• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just released Ukraine. I assume that in the future, released puppets may have chances to revolt against you ;)?

puppetukrainevz8.jpg

GeneralHannibal said:
I just released Ukraine. I assume that in the future, released puppets may have chances to revolt against you ;)?

puppetukrainevz8.jpg

Just beautiful!!

Well not without some events I imagine...

Would you want it that way or do now just want to go off and conquer others?

Just had an unpleasant event...

I lost all my airplanes but my Transports in Orol, didn't know there would be a revolt...

Anyway, Lukily I got a bunch of Infantry divs from it. I think that you shouldn't give so many divs to contain the riots. Also, rather than just do partisans, why not make a civil war?

revoltszv4.jpg

GeneralHannibal said:
Just had an unpleasant event...

I lost all my airplanes but my Transports in Orol, didn't know there would be a revolt...

Anyway, Lukily I got a bunch of Infantry divs from it. I think that you shouldn't give so many divs to contain the riots. Also, rather than just do partisans, why not make a civil war?

revoltszv4.jpg

What do you mean you got a bunch of infantry divisions from it? Is it that that stack lower left corner? What is their nature. Why? I wrote no event to give out units what so ever??

Well time my friend time is why you have this event and not 'revolt nations' yet...
:D

Oh and back to that release of the Kingdom of Ukraine. Did you check if their partisan level resets to zero or stays high for them?

Oh and oops, that is the 'fourth way' one can experience a massive partisan revolt. :cool:
:rofl:

Yukala said:
What do you mean you got a bunch of infantry divisions from it? Is it that that stack lower left corner? What is their nature. Why? I wrote no event to give out units what so ever??

Well time my friend time is why you have this event and not 'revolt nations' yet...

Oh and back to that release of the Kingdom of Ukraine. Did you check if their partisan level resets to zero or stays high for them?

Oh, maybe it was just a lucky coincidence that a bunch of infantry were deployed when the revolts happen?

When I released Ukraine, the partisin levels went to 0 (I think since they had 97 IC)

What are the other 3 ways to experience massive revolt?

Well, nothing like a foreign war to unite the masses so I guess I'll DoW Finland while fighting a civil war :D

GeneralHannibal said:
Oh, maybe it was just a lucky coincidence that a bunch of infantry were deployed when the revolts happen?

When I released Ukraine, the partisin levels went to 0 (I think since they had 97 IC)

What are the other 3 ways to experience massive revolt?

Well, nothing like a foreign war to unite the masses so I guess I'll DoW Finland while fighting a civil war :D

Thanks and I listed them in the modder's tidbit thread.

That's the spirit!!!

But I really am curious, what is the point of GARs if they don't surpress...

Anyway, will show you screenies in a moment (had to reload to check the Ukraine thing, but everything else is the same except I still have my planes).

GeneralHannibal said:
But I really am curious, what is the point of GARs if they don't surpress...

Anyway, will show you screenies in a moment (had to reload to check the Ukraine thing, but everything else is the same except I still have my planes).

Garrisons have a suppression inherent of '6'. That is high.
imperial police have an '8', together that is '14'.

That is very substantial.
But despite that, you cannot 'instantly' get around 'time' unless you commit several in one location, which is expensive and only worthwhile in urban areas, of which there are plenty of those.

Patience...

Yukala said:
Garrisons have a suppression inherent of '6'. That is high.
imperial police have an '8', together that is '14'.

That is very substantial.
But despite that, you cannot 'instantly' get around 'time' unless you commit several in one location, which is expensive and only worthwhile in urban areas, of which there are plenty of those.

Patience...

OK

And I just switched my comp off with my feet accidentally so I'll have to re-do the Finland campaign where the enemy only had around 22 divs. Steamrolled by my infantry...

GeneralHannibal said:
OK

And I just switched my comp off with my feet accidentally so I'll have to re-do the Finland campaign where the enemy only had around 22 divs. Steamrolled by my infantry...

A minor power to be sure. It takes them a year to gain some reasonable strength (and I think their economy is good, I hope been awhile since I checked).

What is the date?

I have thought off and on to place them with Estonia as one of Sweden's minor allies. What do you think? Since the balance of power changes inherent in Beta1.a I am more strongly leaning to it.

Yukala said:
A minor power to be sure. It takes them a year to gain some reasonable strength (and I think their economy is good, I hope been awhile since I checked).

