• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GeneralHannibal said:
A new modding site?

What does this mean?

For copyright reasons; for I wish to develop in earnest a 'storyboard' for Guild Imperium and a 'White Paper' on psychology of Artificial Intelligence. Which I think is the future of computer science whether for good or bad.

I will only be utilizing HOI2_1.3a as a platform for discussion and application. That is what I want to do for now among other business ventures not related to HOI but will be located with the same family of sites.

I think Storyboards are more valuable than game platforms that can emulate them. That prejudice probably stems from being a 'writer'. :D

I will keep a minimal posting of progress and access here however. As with all things it takes a bit of time...
:eek:

A white paper on AI psychology. Sounds interesting, if a bit out of the ordinary...

But the modding work will continue, no?

Or could you just release the version you have out right now?

GeneralHannibal said:
A white paper on AI psychology. Sounds interesting, if a bit out of the ordinary...

But the modding work will continue, no?

Or could you just release the version you have out right now?

Yep does continue, albeit a trifle slow.

Current version works but is not in complete enough to publish here.

However, I was thinking of different method of modding for my new site.

One where I publish as is and then updated it frequently no matter what was done or 'undone', more like a live blog of sorts. Stepped up back and forth input from any and all who care to join in. This will be more doable when I can keep files online and just password secure the site itself entire.

Hope you join me there from time to time.
:cool:

Yukala said:
Yep does continue, albeit a trifle slow.

Current version works but is not in complete enough to publish here.

However, I was thinking of different method of modding for my new site.

One where I publish as is and then updated it frequently no matter what was done or 'undone', more like a live blog of sorts. Stepped up back and forth input from any and all who care to join in. This will be more doable when I can keep files online and just password secure the site itself entire.

Hope you join me there from time to time.

That would be excellent...

Please do report when you get this website up and running...

Hey sorry forgot about this mod heh let me make up for lost time

Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?
Is it ready?

k there we go xD

Andri said:
Hey sorry forgot about this mod heh let me make up for lost time

Is it ready? nope :p
Is it ready? nope
Is it ready? nope
Is it ready? nope
Is it ready? nope
Is it ready? nope
Is it ready? nope
Is it ready? nope
Is it ready? nope

k there we go xD

yep, tis so...
:D

So, what's the good news?

GeneralHannibal said:
So, what's the good news?

I opened the mod and reviewed the map, sure is beautiful.

I opened the editor and remembered where last I worked. The file was still open.

I almost got to my modder book of notes, but alas the pile of new books was just still too high over top...

So I cleared a shelf in the computer room and starting listing and labeling new arrivals so my working space would be a tad more approachable.

But alas more material arrived in the mail the process started up again?!

Oh gosh, what I have set in motion?
:confused:

So to better 'remember' what I have ordered I set up a file tree in Outlook and organized hundreds of emails...
:rolleyes:

But the desire to mod is building up within me and I suspect I will get to it soon no matter what.
;)

The Good News is that everyday is a great day of progress.
Just not up and rolling yet.
:rofl:

Very nice post :). Do you think what you have no is in a playable state?

Even if not perfect? For your most present BETA? ;)

GeneralHannibal said:
Very nice post :). Do you think what you have no is in a playable state?

Even if not perfect? For your most present BETA? ;)

I will assess it.
Have started to mod lose ends now.

Yukala said:
I will assess it.
Have started to mod lose ends now.

I could help assess it as well ;)

GeneralHannibal said:
I could help assess it as well ;)

Hi GeneralHannibal!!

I am not ignoring you, especially since you are without doubt this mod's best fan.

Have been working on the mod more now. Still getting my head around all the loose ends however, so will post update when feasable.

Yukala said:
Hi GeneralHannibal!!

I am not ignoring you, especially since you are without doubt this mod's best fan.

Have been working on the mod more now. Still getting my head around all the loose ends however, so will post update when feasable.

OK. Gosh, there certainly seem to always be a lot of "loose ends", don't there. A modders work is never done... ;)

GeneralHannibal said:
OK. Gosh, there certainly seem to always be a lot of "loose ends", don't there. A modders work is never done... ;)

Well to be fair, at least so far as concerns my style of modding, it is not just 'loose ends' or endless details; it is my own nick picking changes based in the introduction of 'ideas' on and on a layering. :wacko:

The greater challenge for me is to STOP thinking up things to stuff into it. A challenge for which so far I am wholling lacking in definate skill.

minor update:

Worked on the map in Africa.
Have more there to do and around the Med.

GeneralHannibal said:
What was changed?

Well still working over Afrika. Need to tone down and give more rhyme and reason for the claims each nation there has on its neighbors.

Also making amendments to resouces etc, to account for so many new nations there. Which also continues to include 'shrinking' the Sahara desert.

The sheer number and power of the country count in Africa is closing in on the power of Europe or at least N. America. Will see later as it gets added up.

Yukala said:
Well still working over Afrika. Need to tone down and give more rhyme and reason for the claims each nation there has on its neighbors.

Also making amendments to resouces etc, to account for so many new nations there. Which also continues to include 'shrinking' the Sahara desert.

The sheer number and power of the country count in Africa is closing in on the power of Europe or at least N. America. Will see later as it gets added up.

Good idea. After all, the desert was much smaller a few thousand years ago, was it not?

GeneralHannibal said:
Good idea. After all, the desert was much smaller a few thousand years ago, was it not?

Much, much smaller. The fact that now 1/3 of the land surface of earth is desert and growing every year is mind-boggling. I mean this is a 'water planet' not Mars, well not yet...

Anyway, for the story-board, we need to have a much more amiable and lush green earth so as to better support vast and plentiful 'war machines'.

I increased forests around the world earlier and down-sized a lot of mountains to hills and pushed the snow-line north back the waters of Antartica. Nice to play god some days. :eek:

I know that if we could get the 'wobble' out of the planet it would do this and more.

I assume this also effects the far-north of Canada?

I think you should leave some mountains though, and maybe add some in some places for extra strategic fun...