

I have checked div names and there are numerous South African and New Zealand land units - but they are not exp forces rather they are AST - maybe that is where the AI got around the Hard coded 30 uinit limit - Sneaky AI :eek:

Well this AI build is just fantastic and yes her having two minor allies is I believe what make those number higher. You could load up around the world compare build que of nations never having a minor ally that are also large.

And having the game so functionaly 6 years out just tickles me as that is what the event I am working on now, ones to better balance the game through that time period.

So again how did Brazil come into existence??

Yukala said:
Well this AI build is just fantastic and yes her having two minor allies is I believe what make those number higher. You could load up around the world compare build que of nations never having a minor ally that are also large.

I will do this when I get a moment today - I was thinking of starting a new game - who would you like me to play?

Yukala said:
And having the game so functionaly 6 years out just tickles me as that is what the event I am working on now, ones to better balance the game through that time period.
Yukala - why am I feeling that this will mean extra grief for human players????? :(

Yukala said:
So again how did Brazil come into existence??
My best guess - viewing events from Australia was that Oregon withdrew the Cavalry peacekeepers I always have in conquered areas - to take on the Confederates. This meant that the AI was relying on bombers to destroy militias before they could start taking out other provs. But when I think about it Rio de Janiro had a double Gar/MP and it was one of the rebelling provs. The Oregon AI might have withdrawn them.

I will check that out as well today and get back to you

Well what I was referring to is did Brazil go completely out of existence game wise and then come back as a 'released' as by AI action?

What I looking for now in beta testing is seeking the opportunity of waging an envolved war mostly one on one so as to experience AI battle performances on a extended land front.

Like for instance Imperial Germay vs. the Austrian Empire.

Or Kingdom of Poland vs. Imperial Russia etc. But not to early so the AI has build time so maybe around August 15th 1930 at the very earliest.

That one on one feeling is what I am looking for.

Many thanks and sorry to those now waiting upon Beta2, but when you get it that as well.

I have watched hundreds of times AI to AI in similiar circumstances. Often the human starts to seek 'an advantage or angle' but it is the one on one dual that is so important AI development wise.

I'm thinking of trying one, which country should I play for the 1 v. 1 match that you would like me to play?

Thoughts that come to mind are:

Texas v. Mexico
Oregon v. Mexico
RoA v. CSA
South American Country v. Other South American Country
African Country v. African Country
Indonesia v. Australia
Iberia v. New Carthage
Land of Khem v. Ottoman Empire
France v. Iberia
France v. Scotland
France v. Germany
France v. Italy
Germany v. Austria
Italy v. Austria
Poland v. Russia
Poland v. Austria
House Rasoky v. Someone
Russia v. Sweden/Estonia/Finland
Germany v. Poland
Sweden v. Gerany
India v. Siam
Persia v. Ottomans

Any particular one that I should try out?

GeneralHannibal said:
I'm thinking of trying one, which country should I play for the 1 v. 1 match that you would like me to play?

Thoughts that come to mind are:

Texas v. Mexico
Oregon v. Mexico
RoA v. CSA
South American Country v. Other South American Country
African Country v. African Country
Indonesia v. Australia
Iberia v. New Carthage
Land of Khem v. Ottoman Empire
France v. Iberia
France v. Scotland
France v. Germany
France v. Italy
Germany v. Austria
Italy v. Austria
Poland v. Russia
Poland v. Austria
House Rasoky v. Someone
Russia v. Sweden/Estonia/Finland
Germany v. Poland
Sweden v. Gerany
India v. Siam
Persia v. Ottomans

Any particular one that I should try out?

Or an near even match is Kingdom of Ukraine vs Kingdom of Poland either way. Just use 'acceptall' to keep everyone else out of your hair.

Any particular counties I should play as. Should I generally be the stronger one or the weaker one?

GeneralHannibal said:
Any particular counties I should play as. Should I generally be the stronger one or the weaker one?

Both, especially if you lose a lot. :D

And for those I definately want details, pictures, sad stories etc.
:rofl:

First I shall play as Texas :)

However, I don't plan to get myself out of any and all wars as that would handicap the AI because they have to guard the border as well.