What is the date?

I have thought off and on to place them with Estonia as one of Sweden's minor allies. What do you think? Since the balance of power changes inherent in Beta1.a I am more strongly leaning to it.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, as on their own they were fairly easy to take (I think I may have used around 76 divs total). They held me off a while, particularly int he areas around Helsinki, but with my Mts and Paras coming South from Murmansk and the others coming north, there was no chance. I think it would be a good idea, although I'd have still attacked them as Sweden is currently losing a war to Norseland.

GeneralHannibal said:
Wouldn't be a bad idea, as on their own they were fairly easy to take (I think I may have used around 76 divs total). They held me off a while, particularly int he areas around Helsinki, but with my Mts and Paras coming South from Murmansk and the others coming north, there was no chance. I think it would be a good idea, although I'd have still attacked them as Sweden is currently losing a war to Norseland.

That is still over 3 to 1 advantage?
What are the dates?

Most of the time Imperial Russia is having to fight on more one front at a time. This is generally critical to maintain balance in the area.

Yukala said:
That is still over 3 to 1 advantage?
What are the dates?

Most of the time Imperial Russia is having to fight on more one front at a time. This is generally critical to maintain balance in the area.

Nobody DoWed me, perhaps due to luck (Poland is tied up with Austria and Germany, Sweden with Norseland/Scotand). I'm not sure what the Ottomans are up to but if they had attacked me when I was at war with Finland and during the revolts, things might have gone badly. Also, those partisans should have advanced a bit more, they usually stayed still. Had they advanced, I'd have been in deep trouble.

But I don't really know what to do to "surprise myself", and the AI just isn't attacking me...

GeneralHannibal said:
Nobody DoWed me, perhaps due to luck (Poland is tied up with Austria and Germany, Sweden with Norseland/Scotand). I'm not sure what the Ottomans are up to but if they had attacked me when I was at war with Finland and during the revolts, things might have gone badly. Also, those partisans should have advanced a bit more, they usually stayed still. Had they advanced, I'd have been in deep trouble.

But I don't really know what to do to "surprise myself", and the AI just isn't attacking me...

Partisans are hard-coded to hold for a month plus one more turn past a day 30. So they could 'sit' there up to almost 2 months before they go on the offensive.

That is why I made them tougher and have there be a lot of them.

Yukala said:
Partisans are hard-coded to hold for a month plus one more turn past a day 30. So they could 'sit' there up to almost 2 months before they go on the offensive.

That is why I made them tougher and have there be a lot of them.

How tough are they?

They shouldn't be able to beat a fully-organized Cavalry II or III one-on-one...

And it requires so much mirco-managment

Here is a screenshot from the Russian game of January '31...

morerevoltsed1.jpg

You can also see that France has almost beat Germany (this is with allies not puppets) and other stuff. Also, Iberia annexed Ireland, and Italy now has Tunesia and most of Algeria from New Carthage...

Just saying, but maybe there should be less partisans or they should be a little weaker...

As of now I find it harder to defeat the Partisans that it was to defeat Finland or Ukraine...

Wow House Rakoczy took the Empire of Austria, that is unusual.

Well, you got to have something to slow down your mighty armies. :D Well until I fix Finland up a little.

Cavalry are not meant to take on militia, unless you catch them on the plains or desert. To vulnerable especially in wooded areas, urban or swamps. Remember, there is no unit good for all terrain, all weather or against anybody everywhere. It is more like chess.

Yukala said:
Wow House Rakoczy took the Empire of Austria, that is unusual.

Well, you got to have something to slow down your mighty armies. :D Well until I fix Finland up a little.

Cavalry are not meant to take on militia, unless you catch them on the plains or desert. To vulnerable especially in wooded areas, urban or swamps. Remember, there is no unit good for all terrain, all weather or against anybody everywhere. It is more like chess.

How are HA's?

GeneralHannibal said:
How are HA's?

Heavy Assault should do fine against militia in most cases except urban and little better than urban in forests. I figure militia are hard to locate and pin down in those two cases.

Yukala said:
Heavy Assault should do fine against militia in most cases except urban and little better than urban in forests. I figure militia are hard to locate and pin down in those two cases.

Well, I have at least 3 GAR in every urban, so that shouldn't a a problem. What's best in forest?