• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
VILenin said:
Ha! You thought you could lose me by suddenly switching threads but I tracked you down!

Erm, well, actually I kept forgetting to check if there was a new thread. But at any rate I'm back now. I've read over the changes you have lined up for GI Beta 3 and they look interesting. Can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

:cool: Welcome back!

Are they all your dogs?

GeneralHannibal said:
Are they all your dogs?

Yep, had 11 puppies, five went to the other breeder at 10 weeks old in North Idaho and we kept 6 for now, plus having the mother. Had to build a small kennel though, did that in part of a standing out building.

Twelve weeks old and some already 20lb up from under a pound at birth. The first, Red Dozer was born on my pillow.
:D

Ektoras said:
Nice puppies and Celina has beautiful colours.

yes and personality matches.
:)

Guild Imperium Update:

In working with event chains I am reminded of an earlier sentiment to give a lot of game control to the player, via first month player events that provide various choices of turning off/on various event chains like Guild Imperium rebellions for instance.

So, that with working on them generally is where I am at presently.

Any thoughts?

I like the idea of player control but I'm of two minds about turning the Guild rebellions on/off. On the one hand it might be nice because in the games I've played they always seem to cripple the ai countries, in particular France. But then again, allowing human players to circumvent them seems to kind of make the presence of the Fascists pointless. Or are you talking about something else when you say the Guild Imperium rebellions?

I don't suppose there's a way to moderate the severity of the rebellions via event, is there?

VILenin said:
I like the idea of player control but I'm of two minds about turning the Guild rebellions on/off. On the one hand it might be nice because in the games I've played they always seem to cripple the ai countries, in particular France. But then again, allowing human players to circumvent them seems to kind of make the presence of the Fascists pointless. Or are you talking about something else when you say the Guild Imperium rebellions?

I don't suppose there's a way to moderate the severity of the rebellions via event, is there?

I am, there is; it can easily range from soft to terrible hard and from well scripted to near chaos. What you see in Beta2 I would classify as moderately hard.

Right now I turned them off to test other things and game performance is noticeably better.

This may be the issue for some players; nice to have but need to save on processing power.

Very true, processing power is definitely a consideration. I know on my machine the game steadily slows down as the years go by. So while I liked the idea of the Guild rebellions I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing if you had to take them out. The multiple revolters with a common color/flag was great, tho, really gave the feel of massive revolts.

VILenin said:
Very true, processing power is definitely a consideration. I know on my machine the game steadily slows down as the years go by. So while I liked the idea of the Guild rebellions I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing if you had to take them out. The multiple revolters with a common color/flag was great, tho, really gave the feel of massive revolts.

I think to cut Guild Fascist back to only 3 at a time per continent, layer them and spread them out over several years which could preserve the feel and still guard processing power.

So that would be that only three Guild Fascist in existence in any one area at once. And only after 6 months or more from the last one dissappearing can another three come into being from differing locations. What do you think?

Last test game was just marvelous by the way.

It displayed how much is done now with Beta3 morphing.

I disabled Guild Fascist so I could watch Europe without them. I re-instituted the random alliance making, but on top of 23 at start alliances. The game mod was more wild feeling yet faster.

The pirates almost took the whole of Japan at one point!! But then Japan unexpectedly allied with the Philippines (usually always an enemy), so then the fresh Philippine navy broke the Pirates hold. The Aussie alliance had taken Taiwan and had cut Pacific Fire into shreads.

I will tidy up the random alliance maker but add in a tail of sorts; where alliances are randomly 'abandoned' and with that the complimentary allied minors break ranks event chain. So things do not freeze by alliance into set directions.

That sounds like a good compromise solution, having smaller "waves" of fascist uprisings.

The pirates almost took over Japan? :eek: My last game was as them, I guess I'll have to look out for bucaneers in this next version. ;) The fluid alliance system shounds very interesting as well. Can't wait for the next version. :)

EDIT: oh, and one more thing. I was looking at the screenshots you posted (they wouldn't load for me before) and I was wondering if you could change the color of the Byzantines. That green is absolutely hideous! :p Either edit in a puprly color or even if you just switched colors between them and the Ottomans. I think switching the Green/Red would be more appropriate for those countries anyway. ;)

VILenin said:
That sounds like a good compromise solution, having smaller "waves" of fascist uprisings.

The pirates almost took over Japan? :eek: My last game was as them, I guess I'll have to look out for bucaneers in this next version. ;) The fluid alliance system shounds very interesting as well. Can't wait for the next version. :)

EDIT: oh, and one more thing. I was looking at the screenshots you posted (they wouldn't load for me before) and I was wondering if you could change the color of the Byzantines. That green is absolutely hideous! :p Either edit in a puprly color or even if you just switched colors between them and the Ottomans. I think switching the Green/Red would be more appropriate for those countries anyway. ;)

Changed! The green is changed to a right beautiful 'forest green of summer'.

:cool:

Wait! There is a beta 2?!?!? Why was i not told!!??!?!

Also is it ready?

Hi guys!!

Can not say.
Beta2 is pulled.

Beta3 is cooking. Will update in detail sometime soon.

Am busy just now having started 'end of year business organization' a little earlier this year.

So, hows things going?

GeneralHannibal said:
So, hows things going?

Hi, Happy Holiday's !!!

Been a great December 07, looking now to a glorious 'winter'; one of my favorite seasons.

I have been 'up to' a lot actually. Only some relates directly to the mod however.

I have purchased something like 20 web sites. Ten are of a special configuration with all the software up and already tested and integrated. (keeps that blessed learning curve down). I also purchased a large 'business package' with different host, this sporting 'unlimited this that and the other'. :rofl:

I am going to move a half dozen projects online over the next year or so... :rolleyes:

One of which is the mod. So I am going to work on the 'story-board' more systematically and publish as an ebook and also a 'white paper' on AI development and use the HOI2_1.3a as the 'working example'.

The mod is good shape but... have not done a bloody thing on it in detail this month, December. Busy boning up on software and technical books.

I have also had to (still doing) some computer integration here at home so to a have a small server up 24/7.

And we are delighted to keep 4 puppies (3 males, 1 female now each at 30 lbs :eek: ) the rest (seven) were placed in wonderful homes. And the dog kennel is in good shape; I spend 5 hours daily with the dogs, training, love etc.

How are you doing?

I trust you and all here are enjoying family and friends over the holiday's!!

How go things in the new year?

GeneralHannibal said:
How go things in the new year?

Very good!!

I miss modding though. :(

Everyday and night a steady pace so far...

Maybe another week before my new modding site is up and live. :D

I am boning up on Internet wisdom, :rofl:
...but three thousand pages of material is taking a toll on my time...

I have high expectations withal!
:cool:

A new modding site?

What does this mean?