I started the game, but Mexico DoWed Columbia on June 11. Should I reload a savegame from June 1 and make Non-Aggression Pacts between Mexico and Columbia so as to keep it 1 v. 1 (or two on two because of puppets ;)). Also, Russia is at war with Ukraine, the Ottomans and Mongolia. Not good for them :D. Imperial China is beating Guaxi and Yunnan very well, nearly half of Guaxi is taken. Louisiana and France are eating up the CSA, but for some reason the RoA is just standing and watching rather than getting their slice of the pie. Was I playing the RoA, I would certainly attack just to grab some land. And no, they are not engaged in any wars that would stop them.

So far, my army is slightly bigger than Mexico's, but I'm not sure of how far I'll get due to terrain...

finally got my imageshack firefox thingy running!!!!

three images (Sorry about the second- I really have to force myself to have nofog on!)

This is now defunct - but you get a feel for Oregon - allied with USA makes it the most powerful alliance in world at that time followed by Ottomans.

The third pic is of Japan's cabinet. Have also discovered that House of Rakoczy (?) is in simliar situation.

FYI - I am going to play Germany - a test run has shown they have no air generals and few land and sea commanders

1934oregonej4.jpg

1934europegd3.jpg

japanscabinetlr1.jpg

Nice pics, thanks, but I think your install is off.

All files are there, did you just add the exe file and keep all others on the tree as is?

It is important not to muddle with any vanilla files what-so-ever, else other things could also get spoiled.

Yukala said:
It is important not to muddle with any vanilla files what-so-ever, else other things could also get spoiled.

That could be so. I use JGSME (?) I think is the name for transferring files in and out of vanilla. All it does is overwrite all the files that the mod have changed - it does not touch any of the others as I understand it.

therev said:
That could be so. I use JGSME (?) I think is the name for transferring files in and out of vanilla. All it does is overwrite all the files that the mod have changed - it does not touch any of the others as I understand it.

That will not work well.

I would start a new HOI file tree named Guild Imperium and unzip and load file tree as is. Then in that first folder add your exe. only and the few simple txt files that are found with it in that first folder. They mostly just record your personal settings at start-up but may need be there in name only. The exe. HOI2_1.3a with NTL applied is key.

Default protocols can screw up what is loaded and used and what is not.

I have basically 'reversed' the sequence. All is there because I have rebuilt near everything from the ground up. Basically all you add is your exe.

For Beta2, maybe I will 'draw a picture'.
:D

therev said:
I will make a new Folder and add the exe file

:D
Oh well, so far it is just beta1 and more practice making better and better.

Thanks though I really appreciate your work!!
:cool:

Looks like an interesting game :)

Have now done what I said I'd do above - and eveything goes swell!

In fact I decided to give it a go playing the House of Rakozny - what a joy ride thats been!

I need to confess that I DoW'd the Pirates - I intend to do this whatever nation I am playing. To rid me of the Peace problem and I justify it by the thought that Pirates are a menace to international trade - the Phantom would understand!

In July 1930 The Ottomans DoW'd me - I had hoped for a longer build up and I had placed my troops on the polish border to invaid them. This was to give me a long border with a couple of different enemies - so I could play out your ideas for long land border conflicts and give a report.

Naturally these plans were put on hold and I have struggled to keep the Ottomans and their puppets at bay.

I finished of her puppets Greece and Romania (?) by the end of September - and now am trying to make them see sense and offer me a cease fire - I would even go for a white peace - even though I control Istanbul. My other borders are very vulnerable (even though all my immediate neighbours are busy fighting others!

The Pirates have sent one invasion fleet which landed and captured dubrovnik - but not for long.. I intend in the not too distant futrue to take the fight to them - Level II TPs are awesome. I will have to wait though as the Ottomans have practically destroyed my fleet including my LevII Tps.

I will post some pics tomorrow hopefully.

Yukala, in the future, you should make something happen if people DoW the "special nations". Perhaps skyrocketing dissent if you DoW the Armed Traders or Watchers, and the pirates should have an amazing navy with battleships and carriers galore, as well as a large amount of marines and paras.

Yeah DOWing the watchers should be a huge no-no. Same with the Armed Traders. Maybe something like if you DOW the watchers they get tons of free stuff like 1945 divisions and max tech ships and planes (maybe even nukes). DOWing the AT brings in all the ai controlled imperial powers against you (since the imperials and guilds are mega pissed at you daring to disrupt commerce!) as well as 'revolts'

The Pirates should start with a lot of extra techs in air and naval techs and doctrines and like GH said have a kickass fleet and AF capable of decimating any hapless nation that dares to take them on!

Also none of the specials imo should be allowed to ally (except maybe the pirates).